[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Turns out Myboy for android was incompatible with the rom, other emulators work fine. This hack is a triumph! Best version of FE8 available. I was wondering if there were plans to replace any of the other sprites which still stand out a little compared to the flashy new ones? In particular, the Warrior and Wyvern Lord would be awesome to see updated.

2 Likes

Wyvern Lord would likely be difficult since the new one if being used for Glen’s unique class. Warrior would be very good though, that thing sticks out like a sore thumb…do think the new sprite is used for one of the Lagdou Ruins boss units IIRC. Chomping at the bit for the next update.

What does Resouceful do? It does not seem to be doing anything for me. I used the 4/19/2022 Full random growth with AI patch.

Have anyone ever considered the King class as Ephraim’s third promotion option ? The exact same class of Vigarde.

From what I remember, it increases the damage inflicted by effective skills (Slayer and Skybreaker). It does not affect weapons.

It does in this version. Its Amelia’s personal skill and she is meant to use slayer-based weapons because of it. Problem is that i’m unsure if the base multiplier for Slayer effect for this game is 2x or 3x. Also because Amelia’s base STR is really low for most of the early game and a shaky STR growth rate, her core damage is too low even when multiplied to these extents. She will skyrocket later on in the game, but yeah the early game makes it difficult to see if the skill is taking effect or not.

I largely forgot about arenas lol. I’ll see what I can do about them.

No complaints from me. Good luck with your project ;).

Yeah, emulators seem to be an issue with FE hacks for some reason. Regarding the classes, they are the same as vanilla, so I didn’t feel it was necessary to replace their map sprites. I’ll check the repo and see whether there are good looking ones.

2 Likes

Oww nice. Question…was the Amelia Halberdier spirte, something that was pulled from the repo or was it designed from scratch? Also is Resourceful working? I swear sometimes i’m not getting the boosted multiplier. Last question (asked previously), would you consider adding a few extra Metis’ Tomes as high end rewards across the campaign, just to alleviate the gold sinks you have to do to maximize a unit for post-game shennanigans.

Hey Blood, I’ve given it some thought and I wondered, how about removing rally skills from personal skills and instead make them just into scrolls, considering you are working into introducing them. It could end up with really fun builds like a rally master or stuff like that and it wouldn’t hinder some units into being “generics” with a rally skill for a personal skill, which just overshadows them against someone with a more unique personal skill

2 Likes

Hey Blood, I’ve given it some thought and I wondered, how about removing rally skills from personal skills and instead make them just into scrolls, considering you are working into introducing them. It could end up with really fun builds like a rally master or stuff like that and it wouldn’t hinder some units into being “generics” with a rally skill for a personal skill, which just overshadows them against someone with a more unique personal skill

^

This. This is a briliant idea.

1 Like

Melady Wyvern Lord
This Nuramon Armored Wyvern sprite is used for Melady in Project Ember, I figured it could be recoloured for Cormag (I could give it a go if necessary)

The Tellius Warrior sprites are used in Project Ember for Wade, these were the ones I think would look great for Garcia etc. Also, JayTheCount modified the Leo Warrior anims and that looks incredible too.

I understand you have a lot on your plate, so feel free to ignore these. Just some ideas.
If I may suggest some, Nuramon’s Zelgius/Marshal battle sprites are truly chefs kiss. They could represent the General, or King class for Fado, or perhaps a new one?! Marshal as a class option for Knights?!

Redbean’s Karla Swordmaster Animation - I think this could work better for Marisa than her current one. GabrielKnight’s Iaijutsu animations could look great too!

2 Likes

What problems did you find? I played through part of the previous version on MyBoy and didn’t notice anything.

I do think those Armored Wyvern sprites/animations shown here are already used for Glen’s special Wyvern class, so it doesn’t make sense to make Cormag look the same since the classes are different.

I should have clarified sorry, the beta patches are what I was encountering issues with. The official current release works fine, but with any of the patches in chapter 2 I freeze with a screeching sound. ( kind of creepy tbh ) only Lemuroid for android allowed me to play the beta patches.

I suppose, however since Glen and Cormag are brothers it would make sense that Cormag at his most powerful would resemble Glen, the Sunstone

Dear author, I really like your Sacred Trilogy Final. I want to turn it into Chinese, hoping to get your permission.

Dondon and someone else made the male version, which I used as a base to make Amelia’s version. Then I submitted to the repo.

It should be? I’m gonna test it.

Well, I didn’t include any more of these simply because they are useless in fixed growth mode, which uses a formula that ignores them.

Excellent idea, indeed! The thought never crossed my mind after skill scrolls became a reality.

I’ll consider it.

There was a voting not too long ago and the majority voted for Aruka’s version.

Sure, you have my permission. That being said, a new version is almost completed, so you might want to wait a little longer for it.

6 Likes

True, but then again fixed growths isn’t the default mode most people play. And that can have a simple work around by making the extra Tomes sellable for a decent chunk of gold if you do go fixed growths. The only one you do get comes soo late that it’s value is very diminished. So many characters with growths on the shakier side would benefit from having access to extra tomes: Dozla, Rennac, Syrene, Gerik, Gillian, Knoll, even the trainees would love it.

If the rally skills are to be shifted into scrolls (thank god) what personal skills are you planning on giving in to the characters in return?

“furiously chewing furniture”. The wait is killing me.

Btw rally skills becoming skill scrolls just gives another reason of why Eirikia is S tier: +6 on all relevant stats since rally spectrum stacks with normal stat rallies

There is a modified paladin battle sprite that was designed for kent/sain in the repo, posted by a guy named RobertFPY, which kinda combines elements of OG Paladin and Great Knight, and i was thinking it would make for a nice reskin for Blood’s Praetor class. Problem is that i can’t view them in the dropbox, so maybe you could post them instead?.

I’ve been thinking about which skills could better represent all the current characters that as of now have rally skills considering Blood might replace them.
So I made my thoughts on which skills they could possibly get if based on the character

Vanessa: Resourceful, I know it’s repeating the same personal skill that amelia has but based from Vanessa’s support with Syrene it’s the one that made the most sense to me. Gameplay wise it would also help her out the same or even more than what Amelia benefits from it, since Vanessa has either more the same weapon type (Wyvern Knight) or more weapon types, Arbalest being the one that benefits the most (Bows being effective against everything that flies basically enhanced)

Forde: Slow Burn , reason based on his character on the battlefield, who lazes around but still is supposed to be a force to reckoned with. Slow burn basically guarantees a permanent +15 hit and evade due to Forde getting also quick burn, which is the other side of the same skill, just reversed.

Kyle: Discipline , Kyle considers Forde as his rival as someone he wants to surpass and it’s stated that he trained diligently to achieve that goal. Discipline would simply help him raise weapon ranks faster post promotion, since all his promotions unlock either 1 or 2 additional weapon types and that would make him a good choice for Weapon advantage control with higher quality weapons

Moulder: Nihil , simply based on his nature as a priest and his supports. He displays unique displays of behavior, nearly dropping the crown of Frelia or simply forgetting his own Birthday
gameplay wise Nihil is simply Nihil

Natasha: Voice of Peace, I felt like this skill simply suited Natasha better rather than Knoll, who is mostly interested to his research

Cormag: Skybreaker or Killing Machine , yet another skill that may conflict with a character that has it. This one is based mostly on Cormag wanting to kill Valter, either by following Glen’s footsteps or simply by being a crit machine

Saleh: Tome Range +1 This one is mostly to relate to his mastery of magic as a sage. Gameplay wise might be a bit too good considering this enables 4 range wind magic so if anyone has a recomendation that doesn’t conflict with his sage skills, be sure to tell.

Well, that was the list of characters with rally skills and my take on what their personal skills could be.
If blood hadn’t thought of the replacement skills at this point I hope this was of help and if not, this was simply my take on it, without considering conflicts with other characters, in which my hypothetical scenario would also need to have those personal skills changed to something else

5 Likes