[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Didn’t Blood say that he was removing/reworking the Coast to make a gaiden chapter?

1 Like

He did, but Melkaen coast could still be a skirmish map after the gaiden chapter is done

1 Like

Wouldn’t that overboard on the RAM memory, which he already said, was running very thin?

1 Like

I just finished the entire Lagdou ruins and defeated the OP King.

Tbh, I always felt that the story of FE8 was very short and rushed. The writers probably did this to make space for better post-game content. Many adjustments for FE 8 was made to tweak it’s difficulty and make some custom changes but I think none have made a significant change in story.

But I guess Lagdou ruins is the real charm of sacred stones. :sweat_smile:
Getting ourselves wrecked by dragons in higher floors. What more difficulty would we need. :joy:

1 Like

That Demon King is nothing to what he previously was, really
Back on a previous patch before all the dragons were implamented Lagdou floor 10 had all Nechro Dragons, which all inflicted petrify on you on hit, not based on chance, Roy was even more broken than now because the champion class was TOO good (Which Kyle had for a while, making him also a powerhouse with Nihil, rally movement and Resolve)
Fomortiis had 40 on STR, magic and skill, and 37 def and res BEFORE getting boosted by his Demon Light which added +10 str and mag and +15 def and res. Oh the good old times where Fell weapons were even more important than they are now.
Also Cursed Orbs were called Grand Seals and gave +3 all stats instead of the current +2 Cursed Orbs bring.

Btw Hector had a functional Personal Skill because Reaver had Colossus instead of Resolve, which was Caellach’s personal skills. So RIP Hector

Hey @blood something just came up that is a fix to one of your concerns over skill scrolls not being able to be put on shops due to their price being the same, thought you’d be interested on this.

1 Like

Yeah, the thing that always made me sad about the Ruins was that not all Dragon tribes were shown…they were still missing Ice and Flying Dragons…and Summoners couldn’t actually use Summon, which kinda defeats the purpose of having the unit their in the first place over a regular Druid. I do think some of the Ruins floors would do well with a shift in enemy units.

Are there any sprites to that could be used to showcase Flying Dragons? I’m thinking the Wyverns used for the Wyvern Knights would be a nice fit if their size was increased a little bit…make them focused on high movement and crit-based damage like a swordmaster. Ice Dragons already have a nice model…maybe make them work like souped-up mage units?

Another patch also came out from the same user to make stat boosters also durability based, so that could also take out the issue of running out of item slots for stat boosters

1 Like

I think he said that with this change you can have up to 254 Stat booster items (which I’m guessing is the cap for durability based items?)

https://feuniverse.us/t/smes-asm-and-miscellany/4445

So i also found this, which seems to have a bunch of neat patches…it may have something of interest to this hack.

I hope you don’t mean Super Arena… That’s usually my money staple for postgame stat boosters

Additional shops maybe in case different price skill scrolls would be introduced (Anna shop or something like that)

Considering Anna will be a focus with the coming of skill scrolls She could also be a walking shop

Honestly i put up the idea of removing arenas alltogether, in favour of increasing gold gains from skirmishes and increasing EXP gains in campaign maps. Blood actually replied to me at the time, said he was gonna take a look at the arenas.

As for the rest, the magic sword rework seems like a nice idea, dunno if it’s already in effect.

I believe that has already been implemented, might be wrong though

PD: I’d say to buff S rank magic weapons while at it since their might is underwhelming compared to all other S rank weapons.

Also Mjolnir is currently the best S rank Anima tome, having a whopping 5 more Might than Forblaze, while also having a brave effect. Buffing Excalibur and Forblaze is probably a good idea

1 Like

See i always thought that most vanilla S-rank legendary weapons always lacked a proper effect…the only thing they come with is a Slayer effect and some high Might…like the Mulagir for example…it should have some crit attached to it for example.

Eh at this stage, we might aswell just wait for Blood’s (long overdue) update. xD

I would say Mulagir is actually fine, being one of the best Elibe S rank weapons and the best S rank bow too. I’d say all Elibe S rank weapons are better than Magvel S rank weapons (Armads and Garm having a tie, really) Excalibur is better than Forblaze, because +5 speed and only one less might is better than getting luck and +1 might

There’s also a hack that reworks the promo split screen, showing the bonusses you gain, class skills and new weapon proficiency…seems like a good QoL change to this particular hack, as you have 3 promotion branches.

Also the patch that adds extra status effects seems like a good one.

Is there any ETA on the update? xD

Revisited my Tier list and I’d like to say that Cormag would now be A tier (only for Wyvern Knight promo)
reasoning is the complete offense his kit gets. Wyvern rider brings death blow and then combined with all the offense Wyvern Knight has (luna. crit boost, lancefaire) is enough for Cormag to be A tier despite his personal skill (wonder what his new personal skill will be once skill scrolls come around)

Having said that, If Blood has already thought what the new personal skills for rallies will be I’d love to know which of them will be!

1 Like

Amazing hack it looks really good. Is there any chance to build a randomizer in the hack? I would love to play random playthroughts of this version

2 Likes

Small nitpick and probably subjective, but I really do not like the General skill, never being able to double (especially slow af monsters even Gilliam can manage against) really blows. Makes General suck for Amelia too unless you can swap it out

The next update will introduce skill scrolls which will allow you to swap out skills outside of personal or class skills.

That being said, that skill is core for the General class as they are the slowest class in the game, which means you will get doubled by almost everyone which will render your high defense null, especially considering the high might weapons you’ll come across later on. And don’t get me started on the magic units. Those will always double you and with General low RES that will mean death.

True that may make General less appealing to Amelia, but that’s why Halberdier exists… It fits her growths and skills to a T.