[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: The Phantom King

For some reason my game freezes on chapter 2-leonard
It asks me to put Vanessa close to Ross and them freezes.

Are you perhaps playing on easy mode? If yes, then that is probably the issue. I haven’t touched easy mode at all so it does not work properly. I’m very sorry. I’m still working on the final version of the hack and I will see if I can make easy mode playable as well. I’m very close to releasing the final update. (I know I said that a year ago as well. :sweat:)

1 Like

Probably yes, but no prob, I can just restart.

I just had the same issue which was mentioned before, after chapter 16, chapter 18 starts.
Also, after chapter 16 the auto promotion for Kathleen came up, which actually downgraded her from level 10 to 1 :wink:

Yeah, one of the many things that will be fixed in the final update. I’m trying my best to have this final update ready by the 15th of this month, which is the hack’s 2nd anniversary. :tada:

6 Likes

Well well, here we are.

Fire Emblem: The Phantom King, was released today exactly 2 years ago. Time flies.
Today I release the last major update for this hack. It includes:

• Supports
    Don’t expect too much of it. I really hated writing these. That is why characters only have 1 or 2 support partners.

• Hard mode
    Should be working right now. (Easy mode as well)

• QoL changes
    The hack now uses the skillsystem patch and the QoL stuff that comes with it.

• In-game lore book
    After completing the prologue you can select ‘Lore’ on the map menu.

• Fewer typos
    I dragged the whole script through a spelling check.

• Some worldbuilding stuff.
    I changed around some names of houses, characters and places so that my other projects don’t contradict each other.

• Bugs
    I made a huge list of all the bugs and things that you guys found and I tried to fix all of them.
    Huge thanks to every single one of you for reporting these. :heart_hands:

The new version can be found in the opening post.

So yeah…this is it. Unless a game breaking bug comes up, I won’t be releasing any more updates for this hack.
It feels good to finally be able to move on from this project. I’m going to be honest here, I’m just absolutely done with it. :smiling_face_with_tear: It’s not that I don’t like it anymore or anything, it’s just that there are a lot of things that I wish I had done differently from the beginning with this hack. I have to admit that the project was way too ambitious for a beginner like me. But hey, somehow I still managed to finish it!

A big thank you, to all the people who took the time to play ‘The Phantom King’. :heartbeat:
Your thoughts and opinions have helped me immensely!

Oh! Also, now that I have your attention.
It’s time to advertise my newly released [Complete] project called: FE ‘Crowns and Thrones’.
Go check it out if you have the time. :grin:

Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a wonderful day! :sparkles:

14 Likes

Congratulations on the release! This was such a great hack first time around, I have been looking forward to this post / the update for over a year now. Can’t wait to play through it again.

1 Like

I remember playing this and dropping it at a certain point, unsure why but I’m down to give it another go for the final send off.

1 Like

Just finished this hack (not the latest version).
I had a lot of fun with this, highly recommend to give it a try.
Obviously, it was hard to follow all the character relations, there were just too many of them.
You have to study the charts if you want to have a deep dive on this.
Difficulty is an issue, the beginning and middle parts were fine, at the end it was just too easy.
But I think it depends on the way how you deal with reinforcements. If you ignore them, and just finish the levels, ofcourse it will be more difficult, but if you slay everyone until the last guy, you gain so much exp, your units will be over-powered.
At the end I had a huge army of promoted units, great knights, paladins, rangers…

Other things worth to mention:

• best item: Telescope!
  • best armor: Plot armor! :wink:
  • best unit: Baroness Hannah.
  • wrongest word: ofcourse ofcourse!

Little disappointed how Kath turned out, look at that Res value…

Again, thanks a lot for this wonderful hack, and all the time and effort you put into this!
Now onto Crowns & Thrones!

2 Likes

Thanks for playing!
Good to hear that you enjoyed it. But eh…your kathleen. Is she actually holding the plot armor!? :flushed: Did you manage to steal it somehow? That’s funny and definitely not as intended. :rofl:

Yes, you can steal it from Clarice.

1 Like

Fantastic history and plot !!! I’m hope for Phantom King Part 2 !!!

1 Like

This Hack Look Interesting will try it out when I have time

1 Like

how many chapters do this hack have?

1 Like

If I remember correctly, it has a prologue, 24 chapters and an endgame chapter.

1 Like

thanks

Correct! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Dived into this today. ENjoying it so far. I love the two armies theme!! I like both lords. I am very sad you hate supports as it’s my favorite thing about FE games and it sucks it’s such a large crew and barely any to go around. Nonetheless, the story has been enough to invest me so far!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this Recruitment guide!

2 Likes

what kind of name is Victor ap Llywelyn? :joy:

Ain’t she the cutest thing I’ve ever seen:

Typo detected:

“treasure Vault” not “fault”

Why did you give iron bow 2-3 range? and why does this bandit have a soldier portrait?

1 Like