[FE8] [COMPLETE] FE: Dream of Five - Definitive Edition

Now that DO5 is done, it’s time to remaster/complete Lengths of Time. The legend of duck and friends must live on.

1 Like

Dream of Five DE.emulator-9

What in this augury suggests that you’ll be able to recruit a gargoyle?

I think they’re referring to the blue gargoyle unit in the screenshot

my bad. it’s enemy unit only.

Currently starting A Route.

Thoughts

For the start of 7A- it should be “if and when” not “when and if”.

This hack’s difficulty feels… weird but I cant figure out why or how.

1 Like

That’s a neutral unit on that chapter if you went to Onduris, it is not recruitable. You will understand after you play said chapter.

Dream of Five DE v 1-1.emulator-0
If bows are so discouraged that this guy cannot make a livin, then explain these.
De1
De2
de3
I can understand that bows can be considered a coward’s weapon and archers aren’t in a bright spot, but I find strange that this guy cannot sell stuff, especially since there are enemy archers.
Maybe I’m dumb, but I found this odd.

Yyyyyes, obviously bow units exist in Onduris. They’re low-status, like he says. He’s a maker of fine weapons - the full line is: “Too bad for me, turns out that archers are low-status here, and nobody can afford my finest wares!” They aren’t weapons for the nobility, for the most part, in a deeply vertical society. Your named Ondurites with bows are mei’Doru and am’Roan - explicitly from backwater parts of the nation, openly scorned by corelanders - and Brill and Timon, who aren’t nobles. There aren’t enough of them to be buying the best stock off This Guy. It’s implied several times that the Guardians are chiefly of helot stock, too. There’s a reason Marksman never makes it to the generic Ondurite force composition (Outrider does, representing more frontier guys like mei’Doru). Maybe some of them technically have silvers, but weapons are pure abstraction 98% of the time. The guy is struggling to make a living, and I don’t think that’s some inexplicable plot hole under the circumstances. So, yes, I have actually thought about this a little, lol

22 Likes

Ain’t no way you put so much lore in one line of dialogue :rofl:

I really appreciate that you (the team) have put so much thought into the troop deployment on maps. Many folks would think primarily about the challenge/balance of the map and then deploy units to achieve that goal. Sure maps in prior FE games have a motif (Bern has wyverns, Sacae nomads, etc) but I find the explanation of unit deployments in Do5 to be very well thought out.

The extra work, world building, and attention to detail is appreciated. It absolutely elevates the game.

7 Likes

I’m mid way through the game and I absolutely love it

I know this is super random but I was reading the scene where Rena was addressing the villagers and she “calms” the baby down, and I thought that maybe you could use this baby sprite by Plant for it

Just a random thought i had, feel free to disregard this entire comment, lol

1 Like

This is a pretty cool sprite! While I do think it’s a pretty neat suggestion, an upcoming update requires a rather large number of extra portrait slots so it might get dicey with slots, and I would prefer to make all portraits bespoke on my end. I don’t actually mind making one if needed, but I need to make sure I have room for all the other stuff already planned first.

3 Likes

Finished yesterday!!! I did the Musain route which was incredible. Whenever the next patch drops I’ll do the other route! Figured I’d share my Rena

4 Likes

Patchday. Sort of. There’s literally only one change, but it’s one that could potentially go wrong, because I had to poke a few different things, though I did test it in every way I could think so. If something implodes, reverting to 1.6 should have literally no issues. Juuust in case.

The change is that every unpromoted unit now has a new portrait when they promote. This was done over the course of a manic couple of weeks by Lumi (with a few tweaks from Astra), so please take this opportunity to appreciate her.

I think I can fix the minor C25 issue on some emulators next patchday, but I’ll leave it to next, because it’s also going to be fiddly and annoying.

22 Likes

Love it!!

Lumi :bowing_woman:t5:

Edit:
triciameme

21 Likes

Peak meme so true

anyway because I am insane I sent the frames to parr at 5am and then just went to bed so the portraits will be up on the site in like, a few hours, bc i might go back to sleep for a bit more

but they’ll go up!

Edit: they’re on the site now

11 Likes
Summary

Sigh I just got my Arcus & Joylyn A support. SIghhh so bittersweet, at least Arcus is cool about it but poor Joylyn…now I gotta go find him love lol. Now it makes me even more so not wanna pair him with his arranged bride lol. I usually pick outside the obvious choices for pairing but now even more so.

1 Like

Characters only have 0 or 1 paired endings in this game, so I wouldn’t worry too much about finding alternate pairings if you’re looking specifically about endings

1 Like