[FE8] FE5AD (Fire Emblem Thracia 776 GBA Remake) - In progress Demo V.01 (10 chapters) now out

Ah, those two things are both bugs. They will be fixed for the next release.

Enemies do not capture you in this hack. I will add this to the FAQ.

1 Like

Ah I see much appreciated! Also can you still bring your own items into chapter 4? I had stuff on Leif, Lifis and Jeanne, but I think they were just thrown into the convoy

1 Like

You can’t at this time. This is due to the fact that I wasn’t able to replicate the random items in chests. You get new items in the chest, which I think has its pros and cons.

1 Like

Just watched the FEE3 vid and super excited for this hack. Love the heavy emphasis on capture mechanic and different pathways based on what you do with the boss.

2 Likes

Hey Blademaster, I cant start chapter 6 because the cutscene is not starting, out of that you are doing a great job

1 Like

The patch I posted may not actually be the most up to date one, so this bug is still present if you kill all the enemies in chapter 5. If you PM me your .sav, I should be able to fix it.

I plan to release a patch this weekend that includes chapter 8 in addition to some other bugs that have been reported.

1 Like

Hey everyone, it’s monthly update time!

Chapter 8 and 8x are complete.

This hack features base conversations that can give hints about the current chapter, items, recruit new characters, or boost supports. Base conversations will also replace in chapter convos like the ones in chapter 9, which will now happen in chapter 10 instead, for example. Additionally, units that join you in chapter will now instead join you in the prep screen on occasion (Dagdar and Tanya probably won’t in the final version). Gomez is still quite the threat, but whether he gets buffed even more… well, we’ll see.

13 Likes

Is there a way to update my current save file or do I need to restart from the beginning?

1 Like

Rename your .sav file to the name of the newly patched rom and it will be registered as a save for that rom instead of the outdated one

1 Like

I didn’t release a new patch. I’m not sure when I’ll release the next one. Chapter 8 and 8x still need to undergo more testing from the dev team.

Hey everyone, it’s monthly update time!

I’m sorry to say, but this month there isn’t a very big update. Chapter 9 is probably about 50% done. Lately, I’ve been thinking about just using Firelizard’s script where possible to help finish the project because translating it myself just takes so much time. To be perfectly honest, I’ve become a bit bored of working on FE5AD this past month. Because this project is a remake, and I feel I’ve already done the most exciting hacking aspects of it, it’s just hard to find excitement in working on the project as of late as the rest of the project from here on out mostly just involves me simply taking the text and map layouts and porting it to GBA. When it comes to wanting to spend time FE hacking, I’ve been thinking about starting a whole new project as of late because that would allow me to engage in more creative/fun things to make it more exciting to work on. That being said, I have no plans to cancel this project. I’d like to try sticking to my goal of one chapter a month with around one hour of work a day when I can. I will say that this next month I probably won’t be able to get too much work done on the project because I’ll be busy given the time of year it is. Sorry for the less than happy news this time around. I hope people can forgive me feeling a bit burnout after how long I’ve been working on GBA hacks!

Enjoy the holidays and happy new year! For chapter 10, I may try using Fire Lizard’s translation to see how much it speeds things up if it allows me to have chapters 9 and 10 ready by next month.

EDIT: Monthly update for January 18th. I took the previous month off. Next update will be in February. I’m going back to work on this project again on Saturday.

15 Likes

Hey Everyone, it’s monthly update time! I actually almost did this update tomorrow thinking today was the 17th!

5LeifBrand

Using Fire Lizard’s translation has greatly speed things up. Chapters 9 and 10 are now complete with chapter 11 only needing to undergo testing and having the text be added in. I’m almost caught up to the point I wanted to be last month with just one month of work. Pretty productive…

Because this hack uses base conversations, all in chapter conversations are moved to base convos. This will be helpful for people who don’t want to use Carrion in chapter 9 and things such as that. I want to give a special thanks to @Enjin for the new Leif animation. It goes beyond the normal 16 colors so that Leif’s lightbrand can really shine!

Anyway, that’s it for this month. See you next month!

18 Likes

I like Olwen’s portrait.

Nice to see more updates, a step closer to the end :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow, this is amazing. I think you’ve done a great job making FE5 much faster and easier to play. I’ve been having an absolute blast. Hitting that kill screen was really an “awwww” moment. I can’t wait for more. If you would like other playtesters, I would certainly do my best.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m always happy to have more playtesters.

Hello everyone, it’s time for the monthly update!

Chapters 11 and 11x are now finished. I had to remove some of the doors for the event in chapter 11 because they seemed to be causing some kind of weird bug where the game didn’t know what door was which. I also added more door key drops by the enemy to assist with soft locking, in addition to adding an extra method of getting into the fort. 11x is still a FOW chapter, but because playtesting is being undergone, the map is visible (also for the purpose of showing things off). Because enemy AI can’t capture you anymore, the extra cells in 11x now have optional bosses for you to fight. They are very strong, but drop a good reward. Progress on chapter 12 started as well, but not much can be said of it just yet. It’s probably about 10% done.

Anyway, that’s it for this month. See you next month!

15 Likes

So enemies can’t capture you? Will you still include chapter 21x in any way or boot it since you won’t be needing to get units back. It’s a shame enemies can’t capture your units. That was such a great aspect in the original and very unique imo.

1 Like

The feature was removed due to how abusable it was and the fact that it doesn’t make sense for the enemy to just not kill you imo

You will still be able to go to 21x if units fail to escape a map.

1 Like

Oooh okay that makes sense. I’m glad you’re still able to implement that. Thracia 776 is my favorite FE game and am so stoked to play this! I know it’ll be amazing, I’ve been following your work since the days of yore in the hacking community and you’ve never disappointed! Good luck with the rest my friend!

1 Like

Hello everyone, it’s time for the monthly update!

A lot of curious people (big names too, I could simply say the first letter of the names and you’d know) have been asking me if I kept this specific scene in from the original Thracia 776 on the Super Nintendo, also known as Super Famicom, which is short for family computer (I think), system, made by the Nintendo Company, founded in 1889, first released in the year 2000, in FE5AD.

I am happy to report after some grueling effort and assistance by asm and C wizards much better than I, this scene has been able to be successfully recreated in all it’s original glory. To those of you skilled enough to accomplish this feat, this labor that most people don’t even know you can actually do, this is your reward.

I wonder how many people will ultimately be able to do this?

8 Likes