[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

I don’t remember how many, but you should be able to get more than enough as long as you pay attention to enemies.

Eventually there is a shop that sells them, too IIRC

OH MY GOD! PANDAN I JUT FINISHED VQ. AND THAT ENDING!!! fantastic hack one of the greatest of all time in my opinion. The story you and your team created and then that ending. I had a feeling early on that it would happen.
well done and I’m sad that the sequel has been abandoned, but I understand. I’m in the endgame now. Fantastic work! :heart:

4 Likes

I paired Kasuma and Storch together. I’m glad that he was able to have a happy life

2 Likes

Thanks for playing, glad you like how it ended

2 Likes

Since the sequel has been cancelled, would you mind telling me what Gunnar would have done with the Dark Blade?

Didn’t get that far lol

Spoiler considerations

Would’ve probably done something where Horvath takes the blade and uses it to release Ove, which is something I cover more in depth in the LoT thread where I announce cancelation.

1 Like

Ah interesting :slightly_smiling_face: thanks for telling me. I wish I could wipe my memory and experience the story again without knowing everything. Thanks PANDAN!

Question what happened to Marley and his wife was he able to get her back?

Because the ending is a bit unexpected regarding that but overall this is a great hack 10/10.

Who is Marley? This def sounds like a plot point I would write though.

1 Like

Isn’t he Storch’ s little brother or did I pronounce the name wrong?

His name is Marlen.

Oh I see thank you for correcting me.

Let me rephrase my question, what happened to Marlen and his wife was he able to get her back? If you’re confused they have a paired ending together.
Sorry I forgot his wife’s name.

Oh, Marlen wasn’t that one who got married, it was their big brother. I think his name was August or something like that.

No there in the epilogue they have a paired ending together not august his dead, I’m talking about when you have A support with Marlen and Lera.
(I finally frickin remember her name)

Oh, I didn’t know Marlen and Lera had a paired ending.

They do but don’t worry I already explained to him.

I’ll admit I went hard into this game sometime in the early fall and I got to about ch32 before putting it down and not coming back. I’m hoping I can try and pick it back up, either as a new game or just where I left off.
If I’m being honest this might be one of the cleanest hacks out there right now. The story is really good and I mostly know how things end though I have not peeked at any paired endings or all of the supports. As someone who likes to do spriting, I really adore some of these designs, both visually and in terms of character. Everyone looks really professional and executed really well, and I like the variation.

Some characters that I ended up using to a great degree were Vagelis, Helga, and Zoya. Characters that I just personally liked were Osane, Freyja, and Otilie, even if they are not always the most optimal choices. Some people say Osane can fall off but she outgrew any other mage character I recruited. Freyja is admittedly paper-thin and her STR could be better but I just like her in general. Otilie I think is the best Rogue/thief, and that having two rogues on most maps can be SUCH a quality of life that comes at the cost of some unit-killers. If I do re-start the game I might consider investing into Maelle. In my current run Dewi (another fav) was already thriving so I did not see the need to level a troubadour at such a late point, but I like her design and color pallet. Bosco is another unit I would love to try growing up too.

But yeah, I tend to be a chronic procrastinator and I always put games down in the final hour. Call it a fatal flaw. I’ll get back to it all eventually. In the meantime, be really proud of what you have made. I meant it when I said this is one of the best fangames I’ve seen so far.

4 Likes

Figured you might find it neat that someone made this fellow Pan. ~Hack~ Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (Game Boy Advance) - RetroAchievements

3 Likes