[FE8][Complete] Fire Emblem: The Four Kings (4/11/24 Update: Now With Weapon Reversal!)

I just never bothered to change the class card. Same for all the promoted cavalry, they all just use the regular paladin class card because I was lazy.
Also Pugi is a stupid name and I’m glad FEH gave it a proper name with Vouge.

5 Likes

Anyway, I’ve beaten Chapter 20. Guess there’s no reward or even cutscene alteration for sparing Daltry, even though you have a great scenario for making that a viable option.

1 Like

I actually considered having a special scene for that, but I was just lazy and didn’t add it, since it’s something so few people would ever actually do (and I didn’t really want to incentivize doing something obtuse like that). Would’ve had Daltry corner Lionel, only for Zach to run up and stab him in the back.

1 Like

It’s pretty incentivizable, though. Just turn Perseus from a brave weapon to a (1-range) magic weapon, then the player can trap Daltry between the two obstacle pillars or the adjacent corners with high-res units like Hoff or Terry while Lionel seizes the throne.

1 Like

I definitely like Perseus the way it is. Especially since it’ll be fun for the player to use in the coming prequel :eyes:

3 Likes

It’s been a long, long time coming, but here it is:
My Four Kings review.

2 Likes

Man, just as I was about to make a new update to coincide with the prequel… Timing never seems to work out for me around here.

As for your review, if you hated the game, just say so. No point in trying to be “polite” like you were being in your review. It’s already clear to me that most people on FEU don’t like the game. My only real question is what difficulty you played on, since normal mode is recommended for your first playthrough (the update I’m making is going to make normal mode promoted enemies a bit stronger for the record, since they’re kinda pathetic right now), while hard mode is what I used to design the game and better suited to experienced players or replays. But judging by your review, you probably played on hard mode.

1 Like

No matter how harsh they are, reviews are still helpful, you know. Even the scariest and the nastiest of them can still have constructive points inside. There is no need to have this aggressive response.

Dude, it’s 100% clear that not everyone is gonna like your game. Everyone has their own preferences and all, and at least-- be grateful that Telos gave a review. Who knows if he talks shit about your hack behind your back? The fact that he gave his review and posted it on this thread will mostly benefit you as the hack creator.
Even Telos said this in his review in the first page:

And I can’t say Telos’ review is 100% irrefutable either.
Personally, I don’t really like how you mostly form your sentence in your reviews, Telos. They mostly started on a nice base, but then you didn’t exactly end it with something… meaningful. It’s just there, like for example your comments about stability here:

You didn’t really explain why or where does the game throws bullshit at you, and you also didn’t offer any solution on this problem you had in your playthrough. You only mentioned problems, yet you don’t state why they are issues or go into detail as to how they are unfair for the player to deal with.

Additionally, because these points are so broad, you don’t offer any constructive feedback to Krash that would help remedy these issues. It comes across like you’re complaining.

I don’t think this problem only occurs on this review. I read some of your reviews and most of them have similar issues. For example, you generally are able to pinpoint where something can be improved or needs fixing, but you don’t offer any information as to what specifically causes it, or why it is an issue at all. This makes myself as a reader unable to understand what the core of the problem is that you’re trying to show here, especially in this review since I haven’t finished playing 4K. Good feedback should be useful, specific, and precise. As a reader and a fellow creator, it’s hard to make sense of what I could do to make this a better experience.

I hope these can help you two with what you’re doing. Please do note that I say all of this as a member of the community observing this, and not as a moderator. Thank you!

18 Likes

Oh right, I finished this hack a couple months ago.
Final thoughts: Making every unit viable is fun, universal signature weapons are OP, Locritus should’ve been at least slightly better than “Ronan with wings”, I wish every hack could integrate unlimited C and B supports, and Vergil is the most obnoxious piece of plagiarism I’ve ever seen in a romhack.
And you maybe should’ve planned for people to find Vin’s routine overdone (and kinda tainted ever since Lon’qu) and prefer Zoe with Terry or Cindy.

1 Like

Alright, to coincide with Four Kings: Deposition, the prequel that I released two weeks ago, I’ve made a new update to Four Kings! The patch link in the main post has been updated accordingly. Below is a full list of changes I made. The big ones were adding in prequel characters as bosses, and making normal mode promoted enemies stronger (they were pathetic before), as well as a bunch of little things here and there. Enjoy!

Summary

X Change promotion music
X Increase normal mode promoted enemies promotion level by 7
X Luceil +10 HP +2 all other stats
X Ron +2 defense, +2 HP, +10% defense growth
X Sniper enemy class growths -4% speed
X Sarah, Candace, Marcie updated portraits
X Give Orville Eclipse instead of Bolting, he now drops his Fortify
X Fortify chest in chapter 20 now contains the Auris, an S rank sword
X Buff horseslayer
X Change Nicole’s solo ending
X Make vulns and pure waters buyable in preps
X Remove hurry up reinforcements in chapters 13 and 17
X Lessen chapter 11 myrm reinforcements
X Reduce reinforcements in chapter 14, chapter 15
X Make Jack and Ladon move towards the player in chapter 15
X Remove left bolting sage in chapter 18
X Add Sarah/Colt and Jeremy/Hoff supports
X Save command is no longer the top one
X Change Alicia’s personal weapon to Sagittae
X Steel swords now give 2 wexp
X Name the northern Behanzin mountains and the Behanzin desert
X Name the capitals after people who were important to the kings
X Edit chapter 2 ending scene
X Make Ava forced and Walter/Lionel benched in chapter 9, rewrite 9 and 10 accordingly
X Cielo, Colt, Hoff, Jeremy, Gideon, and Luceil now get force deployed in preps in their join maps
X Edit chapter 8 starting scene to use the chapter 19 map
X Regis now joins with a Fimbulvetr
X Edit chapter 15 end event scene with Feran
X Add scene at the start of chapter 15, Ava and Zach talking over waystones
X Edit chapter 19 ending scene
X Add all the prequel characters and assorted boss conversations for them, also Lydia/Ian convo
X Change chapter 26 Zoe and Vin cutscene so it only happens if they have an A support, make them both fight
X Restructure chapter 26 top section

7 Likes

Amazing , will start a playtrough of the prequel and this 1 as soon as i finish The Road to Ruin. cant w8, looks good.

1 Like

so basically daltry takes the auris and just stuffs it in some chest…yeah no wonder this guy loses in the rebellion.

1 Like

Hey man, he doesn’t have a good magic stat to use it :stuck_out_tongue:
I guess Holland would use it well but she doesn’t have the sword rank for it.

2 Likes

Just make sure to play the prequel after beating Four Kings instead of before it! That’s how you’re supposed to view the story.

2 Likes

Damn, just when i was near the end of the previous version. Whelp, time to finish it, then do it again after the prequel.

As per some criticism my only gripe has been with status staves having 100% accuracy, and personally thinking the enemies equipment upgrading just a little too fast. Maybe mix up some of the gear on the constructs, like brave weapons on the promotes and silver weapons on the unpromoted ones. Especially with how the AI loves to gang up with brave weapons, and maybe not put them on berserkers and swordmasters so they don’t randomly double crit screw the player over.

Otherwise I’ve been enjoying myself.

1 Like

hey bad magic can go a long way if you go bonk bonk bonk with crits

2 Likes

Fire Emblem - The Four Kings 12-28-20 patch_01
Fire Emblem - The Four Kings 12-28-20 patch_02
Fire Emblem - The Four Kings 12-28-20 patch_03
Fire Emblem - The Four Kings 12-28-20 patch_04

These… just wrong…
how could it possible to play these map with these weak things?

1 Like

Uh… What do you mean? The trial maps are designed around the units you’re given and the stats they have, so they can handle the stuff that’s in their maps. The reason they’re all level 20 is because I just needed an easy way to prevent them from leveling up in the maps.

3 Likes

I know imma get cussed out for this but… is there a 100% growth version of this hack?

1 Like

No, you will have to make that yourself.

2 Likes