[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

Is it deliberate that Waluyo can’t traverse rivers?

The best part of Vision Quest is chapter 4-3,

Where it is revealed that...

it all takes place in Trec’s dream

Vision Quest is an Elibe hack

Hi. I’m sorry for not choosing Normal, I’m stuck on Easy at the moment. On chapter 3, there this powerfyk weapon in Armory shop, but don’t have much money but 2500. How do I get it? Thanks in advance. ^^

You don’t.

Seriously? Curious, why it there?

For memes

Because the modder/s thought it would be neat. Same reason the Project Ember mod of FE6 gives Hugh a useless E rank in Dark magic.

Aww that is funnily cool xD

1 Like

Ohh I see. ^^ thanks for the info guys now I can continue it. Just wasn’t sure and to make sure I didn’t miss anything. ^^

It’ll make sense later in the game.

Oh ok, I’m excited to continue the game for that too haha. ^^

Wally’s class is very strange. His movement data doesn’t like up with other Forrest Knights’ and his animations are unfinished. If I were to hazard a guess I’d say it wasn’t intentional.

Yeah I don’t think I ever bothered editing Waluyo’s movement data, or at least didn’t use the same data as the forrest knight, so it’s an oversight.

I’m currently at Chapter 2-1x, so I wanna give some input on the characters.

Unit opinions

Who I’m not using so far:
Gunnar: Already have a merc lord basically.
Onisim: He was ok, but Osane and Dewi were outmatching him in power. Kind of regret not giving him a chance considering how much everyone is praising him though.
Ruslan: I have Helga.
Arckady: He just didn’t deliver.
Lajos: didn’t need him.
Bosco: He seems fine…I like Zoya though
Duck: rather not.
Hollace: Kinda wanted to slot him in, but it wasn’t working.
Larisa: Same as Hollace. I like Armor Knights in this game, but their defense seems to not matter much most of the time.

Undecided units:

Marlen: He’s not bad, but his speed is so bad for me. He can’t double units. He’s decently tanky which is nice.
Natsuko: Her offense is fine. She’s lv 16 with 4 DEF. She has a higher growth than Freyja mind you.
Freyja: Speaking of. I like her, just got her, but that 10% DEF growth…It’s a lot to ignore. I’m not sure how much better her Con gets when she promotes. I’m not entirely opposed despite all the red flags, but I’ll see.
Sri: Admittedly, I don’t think I gave him enough love. That being said, for a speed character, he’s failing to double units.
Lera: I promoted her first because she was making great headway, but shes starting to slow down a bit.
Honeydew: She’s cute, I like that she’s a skill/speed merc, and I even gave her the Kaya I stole in the earlier chapter. Not sure if that was a mistake as she’s still not gaining the STR I think she needs.
Nazar: I benched him for the last few chapters of part 1, might need to bust him back out if Freyja and Honeydew prove to not measure up.
Tien: Probably gonna use him. He looks ok, but I want to promote him so I can get some staves.
Dewi: I’m biased towards troubadours and valkyries, so I like her. A little bit scared her MAG and DEF won’t carry her through.

Sarka: Shes in line to replace Marlen if need be.

Characters that I’m sold on-
Storch and Titus: I mean they’re required. I think I have no choice but to give any speedwings I find to Titus.
Helga: Amazing. No complaints.
Osane: Love the staff mage idea. I hear shes a bit of a mixed bag but for me, she’s very fast and very strong. I drop her a skill tome once and a while to help her keep up with that. Mostly there for healing but she makes a single thunder tome work wonders. I was gonna have her and Lera at the same time but she’s kinda beating Lera a bit rn…
Vagelis: Again, love the bow fighter class that goes into warrior. He’s fast, accurate, and hits like a truck.
Zoya: Great base stats, she probably would have been a better choice for the Kaya. Oh well. Shes doing pretty good and I need a spear unit.
Otillie: My friend benched her immediately because he had Esfir. I thought she was cute and I gave her some levels. She gains a good amount of STR over Esfir, and shes SO fast. She can walk over hills and lakes for free too, which is fun.
Esfir: Maybe I’m crazy but having two thieves/rogues on a map gives SO much QoL. I use her to soften some targets up while she dodge tanks.

I think having only one real bow user rn is gonna be an issue. I might give some “bad” units more time of day and promote them if I have the spare seals, but I’ll see.
If anyone else has some input on characters I’d love to hear it. The ones I benched I think might be too far behind to catch up (Onisim…) but its not too late for some others. I’m still thinking of making Freyja work but I’ll see how long her paper skin holds out.

What’s this event flag in 4-1x about?

Screenshot 2021-12-01 132437

get them to a support and find out

3 Likes

Who would even think of doing that without prior knowledge, though?

Well I’m telling you now. (Incidentally, since you’re already digging in builder, I’m sure you’ve noticed that this event is in every Part 4 map, not just 4-1x)

Yes who could possibly think to get support ranks

5 Likes

I mean, you’re not supposed to have prior knowledge.

The change is purely cosmetic and has no bearing on gameplay other than the standard support bonuses.

This event specifically is a check to see if they have the A Support to execute the visual change.

Scraiza was kind enough to set this up to help enhance the support chain - the direction it took was inspired by their interpretation of Stina & Bulan’s first talk in part 3.

10 Likes