[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release - 27 Chapters, no fatigue, 100% growth now added - 5/22/2022)

Are you remembering to capture? You typically are given enough weapons throughout the game even if you don’t and never/rarely buy anything.

As far as fatigue goes, you get quite a few viable units, so just switch them up every now and then.

I haven’t been buying weapons and still have a decent 5-6k gold. Luckily I haven’t had to bench anyone yet for fatigue, I agree that the units provided like Germano and the return of Fuuma

1 Like

So for chapter 11, do you have a suggested choice to make? Im leading towards killing off the Bael.

1 Like

Either choice is fine. Killing the bael is faster, I guess.

How in the hell are any of you guys managing C16 without losing anyone?

1 Like

Make use of the forts for the right half of the map and take advantage of dragon weakness for the south.

So I just finished reading the LP of CT and im about to start SGW. gotta say im pretty excited and judging by the reviews ive read i’d say you’ve come a long way bro. congrats to you and all contributors in the making of this hack.

1 Like

Thank you! I hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

After all these years I come back and see what the hacking community has done whoie I was gone.

Congratulations on an achievement not many can say they have accomplished in this community!

And with the fact that hindsight is 20/20… I offer my sincerest apologies for things you might not remember.
I was one of your very harsh critics in Serenes of old. The posts might not be there… But I remember being a lot more mean than I needed to be.

I was a teenager and didn’t know any better. But I still offer my apologies regardless.

And to reemphasize… A big congratulations on the completion of your project!

2 Likes

Harsh criticism can sometimes be necessary for someone to put out their best.

2 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I don’t remember any of it lol you aren’t one of the people I ever really remember getting in tits-for-tats with, not that I wouldn’t say stuff that would cause me to deserve it, so it’s all good and don’t worry about it! If you’re ever play the hack and want to leave feedback, feel free to! And thank you for all the contributions you’ve made to the FE community as well!

so I just unlocked my first support but I cant seem to locate the affinity of the characters so I don’t know what benefits I’m receiving could you tell me where they are if possible, thank you.

Check the support room in the prep menu.

thanks

SGW V1.3 is now out at the usual link: Dropbox - SGW_Complete.zip - Simplify your life

The changelog is below:

V1.3:

• Fixed enemy only Champion class description
  • Moloch’s are now weak to monster slaying weapons
  • Tribesman now have mounted aid
  • Fixed bug where Dark Aura wasn’t working
  • Galeforce no longer negated by nihil
  • Fixed various typos
  • Fixed some tile issues with chapter 20
  • Fixed Yewfelle stat boosts
  • Added in some new classes/animations. Most are enemy only
  • Chapter 5 boss changed to one of the new classes and is no longer capturable
  • Added a commander to chapter 13. Reduced a different boss’s leadership by 1 to make up for that
  • Buffed the def and healing ability of ruin gate tiles for a certain knight NPC
  • Fuuma now promotes to the executioner class. It has the same stats as dread fighter, just different animations, and can use dark magic.
  • Pitfighters can now use bows and have a new animation
  • Arcanists have a new animation
  • Katherin no longer learns Swift stance at level 10, instead learning Lancecrusher, a new skill
  • Kenton was changed to no longer have death blow, have 3 PCC and 2 less base res, and -10% res growth to gain +10% luk and galeforce
  • Nicole was given +4 base HP and +3 base def along with her growth rates being slightly changed: -5% skl and luk +10 def
  • Chrysler was given +1 base speed, +2 base def, +4 base con, -10% con growth, +5% speed and def growth, lost Tri-adept as a skill, learns Wrath at level 12, and starts with Thunderstorm instead.

Some preview images can be seen below. Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you find any bugs or typos! This will likely be the last update of this kind as I’ve run out of space in the ROM for new graphics…

11 Likes

Boy, it sure sucks when devs insert their OC’s ahyUK HYUK HYUK

2 Likes

This hack definitely has seen changes since the last time I played it, a lot of them welcome. Creative project that does so many cool things (Capture, scrolls, easy supports, some of the classes/animations etc) but the basically getting no exp ever as well as no money ever really hurts replay value for me. I understand the intent to make a challenging experience but it feels too try hard.

That said good on it being completed and it does what it intends to do, even if I, keyword, don’t really care for it.

1 Like

You don’t really need money to complete the hack. Even without capture, it’s perfectly doable to beat the hack just with all the given weapons. As such, I never really wanted to give more money because there wasn’t really too much of a point to it. And even then, there’s still more money easily available to the player than in Thracia, which is something I originally didn’t want to do and only did so because play testers still wanted there to be more money available.

As far as exp goes, that’s the hardest thing to balance in any FE hack. I made it more strict because anytime exp becomes too easy to get, you just get units that completely steam roll the game, especially when scrolls are involved.

It was not so much of an intent to be try hard, but to prevent the hack from being too easy in my view. I do in some respects share your sentiments on exp. Some characters just can’t learn their final skills without investment in them to do so.

1 Like

To the best of my knowledge, Sun God’s Wrath now has its second LP, this time by Mekkah

It’s an honor to have Mekkah play this hack as his videos and various LPs he’s done through out the community played a role in helping me shape this hack. He’s mentioned specifically in the thank you message and credits for a reason. I look forward to any criticism that he has, good and bad, and hope he and others enjoy it!

As always, if anyone does an LP of Sun God’s Wrath, as Cornchip and Mekkah have, I am always happy to share it, so feel free to let me know if you do!

9 Likes

My apologies for the double post, but this is important of enough an issue that I believe warrants this.

RandomWizard recently pointed out that he made mugs that showed up in this hack. While I credit him for music he made that is used in the hack, he was not mentioned in the mug section of the credits. This has now been fixed and I sincerely apologize for leaving him out. While the credits for this hack should probably be more organized, it doesn’t change the fact that an intent of this hack was to use as much as I could from this community as I could and as such people should be properly credited where credit is do.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the mistake and ask that if anyone else feels they are not appropriately credited for their work in this hack, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will update the credits file as appropriate.

8 Likes