[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

So I’m still new here and my only reasons making account is to say thank you for this amazing game, your game is the first fire emblem romhack i play because i usually play pokémon romhack

Thank you for this amazing romhack, the story is pretty good and better than recent three house in my opinion, both the story ending and epilogue chapters also designed to hook people curiosity. I don’t know are you planning sequel or not but what i know is this game is amazing and thank you for giving me a fun experience to play a game.

once again thank you for it

Update: I’ve replayed through 4-6 twice now. Lori still disappears after I complete the chapter. Was there some death flag earlier in the game that prevents her from joining?
She’s grayed out in the support viewer when I check to see who Zuzana and Timmonen can support, like I haven’t recruited her yet or something.

Edit: I still cleared endgame in one turn. Rescue + Warp + Power Ring + Brave Axe Waluyo did it without any Secret Shop statboosters. He did have to hit four consecutive 75% hit rates and faced like a 5% crit chance, so it took a couple of tries. Lori didn’t get an endcard. Then Endgame-X was also pretty easy, although to be fair I had given a couple of levels to Tien, Otilie, and Gunnar beforehand. Overall a great story, the twist flashback right before 4-E got me, and now I’m kind of bummed there’s no sequel.

There’s actually a sequel unfortunately though it was cancelled. I think the reason for the cancellation is either it is rushed or Pandan Burned out. Although correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

kinda spoilers not really

first time posting on the site, so i’m not sure if i’m posting this in the right spot haha

not sure if this is an intended feature, but after murdering all the dudes on map 1-7, I didn’t get the chance to wait on the specific tiles near the end, it just booted up the next story dialogue and thus missing the map/dialogue between 1-7 and 1-8 (i think its called 1-7x?). I was really confused when I missed a couple characters on the recruitment list, and I’m 99.99% sure it’s because I didn’t step on the end tile at 1-7.

anyways I was just curious if this was the case, or if I’m just misreading / misunderstanding the recruit list
the character in question starts with “o” and ends with “e” btw
(ps loving the game so far!!)

Can’t seem to get the s-rank staff Gezond from 4-2. Made sure to visit the house and save all green units. Haven’t lost any friendlies and even tried having the general enter the castle last. Still only getting a talisman or a light rune when 1 green unit dies. Any ideas what the problem is?

Welcome to FEUniverse!

You need to have anyone wait on those specific tiles in order to unlock the sidequest, 1-7x, which does, indeed, include recruiting a character whose name begins with an O and ends with an E. In fact, I think there are two other characters you missed as well because of this. Note that 1-7’s win condition is to defeat both bosses, so you need at least one boss alive to be able to step on those tiles. Always try to be aware of what the chapter victory conditions are, so you can make sure you’re able to do everything you want to do in the chapter before you clear it.

Also, since you’re evidently okay with checking out the recruitment list, you could consider checking out the gaiden requirements listed in the first post of this thread (under Resources)

By the way, I was initially confused by your post, since there is actually another character (who you can recruit in a later chapter shortly afterwards) whose name also begins with O and ends with E, before I realized you were referring to someone else.

This is one of my favorites hacks, i really love it from the 1 chapter to the last boss, so thank you, for all the hard work.

Thanks for the reply, it was super helpful! I ended up playing back from chapter 1 because I saved over my file TAT. But it was totally worth it, the maps n characters were so fun!

I’m experiencing the same bug. All green units saved, entered the castle, and all I get is a Talisman. Was there an update that messed this up?

I know there’s already a billion replies about the 1-3 freeze, but I’m still getting it on both mGBA and VBA no matter how/when I skip, so I have to ask if there are any other potential methods that might help?

you can remove that particular end event altogether in FEbuilder and just have it direct you immediately to the next chapter if need be.

1 Like

Hey made an account to say this. Really loving the game so far. Just realized the shop music is my favorite track from Wind Waker and I thought that was funny. Great job on the game

1 Like

Also not sure if you guys are still making changes, but pretty sure I found a typo in the opening dialogue in chapter 4-5. “Firet and foremost”
Cheers

Another one on the outro for the same level. “Any you just stood there and watched”

I just finished it today man this was a good like I really enjoyed Storch and Titus characters and that twist at the end so good

2 Likes

This is a bug with the original v3 patch that sometimes occurs when you complete 4-6 with full recruitment. The thread download has been updated with a fixed patch as of November '22, but the thread title has yet to reflect this.

Pushwall — 26/10/2022 16:05
it’s a weird side effect of 4-6’s scripting that i have no idea why it works this way, but in the end it’s supposed to force lori to join if she’s still a green unit, but for whatever reason fe8’s spaghetti code creates an additional dummy character that lasts for maybe a split second right before turning lori blue
but it doesn’t always do this

If you have a savestate from before ending 4-6, then fixing it is easy: make a suspend save before ending the chapter, patch over the ROM with the new version, and then complete the chapter normally.
This will break the total turn count in the ending records, but literally who cares?

If you’re stuck in 4-E preps, then uhhh… it’s complicated.

Pushwall Today at 20:57
from febuilder though, you could uhhh expand the enemy starting formation in 4-E by 1 space, copy paste lori’s data from 4-6 into the new unit slot, and make her blue
that should cause her to get dumped into your preps party

Hope you like dicking around in builder lmao

In all honesty, if you’re already at 4-E, you’re probably better off just finishing the game then and there. It’s not like you need Lori to do the 1-turn clear anyway.

I’m not 100% sure about this, but I think it’s possible to block the green units from spawning if you stand in the tiles in the top-right corner where they’re normally supposed to appear. As a result, they don’t count as saved because they never spawned in the first place.

The reason I’m not quite sure about this is because it’s a bit difficult to do by accident; you’d have to manually move the green units from their spawn and move your own unit there.

If you really want to put Gezond in your inventory after the fact, you could try one of those Codebreaker codes that puts specific weapons in your inventory. You’d have to go into FEBuilder and look up the weapon ID and a couple other things in order for that to work, though.

I am pretty sure I did not move any green units, but it’s still possible I triggered this by accident, if there is any turn where a spawn tile is unoccupied at the start of Player Phase (maybe at the start of the battle or if there is any pause in the spawns). I deployed a few prepromotes that I normally don’t use to stay near the starting location just in case any reinforcements show up (because this game is definitely evil enough to do that), so it’s entirely possible that I unknowingly sent somebody to sit on the spawn spot.

In any case, I have long since cleared the game without the Gezond, so it’s all good. Thanks for the reply though!

I have just finished my first complete run of vision quest and man was it good.

Great story, beautiful designs and portraits, good mechanics, nice music, all in all an absolute beast of a rom hack.

By the end, I was really keen on defeating the black mages that was the core antagonist of the story, but sadly I’ve heard that the sequel has been dropped.

If the sequel will ever be released someday, I will surely be one of many who will play it. Nonetheless, I will be hoping for the best! Thank you so much for this rom hack.

7 Likes

Welcome to the community

1 Like