[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

To other players who completed this hack, would you say the main campaign’s difficulty is balanced around not doing skirmish/arena/Tower battles? I ask this because I’ve once again made myself too strong by farming money with Colm.

Edit: Ok, so it’s not actually the money that made me OP, but I did the following:

• cleared the map of skirmishes at every chapter
  • did one full Tower run after Ch. 15
  • grinded at the two arenas “fairly” (one level up for each unit deployed)

I also held on to most of the stat boosters / skill scrolls, since it’s better to give them to promoted units.

2 Likes

This may be just me, but does anyone else feel like Jake should be able to promote? He’s a serviceable unit, but I feel like he gets overshadowed by Dussel, Kyle and Forde.

Hey there y’all, does anyone know if you can still get the advanced AI on the newest patch? I kinda don’t want enemies to just suicide on Gilliam if I can help it

Maybe he just needs better skills? Or ones that set him apart from those three you mentioned. I haven’t tried raising Jake, so I wouldn’t what the problem with him is exactly.

1 Like

I actually just finished this hack. I played the hard difficulty on Eirika’s route. I chose the all skills patch version.

I didn’t do any extra monster encounters, and by the mid to late game, I was overpowered. The last chapter was the only time enemies felt like they were properly scaled to me.

I really enjoyed this hack, but the skill system doesn’t feel fine tuned. Despite having extra skills to give to units, there wasn’t enough skill space on units to really customize them. I usually couldn’t replace skills like reposition or shove, and other class skills filled up my slots fast. Most units only had one skill slot left for me to give them a new skill.

If there was a way to remove skills at will, I would’ve had a lot more fun. I also wish more skills could be found early on, or if skill scrolls carried over between playthroughs. This way I could use skills on units much earlier on.

1 Like

If you use a skill scroll, you can replace any skill you learned by leveling up, as long as you use it during a battle instead of from the preparations menu.

Even if a character already had six skills? I could only forget a skill if I learned one naturally from leveling up. Skills from a skill scroll item didn’t seem to stick to a character if I was maxed out already.

The last chapter was the only time enemies felt like they were properly scaled to me.

I noticed that too on both of my playthroughs. Fomortiis seems to be slightly overtuned, as most of my units could only deal 0-10 dmg, and a Lv.20 Myrrh was the only unit I had that could safely fight him.

Despite having extra skills to give to units, there wasn’t enough skill space on units to really customize them. I usually couldn’t replace skills like reposition or shove, and other class skills filled up my slots fast. Most units only had one skill slot left for me to give them a new skill.

This is likely a UI issue, since the status screen for a unit doesn’t have enough space to display more than 6 skills. Although I do agree that being able to delete skills freely would help with customization (moreso if the deleted skills are added to the convoy).

1 Like

So, I’m playing the postgame and I unlocked Ismaire. Her personal skill doubles her crit rate for free, and she can attack at long range thanks to her bow access. It makes me wonder what the point of raising Joshua/Marisa is when she could do what they do, but effortlessly.

General Gilliam also has a similar issue when compared to Fado, and I feel pressured to promote him into Great Knight every time.

Well, the thing is, Fado and Ismaire are creature campaign units, so you don’t have access to them right away and while Fado is basically a direct upgrade compared to any armor knight, Joshua and Marisa have access to the assassin class line, which means they get lethality, and if you put say, rightful god or peerless tactician on them, they will outdamage ismaire purely because of lethality, just becuase ismaire has over 90 crit rate, doesn’t mean that’ll outdamage the high health pools in the ruins, like the dragons or even some of the later level bosses like Brenden and Zephiel. It’s nice to have a set of units with lethality to ruin them like the zombie dragons with wary fighter

1 Like

when is that update with the warrior animations? :stuck_out_tongue:

Given how the maker said he was gonna take a break, not anytime soon.

2 Likes

Fair enough, must be a lot of hard work to make hacks like this. I can’t wait tho lol

I seem to be stuck at 5 supports for each character, how am I supposed to get multiple S ranks for each one?

That’s how the GBA games handle supports. S rank supports didn’t exist until awakening. If you’re wanting a paired ending you have to get two characters to A rank

Ah shit… I read “All units can achieve multiple S ranks” in the description and automatically assumed it meant supports, not weapons… Damnit, well this playthrough is ruined lol, if only there were a way to uncap support limits. I know it’s make it broken easy, but idc about difficulty, just story and etc.

you can change it in febuilder in the patches menu pretty easily. "Modify Maximum Number Of Supports: in the patches menu

Unlimited supports but half the stat bonus from each support would be pretty balanced, given that most units will have trouble getting more than 3 support partners deployed and nearby.

1 Like

Could I do this and still use my current save file? Would I have to repatch the game? Never used FEBuilder, but always been interested in using it, maybe even building my own fangame :smiley:

I’m not sure. You can always test and keep a backup of the rom. But be warned that this hack has pretty much filled to the rom to the brim and if anything you try causes a data expansion you will have to start over again.