[FE8] [COMPLETE] Sacred Light of Promise - Rewrite, Rebalance, & Reimagination!

Okay so, now I’m even more confused. What’s your patch vs the other 2 in the main post? lol this project just keeps getting weirder and weirder

we, team promise, are sorry you didnt enjoy your time with our super rebalance.
if its any consolation, we, team promise, immediately dissolved and fell apart after releasing this. so you will not have to look out for any more hacks by our team

18 Likes

the recycle bin suggests that it will, in fact, be recycled

in other words, the sacred light of promise is eternal

11 Likes

we all extend our apologies to you, feu user Black_Mage_Yuri. we hope one day you might forgive us.

10 Likes

Updated the ATHATH-patch again:

  • Added the anima triangle!
  • Fixed some bugs in Ephraim ch. 14, including one that prevented the primary gimmick of the chapter from working.
  • Reworked Ewan.
  • Buffed Natasha.
  • Fixed the shadowkiller.
  • Fixed some oversights related to Rennac.
  • Buffed Rennac.
  • Added 7743’s triangle attack fix patch.
  • Fixed an oversight related to Kyle.
  • Fixed an oversight related to James.
  • Fixed an oversight related to Beran.
  • Buffed Beran.
  • Nerfed boss kill exp gain.
1 Like

My fan-patch is an unofficial fan-update for the main patch that fixes several bugs/oversights, restores content that was cut for time reasons, rebalances and reworks some overtuned/undertuned characters, adds some new content, and adds some convenience features. It’s compatible with existing Sacred Light of Promise saves!

Its creation was initially motivated by Fringus putting a bounty on my head, but I’ve been updating it as I notice things in my casual playthrough of Sacred Light of Promise, hence the rapid stream of updates.

the chests are actually a reward for promoting colm to rogue early

3 Likes

truth nuke

So just gotta ask. How much of this is like a real rebalance of FE8 and how much is more of a meme joke thing? Im gonna play it either way just wanna know what to expect so im not annoyed lol. Im a little sad theres currently no secrets or recruitment guide but it is what it is.

1 Like

its a lot more playable after the two recent updates, please take it out of the recycle bin and try it again, it will be worth your time i promise.

3 Likes

it’s a real Rewrite, Rebalance, Reimagination, so much so that you can really play it

1 Like

Well im downloading it now so im pretty excited to try it. Im curious is there a timeline for the guides yet? Im mostly just worried about missing recruitments. The secrets i can do on my second run i just wanna make sure i give the game a fair shake and i tend to believe that recruitment at least helps with that in terms of balance

my fan-patch (linked above) has talk indicators, which should let you get most secrets on your first go

in other news, I beat the hack

Victory (spoilers)


3 Likes

So I’m watching a friend play and we got to chapter 13 of erika’s route where Pablo seems to have left our army and is now an enemy. Will he rejoin at the end of the map, and also will he rejoin even if he dies during the map?

1 Like

no and no

also he takes his inventory with him

your mistake for trusting pablo tbh

3 Likes

i have a question what is the check suppose to be in C12 erika route

1 Like
Answer

If Eirika and Ephraim talk to each other in ch. 8, Kyle will reappear and rejoin the party. This is what the Kyle check checks for.

what?

in response to everyone who replied to me
@Olivia
@Fringus
@ArcherBias
@Marik
And this will come across potentially as harsh, but I genuinely am very unimpressed with your incredibly misleading initial post (as i do not read an entire thread to avoid learning about potential spoilers, changes, etc.) So i was banking on how you described your hack in your initial post. As such i genuinely think you deserve the criticism. Glad others enjoy it. I am not against it existing. I am against being severely mislead by a post not representing the actual game you described and wasting my time.

My response is simply no. you lost any good will you had with me by presented this as something it was not.
I checked turnwheel to see how it worked, and it just made me restart the entire prologue.
I dont know why you thought it would be “funny” to have seth have a DIE command at all. let alone at the top of the menu, where obvious miss click would happen. i checked the command in prologue and it was just stupid which lead to be check turn wheel as i noticed turn wheel first. then noticed seths “die” command. X, lead to Y and was a stupid waste of my time.

I dont know why you ever changed the colors of the enemy units sept to better differentiate them from player units. this is insanely ignorant to color blind people. And this current color scheme is bad for non color blind rn. Least give some color blind people a little something.
Having a 6 use brave steel sword on seth is just dumb and another waste of my time. i dont even want to bother getting farther and seeing if this is how they all are. cause its just a stupid change.
10 move gilliam is just stupid.
Sword with infinite uses on franz is just stupid and genuinely goes against a core fundamental aspect of FE8 which is resource management.
There is no clear ability to check growth rates, a simple quality of life improvement especially if you are… and I quote here;

" it’s a real Rewrite, Rebalance, Reimagination, so much so that you can really play it"

I already assume “any” update you are pushing me to check is another troll. Again, you burnt that bridge already with your bad will nor will i fall for it twice, nice try. im not that stupid.

Your initial post read that it would “refine everything that we’ve both once loved and learnt to appreciate on our time hacking this game”.

You stated and I quote;

"Overall, you can expect this to have quite a more bite than usual FE8, with maps both big and small getting minute and major changes. All hopefully still having that same feel, but greatly improved where they missteped. With the same amount going towards keeping a faithfulness to the original writing, while breathing new life into the underexplored aspects of the game.

We all hope you’ll enjoy playing our rebalance as we loved making it."

I expected maybe a slightly more difficult FE8 possibly, that was expanded upon as you mentioned changes to maps, both big and small. not some lazy troll designed to purposely waste someone’s time that expected an entirely different experience than what is provided and hinted at by a SEVERELY misleading post.

I am glad there are people that enjoy it. I am not against it existing. I am however against severely misleading people into something without them being able to make a proper informed decision. My time in life is limited, I do not want it to be wasted being “trolled” by a even more hacky team than the rom hack itself. Good day

10 Likes