[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

I’m adding that to the laundry list:

Thanks for the roundup!

By the way, I’m not sure if I ever mentioned that I have included an option to disable dance and staff animations while keeping battle animations on. It’s on the configuration menu:

6 Likes

Yeah, i boiled it down to Nihil, Skybreaker, Vengeance and Resourceful bugs:

• Nihil freezes the game when going up against a range modifying skill (Point Blank, Tome Range +1)

• Skybreaker is just a dud skill ATM.

• Vengeance is an odd ball. It seems like the damage calc is made at the start of turn (shown by the 100+ damage in the display) but the actual damage doesn’t go off until the second Vengeance proc. It’s a mess, but it seems to with the Skill Sys.

• And i’ve already mentioned Resourcful.

Also, not to be greedy and add to your laundry list, but have you put any thought on the idea of route-exclusive untis?

Also that menu for animations looks sexy.

1 Like

Can confirm Skybreaker and Resourceful are both duds. Nihil has a table which allows me to set which skills it can nullify, so I already removed the range skills to prevent the game from freezing. I cannot easily reproduce the issues with Vengeance.
Regardless, the skill system is advanced wizardry and I lack the skills to fiddle with it. Any improvements will have to come from its authors. I will, unfortunately, have to remove those broken skills from the hack.

1 Like

When I asked in the Skill Sys page about Skybreaker they said that in order for it to work, you need the use the effectiveness rework and set the classes. They also said that this rework isn’t in the default FEbuilder. Maybe it’s a secondary patch that needs to be installed.

Side note: Do you know how to record a clip from an emulator? I have a save that shows the Vengeance bug full frontal so I can show it to the peeps at Skill Sys.

Also, Franz As a Ranger is fun. Then not hitting him is fun.

1 Like

So i posted this to the Skill Sys as a reply to @Sme. This has also happened in Sacred Trilogy on more than one occassion.

Fire Emblem - Sacred Trilogy patched_1680000798624
Fire Emblem - Sacred Trilogy patched_1680000840333

After a lot of thinking… I regret to say that the legendary weapons are completely broken. I didn’t download the latest patch but I don’t think it’s gonna be much different. Even without effectiveness that high Mt still one shots most of the enemies and trivialises the difficulty.

The best course of action would be to reduce their might. If you buff monsters then some players might regret it because Magvelian Ores can be missed…

Idk, maybe I’m giving it too much thought. But what do others think of this change ? Don’t want to put too much pressure because the game is near it’s completion.

I believe that not using the legendary weapons since you think they are too strong, I particularly think that you found the weapons broken because the campaign is very easy, I believe that in the final version with the skills you will be satisfied with the weapons

1 Like

I mean… that’s the idea about legendary weapons, they are supposed to be strong/broken and of course can one shot most enemies, the point about them is being specially good against the stronger enemies (Dracozombies, Lagdou Dragons, Lagdou Bosses who also use S rank weapons)

They will only become unbreakable once postgame hits so you still need to watch out of not overusing them during campaign.

This is my opinion about this matter, Legendary weapons were really good on Vanilla FE8 and should still be good here.

Edit: completely unrelated but I’d like to ask Blood about it, will shove and non canto, non crit class skills get moved to a learnable skill? since being class skills means they cannot be replaced and due to that they lose a practical skill slot that units with canto or crit boost benefit from.

That way people can choose whether a movement skill is worth having around (like Colm with gridmaster, the only proper user of shove) or get in a more skill related to supporting (Rallies, Renewal, etc) or combat skills (Resolve, adept, Nihil)

Sorry for the rambling but I thought I should get it out of the way since this will affect heavily a lot of units in Sacred Trilogy once skill scrolls come around

6 Likes

By the way, I have received very little feedback on chapter 19x. What’s the general consensus? Too hard, too easy, just right?

Jake feels a bit weak stat-wise for how late he joins…other than that the chapter seems nice overall.

EDIT: Damn i just realized that Jake’s stats are only marginally better than Seth’s and you get Seth on chapter 1. Sure Seth is kinda of a bad benchmark because his bases are way too high even by Jagen standarts (not to mention his growths), but at the end third of the campaign your recruitables should be a tad stronger. Anna has nice base speed, but i’m guessing it’s her skill spread that’s gonna carry her more than anything.

1 Like

I agree with the comment above about Jake being weak, but the chapter being well balanced.

1 Like

I already gave my opinion about 19x regarding trying to keep all NPCs alive (Fleets specially) it is really hard to get to save them in time due to the distance between your units and the spot where NPCs are.

Map really favored mounted units and fliers (and on full version that will be even more considering Falcoknights get galeforce and that is going to be a must unless you want to bet on RNG)

One bit of a nitpick would be moving the hero NPC one tile lower so he doesnt obstruct the player’s path, forcing to rescue him to visit the village.

Other than this I said my bit when I first did 19x

But the level-up skills are limited to 4 slots, so even if I were to move Canto and Shove to them, the class skill slot would still be empty and the player wouldn’t be able to fill it with a skill learnt via skill scroll

Also a small request, but can you add a crackable wall in 5x? Cuz that merry-go-round is a pain in the ass to deal with.

It worked that way? Damn.

It’s done. Version 1.0 is available, including the full version of the hack. This update massively overhauls the hack in comparison with the previously completed available versions. I will eventually update all the documents, screenshots and information regarding the hack. I just want to rest a little bit first :X

Changelog:

• Finished Lagdou Ruins
  • Included dancer rings for Tethys
  • Added support conversations and a paired ending for Knoll + Ewan, written by @adalvar
  • It is now possible to save the game while in the Tower/Ruins
  • There’s a breakable wall in chapter 5x for a shortcut to the boss
11 Likes

Seems like the file is down, dropbox is sabotaging!

Ugh

Try this link then

4 Likes

If I could I’d give you a hug I would. Thank you so much for all your hard work and take as much time as you want resting, you’ve definetely earned it!