[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

Gradin vs Gradin. Damn i hate mirrors match.
Vision%20Quest%20Part%20II%20030219-1

2 Likes

Mirror match is also fixed. But perhaps it’s an allegory that the true enemy is… the player? Play more to find out.

Thanks for the bug reports!

In other news, laptop is back and in the process of playing catch up. Hoping to get back up to pace soon.

5 Likes

Hey all - want to share that I’m caught up to where I was before my laptop broke, and made a few additional updates and changes as well. Here’s a snapshot of what to expect.

• 1-7 and 1-10 are both completely remastered, few others have been reworked to improve flow.
  • New characters added to Part I, as well as updated art
  • Ruslan and Vagelis had their bases/growths reworked so that they are more competitive
  • Lots of re-writes and edits to glitchy text (ty Alusq for the feedback)
  • New animations, notably Der’s archers and SALVAGED knight and paladin!

Big thank you as always to the art and playtest teams that have done a lot of heavy lifting to help make the game better.

Stay tuned for news on a release, coming soon.

8 Likes

Woo! Congrats on getting back where you left off!

2 Likes

Quick update here - the team’s made incredible progress and we are getting close to the v.06 release. Gameplay/maps are ready to go and writing was edited to a point I’m satisfied with for now. Going to try and finish as much of the art as possible and will aim to release Part III at FEE3 (whenever it is announced). Not too many portraits left that need to be redone.

Stay tuned!

12 Likes

Hey all,

Been a while since I shared anything here - want to share a quick update on what’s to come for FEE3 this year.

• v06 demo with 23 chapters, ending at 3-E
  • Release of .s files for all music in the game (will be made available in the music repo as well)

Currently working through some final tweaks ahead of the show for in November. Feeling good about where we are at and the updates. Stoked to get this out to everyone.

Until then, stay tuned.

15 Likes

Quick update - FEE3 is around the corner and we are almost demo ready.

Want to share some new screenshots as well to show off updates across the board.

Big thank you to Laurent_Lacroix, Levin, Melia, DerTheVaporeon, NickT, and Blaze for the mugs you see below. The custom MMB was made by Scraiza (original by Zane). Shoutout to Xenith for showing me how to make map palettes.Credits are updated in the first post.

gradin emulator-0 emulator-1 emulator-2 emulator-3 emulator-4 emulator-5 emulator-7 emulator-8 emulator-9 emulator-10 emulator-11 emulator-12 emulator-13 emulator-14 emulator-15 emulator-16 gradin

13 Likes

Kir looking real good in that screen shot, Dan. Can’t even hit an enemy priest

1 Like

Gotta set the right expectations.

2 Likes

Man, we knew so little about the scope of this threat that the guy had to say it twice :wink:

Also nice minimug bog mod! I remember a stream where you complained about that a bit

1 Like

Ha, left the mistake there just so you’d try to fathom the scope of this threat

Yeah man, sometimes the MMB is too big or doesn’t have all the info I want. Been playtesting with this version and it’s super convenient.

3 Likes

If you like, please make custom MMB public.
I want to add this style as a Vision Quest Style to the FEBuilderGBA Patch.
I want various people to be able to easily use various types of MMB.

5 Likes

Sure, please credit @Scraiza. I asked him as he made it, and he is happy to release it for public use.

I’ll send you the .zip on discord. There will be two - a version with inventory and a version without inventory.

He did make edits to the stat labels to help fit everything, but as long as you account for that it should work.

4 Likes

Thank you for sending the code with discord.
FEBuilderGBA supported it.

I also created the FE8J version.
Clipboard02

8 Likes

Awesome! It’s definitely made doing battle calcs easier for me in playtesting. Hope it can help some others as well with their projects.

2 Likes

Hey all,

Put this together and am excited to share the soundtrack! Midis were edited by myself, Scraiza, and A_Reliable_Chair. I sent the link to Chair, and it should also be added to the repo. These are all free to use in your projects.

You can download the .zip file here (43 songs!)

14 Likes

Hello references, looking fine and fancy

3 Likes

Hey all - Major milestone I’d like to share. All of the playable characters (now 50) have mugs! This is a huge deal considering the humble origins using vanilla FE8 portraits in the first 12 chapter demo. It’s been fun working with the art team and I’m consistently amazed with their work and support.

Almost all the villains are done as well, but there are a few that need some tweaks. There is some additional polish needed, but I want to update the public patch anyway since the gameplay has evolved quite a bit from the March release.

Regardless, we should be able to release the new patch (23 chapters + 2 gaidens) very soon. Keep an eye out and I’ll update the link in the first post.

15 Likes

Okay did anyone see how he did it

Nice going, though!

3 Likes

Rats. So what you’re saying is that it’s too late for Beta Brian to make the cut? Just got permission from Ken to use him

(Congrats on the big news though, very good stuff!)

8 Likes