[FE8][DEMO] Fire Emblem: the five legends

Hey can u tell me on which emulator can I play this??.

@RYUGA
Hi, please do not post the same question more than once in the topic, can you delete your first message? and for questions, please reply to me but not other FEU users, thanks for understanding.

I think the game is compatible with any game boy advance emulator, I personally use MGba

I use Virtual boy advance.

Eya, im trying your game and i pretty much like it, but i just unlocked the easy mode on prologue 1.

Here an idea, maybe you could make a discord server to have more feedback, and knowing better some bugs or errors the players will find

1 Like

That’s cool, I forgot to remove the test command when I was still testing the escape command implementation in my buildfile.

Thank you very much for reporting, today I release a new update with other little things.

The idea of the Discord server is not bad, but I have never used a lot of discord, and managing a server would take me more time, and besides I don’t know anyone who can help me to “keep” it actively, for now I don’t think it is doable, obviously for anything about the game anyone can write me here on the forum.

Thanks again so much for giving my project a chance :grinning:

I just released, a new version of the Demo, it solves small errors, but above all it adds some new ones as regards the management of the RAM Space, in fact the saves of this version will not be compatible with the old one due to these changes

If you find any bugs, or anything about the project, don’t hesitate to write

3 Likes

Hello to all readers, it has been a long time since I published anything, partly because I am preparing university exams and partly for other personal reasons, but I was sorry that those who follow the project could not see anything, so here are some screenshots on some maps I was working on:

Screenshot

immagine
The future of fire emblem: Sky boat map! :sweat_smile:

immagine

chapter in which you will have to defend the village (still to be seen how to improve)

immagine
immagine

Some “idea” maps for act 2
(and for some reason, the snow-covered maps seem beautiful to me to see … I don’t know why, but still to be refined)

I am also working on adapting the battle music of Xenosaga I, but unfortunately I’m not very good and it will take me some time

and lastly, if someone is interested, I am looking for someone good with the graphics of the gba or with the music that can help me in the development of the project, if someone wants to help / cooperate, you can safely write me both here and in private (don’t worry I’m not demanding, since I suck)

I also take this opportunity to wish you a happy new year! (even if late)
for anything about the project do not be afraid to write me!

may the new year bring a long life and prosperity to everyone! :vulcan_salute:t2:

5 Likes

Hi everyone! I am writing to inform you that I have updated the main thread, adding two new sections:

• “Wolud you like to give me a hand”: where I simply inform that if someone wants to help me, they can easily contact me without problemes
  • “Age content”: where ever the need is, I write clearly what types of content are in my game (by age) but it is assumed very simply in: play it only if you 15 and up years old

Also to show you I’m doing something here are a couple of gifs:

GIF 1

try1

GIF 2

try2

After my arrow made on paint, now I have also created a new version of the Hp bars, where thanks to the original Snakey (thank you very much!) code, now they change color :grin: :sweat_smile:

Also for those who want to play a preview of the prologue of act 2 of the game go to this link!

I wish I could show something more, and I would also like to work more on the game, but unfortunately I have my Physics university exam on February 5th and so it takes up all my time (but if all goes welI, I will have a month and a half break, where thanks to COVID I will be able to dedicate myself completely to the game lol)

thanks to all of you readers!
I wish everyone a long life and prosperity! :vulcan_salute:t2:

3 Likes

Look forward to the final release (≧∀≦)

1 Like

thank you very much, receiving these comments makes me really happy, and makes me think that my work is successful in its intent to entertain positively!

I wish I could say that the project is in a good state, but before a final release, time will pass, otherwise it would be a job done too quickly

5 Likes

it’s necessary reading that manga to completely understad the story of this hack?

1 Like

No, you don’t have to worry, without spoilers I can say that it is a parallel story, which was born inspired by the manga and follows it up to a certain point and then readapts it more to a fire emblem game.
so you can play my project without problems without reading the manga (or seeing the movie) and vice versa. in the end it can be said that they are two stories in the same “world”.
However I always recommend reading the masterpiece of the master miyazaki being undoubtedly a superior work (but also different in some ways)

1 Like

I will give my first review regarding my first impression about this game (mostly texts and arts impression) and maybe 2 days later I will give the one about the gameplay (skills, balancing etc).
So, first impression, the texts really hurt my eyes and brain.
I read that you’re not resourceful when it comes to the language but I didn’t really expect it was this poor. Lack of punctuation here and there, improper usage of capitalization (not capitalizing a certain proper names or titles) and sometimes the text within the bubbles are clipping. Especially punctuation, minor details like that helps the reader to get the idea of the story better.

About the arts,
Honestly, when I saw Nausicca art, I thought most of the cast would be carbon copy of the original characer art except for the head. However, the other 2 characters in chapter one are not, so fingers crossed its just a coincidence. I must say though, as someone who doesn’t like alpha (looks like it was made by other people and doesn’t belong to the game, usually in terms of texture or coloring) custom content, your arts really looks like it belongs to the game. So, props to that.

@Ysa12
Hi, thanks for giving it a try!

first of all I can say that by the end of this month a new version of the game I have been working on for more than three months will be released, where it fixes a lot of things and adds a lot more contents, so I recommend you wait and try the new version.

That said, the language problem will certainly not be solved with a touch of magic, I’m sorry that it can create a lot of problems and ruin the story, so I try to commit myself to improving the writing, the only thing I ask is a little patience until I improve, and I can assure that I will not leave the writing in this poor state, but I just ask for a little time, thanks for understanding.

As for art, I’m not an artist, and I have never been, this does not mean that I do not want to improve, on the contrary, as I wrote in the main post I intend to have customized graphic assets for everything, I just prefer to focus on others things right now, first of all the gameplay, because a boring game can also be beautiful to see, but then no one would play it being boring.

Have a nice day and long life and prosperity :vulcan_salute:t2:

1 Like

Aw, I thought it was a completed mod lol.
So, here’s some feedback and suggestion:

1. Skill
    So far there is no stupid personal skill, every skill makes sense and has its immediate usage. If you’re curious of what I mean by stupid personal skill is giving a +20 hit to a non combatant character like Priest/Cleric/Troubadour. Its a MOCKERY for all tier 1 healers in FE Universe lol. There is also no character with a personal skill that isn’t relevant to their background/class (ex: a cleric that just has a dream of learning black magic, but didn’t learn it at all yet and doesn’t have her promotion class using dark magic has Hex as personal skill).

2. Plot
    I love the plot so far, very intriguing and right up my alley. Maybe because playable the characters are still not that many, none of them feels like a filler character, which is great. I just hope there isn’t any purely filler character (ex: you met him/her on 1 chapter, recruit him/her, but he/she doesn’t have any other relevancy to the plot until the end, not even recruiting a certain character in the future).

3. Art
    Please change the character art that are carbon copy from the original game, just to jazz it up a bit and don’t make it too obvious alpha looking. Make the art looks it belongs to the game as much as possible. From all of the redesign character arts, I love Diana and Catherina the most. Yala looks 90% like Elen from FE7. Nausicaa portrait and sprite doesn’t match. Her portrait looks like she is using clothes for her body armor, but her sprite is shown using a full body armor with cape.

4. Support Conversation
    I only managed to pop up the one between the thief and elven looking archer girl. Theirs are using Colm and Neimi logs. I don’t know about the other but it would be great if you can make multiple endings on several characters depending whether they have A support with certain characters.

5. Gameplay
    So far nothing too unreasonable, no character starts with an extremely low status across the board or having stats that aren’t relevant to their class. The growth rate also not that trash (or I’m just being lucky with the RNG) since I haven’t got any level up with literally 0 or 1 point in the stats increase. For the chapter where Catherina joins, I wish she has a Heal staff, not just Vulnerary, so I can spend the money for something else instead. I don’t know about the future fates of NPC in the Ch. 1-4, but it would be nice if you give Salem an Elixir and make him prioritze healing himself when under 50% HP so I don’t have to worry about him being killed lol.

6. Class
    Since there isn’t any class changing item here, I don’t know whether it is a linear class like FE7 or multiple branching class like FE8. If you’re planning on branching class, please add more hybrid classes such as War Cleric (Axe + Staff from FE12), Miko (Bow + Staff from FE14), Master Monk (Spear + Staff from FE14), Mage Knight (Sword + Anima FE4 version) etc. Going 3 branches for the promotion also makes the game replayability higher as it tends to make people want to try new things. So, if I were you, I would avoid linear if possible. Don’t make Dancer too omnipotent by giving her magic as weapon choice if you plan to have Dancer some sort of self defense mechanism. Other than that, everything seems pretty good so far.

7. VERY VERY VERY VERY Personal Opinion
    I really love Catherina color palette on the sprite version. Her blonde hair and lavender with a bit of yellow streaks near her skirts are a really good color combination. However, if you are still planning to change her color palette, PLEASE MAKE IT PINK! I also would love if there is someone who could promote into War Cleric (if you plan to have one) with the correct base stats and growth. In my opinion, hybrid class ideally have 50/50, 40/60 ratio between their physical and magical department, not 90% magical and 10% physical. Ex: X can promote into a hyrbid class A ( Sword + Dark), but X’s base stats is 1 STR 8 MAG 0 DEF 7 RES, with the growth of 10% STR 50% MAG 15% DEF and 35% RES. This setup will makes the choice of becoming a hybrid class useless as people will always choose the best class (unless likes to play the game in very very hardcore hard mode).

8. Last but not least, Text
    I know it is such a work but if you have spare time, maybe fix some of the clipping text, grammatical errors, punctuation and typo within the text.

All in all, you’re doing a great job. Keep it going dude! I’m cheering for your project! So sorry if I look like I’m being bitchy here. Its just I’m a very detailed person lol.

1 Like

No, don’t worry absolutely, you have not been rude for any reason, indeed you have been very kind and polite in reviewing the demo, indeed I thank you very much for everything you said!
getting all this feedback at once is like a dream!

1. The abilities that the various characters have are very personal, I’m glad you liked how I’m handling them

2. I can assure you that there will be no characters just to increase the roster

3. Some graphics are done by me, others were taken from the graphic repo (you can see it in the credits section of the main post), so really thank you very much to the great people who share their work :pray:t2:
    however I intend to update all the graphics as soon as possible

4. The supports will be managed in a different way from a classic fire emblem, more related to character development in the story (depending on which support you choose the character during the story will change), so they won’t be available the old way, in the next version I will fix this problem.

5. Don’t worry about the NPCs from chapter 1-4, nothing is achieved by keeping them alive (except the bow cavalier who is recruitable)

6. The progression of the classes is very similar to Radiant Dawn and Echoes, therefore multiple tiers.
    there will be no “traditional” dancer in my project

7. don’t worry, there will be some characters who will be able to access mixed classes, and I will always try to make a choice of a character always valid

8. Adjusting the quality of the writing is one of my priorities, don’t worry you were right to point out my mistakes.

Again thank you very much for playing, I take this opportunity to say that at the end of this month they will release a new patch!

p.s: Thanks again for the support!

1 Like

Hi Everyone! It’s me, Alaric this is the link for the FEE3 trailer of the project:

First of all, I want to thank a lot all the people who spent their time commenting and watching the trailer, I hope you liked it!

Unfortunately, due to my personal problem and some university commitments I have in these days, I have not been able to complete all the things that I have set for the new release, so I still ask for a little patience, but I hope to be forgiven when you can see all new advances made!

and if you are so eager to see the story of Nausicaä, I highly recommend you to read the original manga, you will not be disappointed (read it anyway even if you are patient, because it is very beautiful :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

Thanks again to everyone, especially the FEU staff who organized a wonderful show this year!
I wish everyone a long life and prosperity! :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

So this is based on Nausicaa of the valley of the wind? I literally just rewatched it last night. My favorite studio ghibli film! Waiting to save up some money so I can buy the manga special edition hardcover.

1 Like

Yep, it’s a reimagination of Nausicaa of the valley of the wind, based more on the manga than the movie, but it’s not a 1:1 recreation, although I try to be as faithful as possible to the main themes, and do not alter the ending etc…
The idea would be to expand the world and the lore as much as possible, without altering the central pillar of the work, therefore I recommend reading the manga, without worrying about spoiling the game

p.s the special edition is fantastic, it is absolutely worth it :star_struck:
random question: is your nickname inspired by the character of Suzaku from code geass?

That’s awesome! I’ll definitely be keeping tabs on this one then. That’s good to hear it’s worth it also looks so good too. The artwork is so top notch :ok_hand:t2: I’ve heard so many good things about the manga. I didn’t even know it was a manga till a couple years ago too.

Also no, even though I love Code Geass my name comes from an anime called Fushigi Yuugi:The Mysterious Play. One of the very first anime I watched and fell in love with.