[FE8] [COMPLETE] FE: Dream of Five - Definitive Edition

Rest assured, they will.

6 Likes

Wow, I’m not sure how to handle all of this. Think I’ll take some anaxothirion and lie down for a bit.

4 Likes

Well, color me interested.

If you haven’t already tossed them out and replaced them or didn’t have something else in mind entirely, I’m heavily down to improve my chapter map contributions (both Chapter 12s) since, after Ray did his replay, I recognized that they… could use some work.

(God, I think I made both of those in Mappy, so I don’t even know if I have the original files anymore…)

4 Likes

kino.

2 Likes

It had its warts, but it’s nice to see DoF back. Happy to help if there’s anything you all need.

4 Likes

I remember this. I really enjoyed it, though I learned about it because MarkyJoe did not. Regardless, I’m so looking forward to seeing how the story finishes, and I’m gonna play it as soon as it’s done. I have but one request: Please keep it alive.

2 Likes

While the maps still look great to my eye, and I’m not planning major overhauls, if you’d like to sharpen them for your own satisfaction I’ll gladly insert any changes. I’ll spare you the effort of searching for your originals: here’s a Dropbox link that I assume has everything needed. My mapping skill isn’t nearly as good as either yours or Dancer’s, so on my end I’m planning to keep map changes relatively small (stuff like opening up one-tile chokepoints and changing palettes). No rush, and no worries if your desire fades, but make whatever changes you like and I’ll throw it in and work with it. God knows I can relate to the desire to polish old work that’s in the public eye.

5 Likes

That

is exactly everything that I need. Awesome!

5 Likes

Let’s get this :bread:

8 Likes

Of all the things on my FEUniverse 2023 bingo card, “Dream of Five gets revived” was not on there. I’m simultaneously surprised and impressed!

7 Likes

This was one of my first and favorite hacks, and I am so excited I can finally finish playing it!

6 Likes

She’s back yes
we all lost hope
we thought we wouldn’t see her again but she came back
thank you

3 Likes

i am here to support my boy

5 Likes

I’m happy to help with music if you want a few songs or need anything fixed (i remember FE7DOF using FE8 songs, so remixes would be fun now that it’s in FE8!). It’ll be very easy for me to make a lighter-weight version of the Drums of War music thing (the general-instruments part of it is more or less done; it’s song-specific stuff and the songs themselves i’m still chipping away at) to plug into DOF if you’re interested in that too.

4 Likes

That would all be greatly appreciated! Yeah, music’s been a challenge; it’s not something I’m any good at, and as you say, a lot of the existing tracks in Do5 were tracks from 8 that were pretty much novel for being FE8 tracks in an FE7 hack… to think there was a time when people would hear Distant Roads and welcome it. I’ve thrown in some Repository tracks to supplement the originals that Do5 had, but FE8 remixes would be wonderful, as would any implementation of your DoW music engine.

4 Likes

damn I actually forgot I drew these haha

there are plans to upgrade these cgs to
depict the same events, but with my art skills now
so look forward to that

23 Likes

Cool I remember playing and being bummed out it wasn’t finished Cool to see its back

3 Likes

Oh wow this is a pleasant surprise. Glad to see we can see Renair’s story get an ending.

2 Likes

morgans
Dream of Five news in 2023? Keen to see where this goes

4 Likes

this is not the dofu2 on tactile i was told about

7 Likes