[FE8] [COMPLETE] Fire Emblem: Flames of Redemption (Version 1.5 out!)

Hi there. This bug was reported a little while ago and I’m almost sure I uploaded a fix a few weeks ago, but maybe I forgot. By any chance, are you using an older version? I’ve reuploaded it now just in case.

Explanation

By the way, this happened because Teresa joins during the cutscene before the start of Ch18 which was a rookie mistake of mine. If you make any changes to her inventory and save, the inventory will be updated if you restart the chapter because the cutscene plays again (even if you skip it, the cutscene still happens internally). In the updated version, she should now join at the end of Ch17 to prevent this.

Another, unrelated bug

I’ll use this opportunity to document another problem I recently fixed. Green units vary in stats just like enemies, and apparently they get hard mode bonuses which I was completely unaware of? There is only one instance where this mattered, and it was in Ch8, where the green general would die earlier on and normal modes, making the chapter harder on lower difficulties!

I normally only playtest HM, so I’m really sorry. Anyway, I made it so their stats are always the same no matter what. The green sniper also gets the same treatment.

generic general
generic sniper

… Wait, so playing on Normal Mode was what was giving me that near-softlock some months ago?
This is so funny :pensive:

:flushed:
Most likely.

I remember a lot of people struggling with that chapter, and that’s probably the reason why. I kept nerfing Ch8 over and over while still testing it on hard mode and being unaware of the issue. Guys, don’t be like me and test all of your modes.

The funny part about all of this is that I discovered that oversight while testing Vesly’s AFK patch.

So I downloaded the new patch, and I’ve got good news and bad news. The good news is that the glitch isn’t happening anymore, the bad news is that Teresa no longer exists in my army. If I had to guess why, I’d imagine its because my original save file is from a patch where Teresa joins chapter 18, while the new patch has her join at the end of 17. So I think my save doesn’t have Teresa in it. I’m mainly going off how you explained why glitch happened how you fixed it, so I might be wrong. If I’m right, I don’t think I can fix it since I don’t have a chapter 17 save. I did save my original rom and save though so I think if I just don’t lose again or bench Teresa for a chapter I should be fine.

I did consider that possibility, but I was almost sure she would stay in your army because you had already saved during preps. It turns out I was very wrong, and yeah, I think your explanation is correct. The way these games work sure is interesting.

At this point, I think it would be safer to continue playing the old version. There are no other units that join in the same fashion.

Sorry about the cloned Meilis, though…

Just finished playing this game and wanted to say: this is one of the best Fire Emblem hacks I’ve played. The story was great and had me genuinely invested and the game featured a lot of unique but still well put together map gimmicks like the naval battles or the map where you had to avoid stepping into the neutral nation’s territory (I can’t remember which nation it was). I also found the characters to be interesting and likeable with great supports which seem to be a rarity in most hacks.

2 Likes

Can I make a suggestion to increase the growth rate of Roman by 5 I got unlucky with RNG and My Roman’s skill is crap

This is with level and exp cheat. If I didn’t cheat I don’t know how bad my roman could be with the RNG

His growths are fine imo, he’s in fact one of the best units. If you got RNG screwed I might suggest just swinging by Builder and upping his Skill to whatever you need it to be to feel comfortable.

2 Likes

something is wrong with this man portrait

1 Like

As Yasako said, he’s one of the best units in the game.

There was one run where I promoted him at level 1 and he still ended up being the MVP in the end. As with any unit, it is theoretically possible for him to turn out really bad, but it’s very unlikely for several reasons.

minor spoiler

He’s essentially a trainee unit, so he promotes twice.

Also, yeah, there are quite a few portraits with errors, and that’s one of the first ones I did. I don’t know if I’ll ever go back to fix all of them, but maybe! This was a solo project.

Can I ask why I was given this tome by a strange old man in chapter 5?
Did not expect that plost twist

Regular unit can’t access the Supply command when standing next to lord. Only by selecting the Lord can you access the Supply command

Rebekka can’t talk to Roman even if the screen said they can talk to each other but Roman can talk to Rebekka. I Want to know why they don’t work both way

“We shall continue our advance towards Belford tomorrow”
There is another Our in there

Someone messaged me about this once. This was my response:

I’ve been aware of the issue. I believe it has to do with the old version of the Skill System patch that FoR uses. I’ve been told that trying to update to a new version is not recommended. I’ve found a patch that removes the way SkillSys interacts with Supply, which fixes this problem.

Unfortunately, if we apply it, only one unit can call the Supply, so we would have to choose between one of the two lords. Since there are times where only one lord is available, this is undesirable for this game. If I ever find a better workaround, I’ll fix it, but at this time I don’t see a good alternative.

Unless a better alternative comes to my attention, this problem will probably stay. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, if you have a discord account, you could join our server. I think it’s easier for me to answer quick questions like the ones you have there, and I check it more often than this thread. The invite link is in the first post of this thread.

Her Eyes is misaligned

I have to say chapter 15 and 16 maps is HUGE remind me of playing the 4 Kings hack with it’s large map every chpater. Which I hate.
Chapter 17

There are 2 Elias and 2 Nadja

Just Finish the Hack. I love all the Twist and Turn in the story. I wonder if there will be a Hack that explore what Roman and Karl(Kale/Charlie) Was like before they lost their memory.

My Best Unit:

Ofcourse the Power Couple Rebekka and Roman

Secret character

Lochlan:

Goodbye the continent of Pyrmont!:smiling_face_with_tear:

Ending

THIS BROKE MY HEART :sob:

My favorite character because how aloof he is always considering himself a Demon Lord :joy:

You can rest easy now Jacob, Lily,Miriam, Charlie :sob:

Thanks Shiza for the fun hack even though the death of Lily broke me because how innocent she was but I push through and still enjoy it to the very end

3 Likes

The truth is that I’ve been busy working on another hack for a while that is connected to this one, although I’m not revealing anything about its story yet. Development has been going smoothly so I’ll probably release the first patch in the coming weeks or months. Unfortunately, it’ll probably take me many more months to finish (or years like this one, lol).

Anyway, thank you for the kind words and I’m glad you enjoyed it all the way through the end!

4 Likes

Wanted to stop by and say thanks for making this hack!

I just finished playing through on normal and for the first time in a while actually read through the story and played normally instead of cheesing with only paying attention to combat. 707 turns total compared to me frequently spending >999 on multiple maps for xp grinding.

I found the plot enjoyable, quality of life appreciated and balance fair. My best units ended up being Killian, Gael and Sabrina. Although Roman did plenty of work and for the last two bosses Rebekka was MVP.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s just me. I’m using the patch with the support room and, when I get to chapter 18, Teresa does NOT join my group. She’s one of my favorite characters and now I can’t use her.

1 Like

You’re right, something broke the event.

I’ve fixed the issue and reuploaded both versions of the patch. Sorry for the trouble. She will join at the start of Ch18 again.

(Measures have been taken to avoid the item duplication bug as well.)

1 Like

Having finished this at long last, I have just one question:
Why does Supply only work for the Lord, and only one of them at that, and not for any unit next to the Lord?

1 Like