[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: The Phantom King

appears to be the new version here

As Relic said: the current version is available in the opening post.

Thank you.

The time has arrived!!!

Today I am releasing a complete version of The Phantom king. The hack is now playable from beginning to end (25 chapters long).

Here is the link:

Have fun and have a nice day!

12 Likes

This looks suuuuper well done! Congrats on release! I’ll definitely be playing this. Quick question about difficulty. Since normal is the only one playtested, how much different is it from vanilla normal?

Forgive my ignorance but, when you say “all stats cap at 20” do you mean all unpromoted classes stats cap at 20 or you mean ALL classes despite being promoted cap at 20?

Difficulty isn’t that high. I would say it’s roughly on par with vanilla normal.

Yes, I meant all classes. Promoted or unpromoted.

Gotcha, thanks for the reply. Do you plan on playtesting Hard mode at all sometime in the future?

I Know this question is stupid but why do you not make the soldier class promote to either Halberdier or Dragoon?

Yes, defenitely! I will keep working on the project to improve it. Things like hard mode and support convos will be added in the future.

That’s actually a pretty good question. I guess I was just trying to reserve space in the rom for other things. I just took two classes that were already in the game and made the soldier promote into them. That and I liked the idea of the soldier having the option of choosing between different mounted promotions.

how do I patch this file? i’m used to files like ups

Dang, this looks like an amazing hack. I love that attention to detail with the banners and 61 different houses, I have to applaud you because I would lose track of 10 let alone 61 not to mention the tons of family trees and all that it just blows my mind how much work and attention to detail that way. Amazing job man and I’ll play the hack whenever I get the chance.

1 Like

It’s a zip. Remove the (NEW) at the end of it, then unzip it, and in the extracted folder is the ups patch.

2 Likes

thanks epicer

Quick thing I noticed - trying to change the window color crashes the game.

Thanks for reporting this! At the moment I’m not sure what causes it to happen. I will make a mention of this in the OP.

Congrats for the full release ! I will be sure to check the project, even though it’s mostly cosmetic, I like a lot the usage of Heraldry in the romhack :smile:

3 Likes

Will this be your final update?

I will keep putting out updates when needed.

2 Likes

Hey buddy, gotta commend you on the amazing looking sprities, sprite blends or recolours always look super off and i can almost never take the characters seriously because im thinking about where the sprite actually came from, but these portraits look super well made and i cant really tell where most of them are from, so congrats on that, ill let you know what i think of the story once i get further in, but looking forward to this new rom

2 Likes