[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Hi there. I’m glad you enjoyed the hack, and thanks for the feedback.
Regarding the trainee units, I decided to revert them back to vanilla because:
a) People were complaining that me setting their starting class to my preferences prevented them from getting those characters into a class they wanted
b) It took away their uniqueness and the fun of using them
c) It doesn’t make too much sense storywise for Ross to be a pirate and Ewan to be a shaman

I’m sorry but, whatever changes I make will please some people while displeasing others

I don’t remember changing any data for Lute. Her stats are completely vanilla. That being said, I did change the bases of the mage class, so that may be why she feels different. Should I make her stronger? People have already complained about her being too OP because of her paragon skill.

Kyle’s (Roy’s) animations have been changed because now the Binding Blade is in the game and using it will trigger the unique animations.

In chapter 20, I didn’t change the amount of enemy reinforcements nor the turns on which they spawn. Even in vanilla, enemies will continue to appear up until turn 29, if I’m not mistaken.

eu realmente sou seu fã número um mano sério nunca me senti tão bem jogando um jogo e sei progressão , eu terminei hj. meu Deus, as ruínas são simplismente impossíveis eu finalizei a história do difícil sem problemas, mas as ruínas são simplismente impossíveis sem cheats aqueles infelizes esqueletos com arco de ouro kkk é insano de difícil . e também realmente gostei de tanta animações personalizadas de cada chef. senti inveja de tão linda a animação dos chefes na ruína , mas me arrependi de não ter zerado no normal para curtir as ruínas melhor, não tenho o que reclamar. foi simplismente magnífico

i really am your number one fan seriously i never felt so good playing a game and i know progression, i finished today. my God, the ruins are simply impossible I finished the story of the difficult without problems, but the ruins are simply impossible without cheats those unfortunate skeletons with gold bow kkk is insane difficult. and I also really enjoyed the personalized animations of each chef. I was so jealous of the beautiful animation of the chiefs in the ruin, but I regretted not having zeroed in normally to enjoy the ruins better, I have nothing to complain about. it was just magnificent

Hey thanks for the reply,
Yea the changes do seem logical i was just unaware of this because i didn’t find them in a change log maybe i didn’t read it, if so its my fault.

Regarding chapter 20 you are correct enemies do keep spawning i was mistaken.

Mages are find i have been playing the hack recently and they still are viable so they are fine. Overall solid version, nice job

Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA(1)_1586884484920 Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA(1)_1586884479040 Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA(1)_1586884474478 Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA(1)_1586884470742 Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA(1)_1586759636571 Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA(1)_1586758078824 Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA(1)_1586752432485 Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA(1)_1586829491924
I get you wanted to make hm difficult, but i really dont think this was the way to do it

1 Like

Actually, I had to nerf hard mode because in vanilla, enemies usually get +4 bonus points in all stats. This was reduced to +2 in the latest version. Also, the hack is balanced around normal mode, so hard mode may be broken due to the increased bases and growth rates. You seem to be playing al older version, since that female berserker doesn’t have all the skills she should.

Also, I don’t really get why people choose the hardest setting and then complain that enemies are too strong while there are two other difficulty options available.

Mainly because the pacing of the hack on hard seems fine until ch16, where you all of a sudden get whopped with plus 20 speed enemies, i’ll try to see if the new patch fixes much but i lowkey had to grind to not get doubled by everything

1 Like

Sorry, I’m still struggling trying to find balance for hard mode. I’ll consider my options and come up with something for the next update. Thank you for your feedback.

Hello, I’ve been following your hack for quite some time now and I gotta say it just looks absolutely stunning. I just wanted to ask if Normal Mode was made any more difficult like the Vanilla Hard Mode, or is it more like Vanilla Normal Mode just altered to fit all the new things you’ve added? Thank you for all your hard work on this hack!!

Hello. Thanks for the kind words. I’d say this hack’s normal mode is the same or a little bit harder than vanilla hard* mode. Hard mode here, as you can see from the posts above, is still not properly balanced.

You’re welcome! I could only imagine the time and dedication this took you. Okay, that’s what I thought because of the previous post but I wasn’t sure. Thank you for getting back to me and hopefully soon you can finish up this project and continue to create great content for the people like me that don’t have a computer to be able to hack with. Cheers and stay healthy my friend!

Sorry, I just realised I wrongly said normal mode.

This hack’s normal mode is similiar or a little bit harder than vanilla hard mode.

This hack’s hard mode is still not properly balanced.

Sorry for the confusion.

Just an enquiry here. In the version before the 04.04.20 update, you said you had removed the alternative promotions for ephraim and eirika. the original post still states they have alternate promotions and how to get them though. Are they back in the new update? or are they still removed?

They are still available. I eventually put them back in the game. There’s a new update coming very soon though, so you might want to wait for it.

***New version is up~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***

Hey guys. Didn’t expect to release a new version now, but here it is anyway. This update fixes most of the bugs that were reported recently. I also had to remove some skills that were not working correctly. Here’s a breakdown:

-Implemented the (highly) requested feature of a third promotion option. All classes with the exception of the knight now have a third possible promotion. With that, all of the classes in the game are playable (except monsters). Do keep in mind that some of them may require a heavy investment of stat boosters to be viable, due to the STR/MAG split. Some of the palettes are better than others, but I tried my best.

-Some spells have better animations.

-Changed the minimug style from Kaitou to Runabox

-All classes can achieve multiple S ranks. This was also highly requested due to the variety of regalia in the game.

-The “magical” physical weapons (Light Brand, Wind Sword, Runesword, Bolt Axe, and Flame Lance) now function in the following manner. Their might is added to the user’s MAG stat and target the enemy’s DEF when used in melee or the enemy’s RES when used as a ranged attack. They have also been better integrated into the game.

-Added the Bright Bow, which functions the same way as the other magical physical weapons.

-Improved map sprites, battle animations and palettes for some classes.

-Fixed the issue with the shops selling weird items

-Fixed a variety of minor bugs

-Some new classes were added

-Fixed the issue with minibosses beign underpowered late game. They should be a little weak from level 1 to 4 (so they won’t be broken in the early chapters) and get stronger than the regular enemies starting from level 5.

-Poison damage has been reworked. Poison will deal low damage in early game, but it will gradually increase as the player progresses through the game. In the final chapters, it can deal as much as 20 points of damage. Don’t underestimate enemies with poison weapons!

-Some classes have had their HP caps expanded (up to a maximum of 80)

Have fun!

1 Like

Have 2 questions:

1. Is there a full changelog of this? I noticed some changes from the last version that haven’t been mentioned, like leadership stars being nerfed and enemies not attacking units that they deal 0 damage to.

2. Hard mode still isn’t balanced?

1 Like

Sorry, guys. It was late, I was tired and I forgot to mention these 4 other changes:

• The portraits blink in the status screen.

• The enemy AI was tweaked. Enemies will not attack units which they deal 0 damage to.

• One major problem that arrised when I increased enemie’s levels was that playable units would receive massive amounts of EXP. Anyone who has already played this hack noticed how their units would be 4-5 levels stronger than the enemies. In order to minimize this problem, I reduced the amount of EXP earned to roughly 80%.

• Leadership star bonuses have been nerfed. Each star now gives +2 to hit and avoid rates. I felt like the previous bonuses were punishing players who didn’t use the royals on their team.

Yes, hard mode should be balanced. Since the last version I reduced their stat bonuses from the usual +4 to +2. I’m playing it myself now to test it.

Nice I’m loving these changes. thanks for all your hardwork blood, and to whoever contributed to your project. I was at chapter five in the 04.04.20 update, so i might as well just restart. it wasnt that far ahead.

1 Like

Just a heads up for other players. Joshua’s AI now makes him attack Natasha in chapter 5 if she is within range. Almost caught me there!

I think I found a bug. I tried promoting Natasha but when i scrolled on the War Cleric option, my game froze and basically crashed my emulator. I had to restart my device. I’m playing on a mobile, using myboy emulator.

New version released which fixes the War Monk/Cleric promotions. Also fixes Myrrh’s double dragon fang.

That is likely caused by the skill system. Joshua’s AI is still set not to attack Natasha. I noticed that the Gorgon Eggs on chapter 18 also seem broken. Currently working on them.

It was an issue caused by the fact that promotions with staves seem to use the promoted class’s unarmed animations, which I had excluded. Think it’s fixed now.

2 Likes