[FE8][Complete] Fire Emblem: The Four Kings (4/11/24 Update: Now With Weapon Reversal!)

Speed is kinda my thing, dude.

2 Likes

My overall potential playtime for 4 Kings has been cut down by three!

1 Like

three only?

1 Like

Krash, nice hack! I loved the custom animations!

1 Like

So Booshka gave me a fun idea, and I decided to implement it in a quick patch. Jeremy’s personal staff, Rewarp, now has the Powerstaff skill on it. So he can move again after using it (though it will only refresh him once per turn). I updated the patch link with this new change. Hopefully he’ll be more fun to use!

2 Likes

where save

Edit: You cannot save even if you are on the same spot as far as I can tell. I am using the newest patch and Zachary gives his little spiel about the “blue flame” save points, but I cannot see/use them.

1 Like

Huh, that’s odd… I don’t know why they wouldn’t show up. They’re there in my game, and they’re also there for a tester who’s on the latest patch too.

1 Like

Also, should Shaun have two quickblades? Is something screwed up with my ROM?

1 Like

Yes, Shaun is supposed to have two quickblades, since the game doesn’t like weapons with 100 uses. Though if the save points aren’t appearing, then something is definitely wrong. You may want to try patching a clean US rom again, just to be safe.

2 Likes

Sure, thank you!

1 Like

Huh, still not working. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, is the chapter 6 hero crest supposed to be obtainable?

Edit: nvm on the chapter 6 hero crest, I missed the quote from the fighter :l

1 Like

Maybe it’s an emulator issue? I’m not sure what could be causing it. Also yeah the chapter 6 hero crest is a fun little tutorial on how Vin works.

1 Like

Huh, maybe. VBA was having issues with other rom hacks, so I switched to mGBA. Is that what you’re using?

1 Like

I use VBA-RR typically, but lately I’ve been switching to mGBA. Though whenever people reported emulator issues before, they generally were using phone emulators. Hopefully something works for you. If not, you can always just use save states to replicate the save points. Sorry I don’t know what’s wrong.

1 Like

Aight, so I got a little confused with the Fighter. I assumed that his AI would change to roam and he would leave the gauntlet of brave bow snipers, but he just…left the map. I don’t know if other people made this mistake, but I think the quote at the start of the chapter is a little bit misleading. I sent my bard to other side, so I’m gonna miss the Hero Crest.

Edit: I just realized I forgot about Vin and the Main Gauche. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I think I figured out what the problem was with the save points! I had them all under Trap2, when I should’ve just had them under Trap. I fixed all of them and updated the patch link in the main post, so now they should work for you and anyone else who had this issue! Hopefully it works, anyway.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it! Thanks so much ^^

1 Like

Made a very quick update to the patch link to fix one issue. So you know how I gave Jeremy’s Rewarp the Powerstaff skill? Welllllllllllllll because it’s the top item in his inventory in chapter 10, he effectively had Powerstaff as a boss, meaning he could use Berserk twice in one turn. That was not a pleasant thing to discover! But now it’s fixed.

2 Likes

Wow, I was just about to comment on that. Yeah, he berserked my restore user and my bait. :l
Anyway, I found another…glitch? I dunno. I think if this happens if you rescue someone (or get stat penalties in general, idk) while using a weapon that boosts a stat (Wardlance) you get an interesting stat screen. Huh.
weird
Also, how on earth did I manage a 15 strength Marcie. I didn’t even know you could see growths by now, and she has a 25 percent growth. ???

1 Like

Holy crap, that’s a crazy amount of strength on Marcia. And yeah, I do know about the stat screen freaking out like that. It seems to happen when a unit holds a weapon that they are unable to use. Not really sure how to fix it. Thankfully, it’s purely a visual bug, so I’m not too worried about it.

2 Likes