[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: The Heroes We Deserve v1.3

Congratulations, Chair!

4 Likes

Project is cancelled until further notice.

10 Likes

Noooo :sob:

1 Like

To be honest, I’m not quite sure if this cancellation is real or a joke. Either way, THWD is a cool hack, and we’ve had some great times playing it!

3 Likes

It’s real. Chair’s pretty burnt out, for now.

3 Likes

Wait isn’t this finished though

5 Likes

おつかれ。

1 Like

F.
Interessting hacks getting cancelled is always a sad thing. But oh well. I guess the only thing that can be done is to make your own version of it for private use and hope that there will eventually an official uncancellation of the hack in question.

1 Like

I refuse to use translate for that

1 Like

I’ve updated the download link to match the patch over on the Discord server.

The final two chapters are kinda sloppy, there’s bugs, and the epilogue hangs at some point.

2 Likes

Playable to the end, but the very late stuff is unpolished and can be kinda buggy.

It’s been a hell of a ride. Thanks again for everything, Eric. If not for this hack I might not have stayed in FEU.

Sorry to hear about THWD being cancelled. From what I’ve played, it’s been a blast.

What caused you to cancel, by the way?

Burnout.

As mentioned earlier, you can finish it per se, but there’s bugs and the final 2 chapters aren’t as polished as I’d like them to be; I didn’t even playtest them myself. Hell, you can’t even finish the epilogue, the game hangs.

I burnt out months ago. I forced myself recently to try and finish it, promising a full release by FEE3 and the only thing I managed to pull together was a sloppy mess.

Quite a few people have expressed their concerns regarding the state of THWD with a few offering to help.

If I can’t step back up to the plate, there’s somebody I know I can trust with the project who’s already expressed that they’re willing to give it a shot.

15 Likes

After hearing the feedback regarding the cancellation, watching Skitty’s FEE3 video, and Snek’s solution to fixing the biggest bug, THWD is uncancelled. Expect a ver 1.0. release within the next few weeks.

24 Likes

The Uncancellation We Deserve

9 Likes

Glad to hear it Chair! I have just the song to celebrate:

(You can’t put this song back in the box)

3 Likes

My version is better and you know it.

3 Likes