[FE8] [COMPLETE] Host of the Dark 2.5 (25 main chapters, 4 gaidens) + 0%, Fixed, and Casual modes!

I understand that assessment, in my playtesting I was able to make my way up to Marrow before the time limit without the use of rescue dropping but I can see how the time limit could be overbearing due to any number of reasons whether it be having trouble recruiting Tobias in a timely manner or the strong enemies slowing you down.

It is important to not though that based on your previous comment it’s fairly likely that you’re playing an older patch, the current patch of HotD has that map as a kill boss objective and has a time limit of twelve turns.

2 Likes

I played it some time ago, yeah.

Just assume if you manage to do something just in time, people that don’t know the map by heart will take more time.

3 Likes

I really hope this is still being made. Looks interesting.

1 Like

hello! Yes this is still actively being developed, you can expect the next patch to be added sometime in October!

1 Like

Then I look forward to seeing what you have created.

1 Like

In Chapter 8 both Sagiita and Fidem kept resetting I could promote them but upon resetting and loading the file it undid everything promotion weapons all of that was gone don’t know if that was intended or not.

1 Like

Hello! I apologize for the bug, I haven’t noticed this problem before but I believe I know how to solve it so it will likely be fixed by next patch.

2 Likes

Host of the Dark has been updated! There are a few new chapters an numerous bug fixes!

Big thanks to @Epholo8 for doing this year’s Host of the Dark FEE3 presentation!

9 Likes

How far along is this hack to completion? It looks interesting even if i just wanna play as atom lol

1 Like

As said in the title it has 20 chapters total
In terms of how relatively far along this is you could consider to the latest chapter added to be heading towards the late game. I don’t exactly know how many chapters there will be but I estimate around 25-28

I do hope you enjoy the hack if you choose to play it at this time!

1 Like

I have updated the Dropbox link to include a save that skips straight to part 2 primarily for those who may have already played part 1 and want the more difficult part of the game.
This is not recommended for first time players as it will make the story a lesser experience.

2 Likes

New patch has been released! Please be sure to update to the new patch some big changes were made!

hey quick hotfix please redownload the patch as chapter 8 was completely broken for some reason.

hey uh funny story…
another gamebreaking bug has been created from my previous solution to the last bug…
please redownload the patch again (I hope for the last time)

6 Likes

Don’t post so many times in succession. Please edit your post when you need to update.

Your posts have been merged.

1 Like

Sorry about that I was in a bit of a rush to fix the bugs so I didn’t exactly think to edit the posts… will hopefully remember for next time

1 Like

Hey thought I should give a quick progress update since it’s been just under two months since the last patch.

Currently I’m debating whether or not to release the next patch with just one new chapter since it’s been quite a bit of time since the last patch and there have been quite a few changes since then.

I won’t lie and say that it hasn’t been harder and harder to get patches out the further in I get into the project due to a mix of having too many ideas floating in my head for future projects and a lack of recent feedback but progress has been picking back up recently after taking a much needed Engage break.

Also Sal’s arc is finally going to reach a point where an end is in site so get excited for that.

So basically expect a new patch within the month and give some feedback if it all possible it’s truly appreciated.

5 Likes

Host of the Dark has been updated!

Please check the OP for details, I look forward to any feedback provided!

As a side note it’s nice to finally have the download count of the current link overtake the original patch downloads

4 Likes

Fidem’s level capacity exceeds level 20

Oh is that so? I’ll have to look into that, thanks for the information!

just updated the patch fixing Fidem’s boosted level cap and raising Valorie’s as well.
I also implemented FE9 style supports, meaning that supports gain by map and not by turn.

2 Likes

Happy second year Host of the Dark anniversary everyone! Unfortunately, I don’t have the 1.0 release ready just yet but for now have the 0.9 release! Some big changes were made and HotD is looking like a finished product now! I hope everyone enjoys!

8 Likes