[FE8][Complete] Fire Emblem: The Four Kings (4/11/24 Update: Now With Weapon Reversal!)

Alright well that I know definitely isn’t the case, since Lionel actually gets 3HKOd by those mercenaries at the start. And Zach is bulky enough to be fine on his own for a while too. But I don’t know if this is a problem with my map design or the player. Am I supposed to tell the player that they should split up? Then that’s just telling them what to do. I wanted Bradley and Shaun to show up on turn 2 and get recruited rather than just being blue immediately, to have more of an actual recruitment condition and make talking to them actually worthwhile. If they spawned blue, there’s no reason to talk to them with Walter for their intro dialogue, and people would just skip that.

1 Like

IIRC Lionel got killed when I put him at the north bridge in range of two enemies. I cannot recall which ones they were, I think it was a merc and a fighter. He did not have issues with the mercs when I sent him to the left as you described.

I mean, if the map is designed that you’re ‘supposed’ to go one way with X character and another way with Y character, is that different than telling them what to do? Sure, there is an optimal way to play, but from my few attempts, it felt like there was only one solution to the map.

The issue with Shaun and Bradley spawning and charging is that if you go the other way or put Walter out of their range on turn 1, they will continue charging and be impossible to recruit on turn 2 and/or die.

On one of my attempts, I needed to reset because they spawned and went out of range into enemies because my turn 1 wasn’t set up as it seems to be intended.

1 Like

Okay, I changed it so they now spawn directly below the bridge and don’t move. Now no matter where Walter moves, he can recruit them. Hopefully that makes it not bad.

1 Like

To clarify, I never said it was bad.

I do think making it so Walter can recruit on turn 2 regardless of where you move him will be helpful. Alternatively, not having them spawn on the NPC phase so they don’t function as ambush spawns could help, too, so that the player has time to react to them entering the map and close the gap to set up a recruitment.

1 Like

Alright, I finished trial map 7, Atonement, and updated the patch link accordingly. This final trial map follows Jeremy a few months after the game ends, tracking down Gideon to put a stop to his black market. Jeremy is also helped by Sarah, Bradley, and Shaun. It’s fun seeing all these different characters interacting together.
Trial map Jeremy
This update also contains a few smaller edits. I tested out weapon triangle buffs, but found that 30 hit ends up making hit rates worse most of the time. Instead, I increased the weapon triangle damage modifier to 2, while keeping it at 15 hit. I also added two new lower difficulties, Easy and Normal, which give enemies -10 and -5 autolevels respectively. Enemies are gonna be on class bases for quite a while. Lastly, I buffed Sarah a bit, slightly higher growths and, more importantly, a new skill, Outrider. This gives +1 def/res and +3 crit per tile moved. This is actually the skill she has in the trial map, but I ended up liking it so much that I gave it to her in the main story. Hopefully this will make her a more fun unit.

And… that’s game. The main story is complete, and now the postgame is complete. There’s nothing more to add to the game. I’ll make fixes and tweaks as needed, but otherwise, development on this hack is done, because this hack is finished. I hope you all enjoy what I’ve created as much as I enjoyed making it. I may make a sequel at some point, as I do have a few ideas already, but for now, I’m not going to be doing much serious hacking work for a while. I suppose it’s a bit of an unceremonious end to the hack, finishing off with a random trial map, but that’s just how it is. Thanks for keeping up with the game. I’ll see you all at FEE3.

9 Likes

Whoops, turns out I left in a pretty dumb mistake with the arena. I had accidentally made it so the arena wouldn’t reward any money (you would win the same amount of cash that you bet). Fixed that so it’s double your bet, and updated the patch link accordingly.

3 Likes

Don’t you love when someone is all high and mighty then this happen to them: https://www.reddit.com/r/Cowboahmorgan/comments/i5yp48/lol/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

(Sorry I don’t know how to post videos here so I had to use reddit)

1 Like

I have 2 questions
The first one is what is the special ability of the sword cordatus? I don’t understand the meaning of grants pass☹️
The second one is are they items or objects to boost magic that you can acquired? I am having bad luck with my mages increasing magic
Btw, great hack you have made there i am really enjoying this game since the beginning! When my Lion promoted he has become a killing machine! Freaking love it!

1 Like

Sword master op
And cordatus gices more crit i think
? Most skills are granted by weapons in this hack

1 Like

Cordatus allows you to move through enemies while it’s equipped (which is why it says it gives Pass, since that’s what the skill Pass does). There’s no magic statbooster.

2 Likes

Yeah, what knabepicer said. I don’t know of a way to have weapon skills display in a unit’s stat screen when equipped, unfortunately. And there are no magic stat boosters, since I was wary of people just loading up all the magic boosters on Nicole for the rescue staff.

2 Likes

I recently download this and it was really good specially the prf but i just want to ask something, is ava a pre-promote character? I can’t use any promotion items even the master seal itself

1 Like

Ava is unpromoted. She gets a story promotion later on, just like Walter and Lionel. None of them can use promotion items.

1 Like

Hey, been a little while since an update, but I did just update the main post with a new patch link. This patch mainly fixes some minor portrait errors, but also has two gameplay changes. In chapter 9, the reinforcements now start spawning on turn 8 instead of turn 6. Also, on a whim, I decided to add in Eclipse as a regular siege tome. Gideon now joins with the game’s single Eclipse tome in chapter 20. It has 14 Mt and 60 hit (Bolting has 12 and 70, Purge has 10 and 80).

3 Likes

I have cleared the game. It is really a masterpiece! Thank you KrashBoomBang!

1 Like

Thank you! That is some exceptionally high praise.

2 Likes

By the way, the magic seal of Zach is kind of scary to me. I cannot stare at his mouth. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Hey, updated the patch link today with a new version, which has two primary purposes. The first is that I added the patch that removes enemy stat variation, so enemies can no longer roll up or down on their stats and stuff. Hopefully it doesn’t break anything. The second change is that Lukee, Epsilon, and Bluey have been making lots of really good portrait edits and improvements, so I added some of them in. Take a look!
image image image image image

9 Likes

Awesome news! Runa made this super fancy trailer for Four Kings in preparation for FEE3. Because I’m impatient, I’m just gonna release it now. There’s no way I could sit on this thing for a month without showing it to anybody. Credits to Runa for making the trailer, and Racecarart for drawing Walter, Lionel, Ava, and Zachary to be used in the trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqpyYhOUsXc&feature=youtu.be

5 Likes
Sheesh Talk about an OVER kill

Fire Emblem - TFK.00a

1 Like