[FE8] [Complete] Blessed Heart v1.1 (1/22/2023 -- Reverse Recruitment Patch Released!)

Per builder, reavers in this hack seem to only invert the triangle, not double it.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for clearing up my mistake there. I always thought that Weapon Triangle Reversers also doubled their effects, since that is what they did in Fates, and I inferred that that is how they always behaved in every FE game.

Iā€™ve been playing through the hack, and Iā€™m on chapter 15, and Iā€™m really loving it so far. I especially enjoy the writing, the support conversations are very enjoyable to read. Is there any chance we can just get the support conversations? Maybe just as a text file?

1 Like

I copied and pasted the support text from my big olā€™ script google doc.
I canā€™t guarantee that itā€™s well formatted or that I donā€™t have stray notes lying around, so I wonā€™t add it to the resource listing in the main post for now.
Supports.txt

As a side note, I may add more supports in a future update. Iā€™m very slow at writing them, and capped off at around 32 to get the game finished. My brother helped out by writing a dozen or so of them for me.

2 Likes

Thanks, the quality of the writing is very good, so Iā€™m grateful that I donā€™t need to go through the game several times to get them all.

Is there a way to change the battle screen at all? I think that would be amazing to have to give this hack a more unique identity. Everything else is simply superb though!

I finally finished your game, and I have to say this was excellent all the way through! It had just the right balance of everything: The game was challenging, and not unfair or overly hard. Your characters are strong and useful, but nobody snowballs and grows strong enough to steal the show. The writing is very good, and itā€™s not lengthy or obtrusive. Blessed Heart will live on in my heart as a great game.

My playthrough was an Ironman on Hard difficulty. My total playtime came out to 34:34. Iā€™m the type of player that would spend time just meticulously preparing for each chapter, and then Iā€™d occasionally get into sticky situations that would have me staring at the screen for 10 or more minutes at a time trying to think of how to get out of the situation. I consider that a good thing, as my tactical thinking was nearly always rewarded.

Hereā€™s my final roster, all taken immediately before landing the killshot on the final boss, with some thoughts on each character:

Summary

Like all good lords, Aerin takes a while to get off the ground, but once she promotes she really takes off.

Sera is the MVP of the game, being my problem solver and boss killer all throughout the game.

Callahan is kind of a pseudo-pre-promote with a higher level and lower growths, but that didnā€™t stop him from being an unbenchable staple of my team throughout the game. Heā€™s one of the two units I early promoted; early promoting him at lvl 17 in order to gain access to bows and lancebreaker, and he never stopped being useful.

Linne was a very acceptably good mage in my run. There arenā€™t a lot of light magic users in the game, so she didnā€™t get the sweet taste of weapon triangle advantage very often, but just the fact that magic is effective against so many things made her consistently useful.

Ashe, despite being a staple on my team, never killed very many units, but just being one of the few mounted units you get makes her very versatile and good in a pinch, sometimes to land a killing blow on something that would survive just narrowly, or to pick up a unit, or to grab some villages in a hurry. I used my Metis tome on her to help bolster her stats, but she never got enough action to really feel the results over the long term.

Alanna was another MVP of my playthrough, with excellent growths she immediately became an excellent fighter once she promoted. She was probably the best candidate for the S rank staff, but despite using her constantly she never got enough staff exp to be able to use it.

Wilbert was another MVP of my game, being my early game tank and being the first unit to promote at level 20. In the Fort Defense Mission (I donā€™t recall the name of the chapter off-hand) I stuck him in the doorway on the East side of the fort, and he singlehandedly rendered what seemed like 1/4 or 1/3 of the enemies on the map totally useless as they huddled around the doorway trying to get in.

Theo was extremely useful as a druid killer all throughout the game. Light magic is just extremely useful in this game, with high crit, high accuracy, tomes like smite and lumina for bonus damage, and Slayer for the bishops. If i had to take just one magic user, itā€™d probably be Theo.

Rune was another great mage. His Res was a little on the low side, but he seemed to always be able to land lethal damage on whatever I needed dead.

Orville is the boss of my party. Tanking everything and then setting up all his attackers for lethal on my next playerphase consistently. His character arc is also really epic, he honestly feels like a second main character.

I saw Cassandra and immediately ejected Clement to the bench. She just rules the chapter you recruit her in, and she remains useful throughout the entire game. Despite being a prepromote, she had awesome stat growths, and was the only character to get a perfect level up. Iā€™m very curious why she has such high strength growth, like, what you doing with all that muscle girl? I read through the Secrets.doc after completing the game, and apparently she has a secret class change I didnā€™t get to see? And also thereā€™s apparently a chapter 19x? Oh well, maybe on another playthrough.

Vivianā€™s my Dancer and elixir dispenser, she performed her job just fine. Iā€™m very glad that she was physically tough enough to occasionally have to eat a hit, and fast enough to avoid getting doubled, cause sometimes there was just no way to avoid having her take damage. I gave her my sole swiftsole to make sure she never got left behind, and it was a good investment.

Janna was a very welcome addition to my team. Just being able to summon skellies with Provoke was so useful.

TBH Hildegard was kinda my filler spot. She definitely was useful on the chapter she joins as some extra muscle with Gungnir, but after that I didnā€™t use her much at all except to help cover my weaker units who still training before promotion.

Clement was a good boi. I abandoned him for Cassandra and relinquished him to the bench, but when the final chapter debuted, I immediately unbenched him and gave him my last Master Seal. Heā€™s the other unit I early promoted at lvl 15, to get access to another Slayer user to help with the ocean of monsters in the final chapter.

Special mention to Albert, the only unit that died in my run. Iā€™m very disappointed that I didnā€™t get a halberdier to use, but Albert missed two 92% hits in a row, and Iā€™d say he deserved to die at that point. RIP Albert, your death gave Cassandra her perfect level up. Amen.

To be honest, even though I went through the trouble of leveling up most of my units to 20 before promoting them, I probably could have early-promoted all of them without consequence considering that there just doesnā€™t seem to be enough EXP in the game to get any unit to a perfect 20/20. Early promoting always feels kinda icky though, but thatā€™s just me.

I felt that the roster of characters was very healthy and everyone seems good for the most part. Even the prepromotes, which are so easy to shun in other FE games, were almost all very useful and found their way onto my main roster more often than not. Everyone was so interesting and good that making the final decision as to who would be the ones to stay and who would be benched was a legitimately difficult decision, but I felt very happy with my choices in the end. I feel that this high quality roster allows for a lot of diversity of playstyles and would undoubtedly give the game a lot of replayability.

My opinion of the map design is very good. I think the early chapters are kinda boring, but the game pretty quickly picks up and youā€™re constantly having to move fast to beat out a looter, to beat a timer, to kill as much as possible to avoid getting overwhelmed by the enemies pouring down on you, etcetera. Forcing the player to take action and move fast is vastly preferable to allowing the player to go slow and kill the fun for themselves. I also liked that enemies donā€™t wait for you to approach, they just start charging at you from the get-go, and you have to do something about them NOW. Honestly, passive enemies that only move once you enter their range are so infuriatingly boring, and so many Fire Emblem games have those passive enemies, so Iā€™m glad that Blessed Heart avoids that sin of game design more often than not.

As far as enemies are concerned, thereā€™s always a good mix of enemies on every map. Thereā€™s always a diverse mixture of physical and magical enemies, and always juuuuust strong enough that no single unit can plow through them unimpeded. This design makes sure that your entire team always need to be working together, everyone feels useful and needed, and it rewards your foresight and preparation to tackle this diversity.

The bosses were honestly kinda pushovers. Any boss with a lance could be soloā€™d by Warrior Callahan. Any magical boss could be soloā€™d by Sera. That one Wyvern boss from that one Wyvern Chapter (Iā€™ve forgotten the name again, sorry) posed a momentary amount of doubt, in being so fast and so powerful that I wasnā€™t sure who could lure him in safely, but then I realized ā€œOh, Wilbert can do it.ā€ and then I stomped him with my archers. Iā€™m not too upset about the bosses being kinda weak, they always had an entire interesting chapter that preceded them, and smashing them to pieces at the end always felt like a reward.

As far as your personal rebalancing choices go, I like them a lot. I like Sword/Axe/Lance Breaker skills being tied to certain classes gives you a great incentive to use them to great benefit. I used Lancebreaker with Callahan the most for Wyverns and Demons. I didnā€™t use my swordmaster with Axe Breaker very much, he just wasnā€™t strong enough for the most part to really contribute, and I had to bench him. As previously mentioned, my only chance at Sword Breaker died with my only Soldier, but there arenā€™t a ton of threatening sword-users to worry about, so I guess it was fine in the end.

Finally, last but definitely not least, the decision to make Bows 1-2 range was a SUPER HUGE change to balance that Iā€™m still not 100% on board with. Bows are SO GOOD in this game. Enemy snipers always felt like the most intimidating enemies to contend with, because there was just never a ā€˜safeā€™ way to deal with them like every other enemy in the game. The solitary Sniper Boss was honestly the hardest boss in the game, in the time it took to beat him; and my bow-using units were all MVPā€™s due to having the versatility and power that bows give. Bows just donā€™t have a hard counter like any other weapon type, so the only way to deal with them safely is to tackle them with a high defense unit, or attack them from outside their range somehow. Consequently, I felt that my flying units were that much less valuable, because they have a very common enemy type that they just couldnā€™t contend with; I didnā€™t even think to unbench them even after getting the Fili Shield. It would be my sole recommendation to add in Bowbreaker attached to a class to give Bows a hard counter. Hero seems like the likeliest candidate, due to always being kinda underwhelming and average IMO, thatā€™d give the class the strategic niche of being anti-bow, and make the game a little bit more interesting.

So all in all, thank you for working so hard on this game, it was a great ride, and if you do get around to adding more supports Iā€™ll probably give the game another spin just to see them, along with the secrets I missed.

4 Likes

Wow! Thanks for the incredibly detailed account of your playthrough, as well as all of the thoughts about the game that you shared. Iā€™m glad to hear that you enjoyed the map design and unit balance, since I spent a lot of time on those.

I actually quite like your idea of considering adding bowbreaker in a future update, since as you pointed out, bows have no specific counter. At the moment, 1-2 range enemies such as mages often have many units that naturally counter them, like how you used Theo and Cassandra to obliterate dark mages without getting scratched. And you maybe didnā€™t even need them, given how Sera has insane res and 1-2 range herself.

On the flip-side, itā€™s much harder to deal with physical 1-2 damage, since high defense is a rare premium, and you canā€™t leverage weapon triangle or anything specific against bows. Itā€™s definitely something Iā€™ll put some time into thinking about. I do want to mention that the flying units are still considered to be pretty good despite the threat of enemy bows ā€“ the Pegasi promotional options are notably quite good.

Iā€™m taking a bit of a break for the moment, but Iā€™d love to add additional supports and other features to the game in a future update, and Iā€™d love to hear from you again if I end up doing so. Thank you for playing Blessed Heart!

3 Likes

Hi there! I finished playing this hack recently after storming through it in the course of a few days, and I have a bit of feedback and critique if youā€™re interested.

Notes I took as I was in the middle of playing this

Iā€™m kinda memeing but my jaw really did drop upon seeing this

• The end cutscene of chapter 2 and beginning of chapter 3 were really short. Bosses so far donā€™t feel too engaging nor do they tell me much about the overall lore.

• The looters from chapter 2 donā€™t have a description. The ones in chapter 4 onward having faces are a really fun touch though, which also helps differentiate the village-destroyers from the regular combatants. I really enjoyed this small touch!

• Farranā€™s intro cutscene really left a big impression on me! The concept of a brigand changing his mind after approaching his home village is pretty interesting and Iā€™m looking forward to learning more about him.

• Iā€™m noticing a decent amount of instances where characters are introduced with really barebones or insufficient context behind them. I mentioned Linne already but as another example, it would be nice for there to be a clue or two that Lydia and her green pegasi are from the Asgardian knights when she shows up, because otherwise she just kinda shows up without warning with two green fliers without any briefing behind who she is or who sheā€™s associated with. For her in particular I had to read her description to get any semblance of understanding behind her background. Another example is Runeā€™s intro cutscene, which tells so little about him lmao. I get the feeling heā€™s supposed to be mysterious but I didnā€™t even notice he was a foreigner until your script pointed it out, and his unit description gives me precious little info.

• There were a few moments where maps looked a little familiar. I distinctly remember one map where I saw the mountain range and thought ā€œthis is a heavily altered version of the Pablo map from FE8 isnā€™t itā€. Canā€™t say if thatā€™s good or bad concretely though.

• The ā€œIrene kicks dadā€™s assā€ scene would be better if I actually understood who Irene was at the time.

• There were a noticeable amount of boss quotes where the player characters justā€¦ didnā€™t respond or react at all? Thereā€™s definitely room for story exploration here and the script feels a little rough in this regard.

• In chapter 13, Vera speaks here despite not actually being present on the map at all.

• Though I wish the characters involved were more responsive in these conversations, the final boss calling the various holy bloods by (presumably) their ancestors or the gods who blessed their individual lines was a really neat touch that I loved to see. The Janna one with the vessel repeating itself was also pretty enjoyable.

Missed opportunities for battle convos that came to my mind
  • Oberon vs Astraeus ā€“ Iā€™m sure you could put some funny quips in here between them since Oberon seems witty
  • Otto vs Astraeus ā€“ Not sure why, but I have a gut feeling thereā€™s some potential for an interesting interaction here.
  • Menelaus vs Orville or Vera ā€“ I feel heā€™d definitely recognize the uniform of his own army, and Orville belongs to a noble houseā€¦ Iā€™m sure heā€™d be very amused at Blaumā€™s own son defecting after being sent to his death in a Uriah gambit.
  • Hildegard vs Irene ā€“ I feel this wouldā€™ve been a good opportunity to better characterize Irene against a fellow female paladin/army commander.
  • Alanna or Ashe vs Irene ā€“ I didnā€™t have a chance to check if this one was here or not so Iā€™ll note it just in case lmao
  • Zace vs Charon / Araxius / Hypnos ā€“ Iā€™m really surprised with the overall lack of Zace conversations considering how important he is in Zolrath.
  • Clement or Cassandra vs Charon / Hypnos ā€“ I think theyā€™d certainly have something to say on the dark magic they are using. Would they see this summoning as heresy?
  • Adelhart vs Araxius / Amaryllis ā€“ no response at all to his captive being freed? pensive
  • Orville or Octavia vs Amaryllis ā€“ Iā€™m sure Orville would have some choice words for the person who pushed their dad towards this dark path. Octavia also doesnā€™t get too much writing so Iā€™m sure thereā€™s an opportunity to explore here.
General notes post-completion

This is the only hack Iā€™ve played besides my MAFC that has a character named Clement in it, 10/10 hack

I kinda mentioned this earlier but I feel this hack has a recurring issue with context. When characters are introduced, the story often doesnā€™t stop to explain who the character is, what faction theyā€™re associated with, which faces in our party they know, etc. As an example off the top of my head, I was a little confused behind how the MCs know Clement, which is never explained to my knowledge (at least not in the main script). He just kinda comes out of nowhere without any explanation of his prior relationship with the other characters, which made it more difficult for me to keep up with how the characters are intertwined with each other.

I also noticed that sometimes the dialogues in this hack end pretty abruptly in a jarring way. It often felt like cutscenes are just cut off midway instead of really wrapping themselves up in a way that felt like the end of a conversation. Adelhartā€™s recruit convos come to mind since they all felt pretty rushed to me (i:e the last line of his Ashe recruitment dialogue is a question which I honestly doubt Ashe would have just walked away from). This was also pretty prevalent in the battle conversations, as it often felt like more could easily have been said within them and they had strange lines to end on.

With a few exceptions, the playable characters generally seem very disconnected from the plot in an FE6 kind of way. Though I personally donā€™t like seeing this compared to the alternative (as the story tends to be much stronger when side characters have ties to it), I donā€™t think itā€™s necessarily an objectively bad thing; to me it just means that charactersā€™ writing quality might be carried harder through the quality of their supports. FE6 in particular is a fascinating case to me since so many of the characters seem totally generic and uninteresting going off their first impression in the main story, but also have some really unique and interesting supports (see Garret as a prime example). This game feels a little different since just going off a lot of the charactersā€™ story presences, it feels like thereā€™s a good few characters who have underdeveloped, yet potentially very interesting concepts. Though, I have yet to read all the supports in this game though but Iā€™m hoping for the best when I get around to doing that. (I recall enjoying Clement/Cassandra a lot!)

Even still, I would have personally liked to see more characters like Orville who were more thoroughly integrated into the story as a whole, even if itā€™s just through some kind of close story tie-in with a boss or two. Orville was definitely a highlight of the hack and I appreciated how intertwined he was with the main story.

The major villainsā€¦ are one of this hackā€™s biggest flaws imo. They were frankly a non-presence for most of the story and it honestly felt like some of them could be replaced with generics and little in the story would change. In his boss chapter Astraeus actually confused me at first, because it felt like the story was hyping him up as someone important when all I could remember of him was that he talked to Blaum like once. Irene kidnaps Adelhart but is MIA for almost the entirety of the rest of the story and we get barely any context about who she is even when she does show her face. Blaum is probably the most active villain but even then it feels like he didnā€™t do much aside from deploy his son, sell off his daughters offscreen, and do the funny supply thing.

idk, I just donā€™t remember feeling any kind of sufficient buildup for most of the villains who seemed important, and imo that definitely affected the main story as a whole. I think it detracted from the overall impact of fighting these villains and it also took away from how engaged I was in the main conflict.

Overall, it feels like this hack is in some ways designed to be a ā€œlighterā€ and more accessible experience (if that makes any sense). And while I donā€™t think this hack is necessarily the best fit for my tastes personally, thereā€™s definitely still some praiseworthy things that I was rather impressed by. I want to mention Chapter 19x in this regard as its unlock requirements are something I really enjoyed a lot. I liked Orville as is, but actually putting his family crest to further use instead of just being a stat booster was a really great touch. I do love a well placed Chekhovā€™s gun, and this was one of my favorite parts of the hack. Well done!

Final team

I tried to base my team picks off of who I felt would get the most attention in the main plot, with a few extra slots for others like Farran and Clement duh who grew on me. I wanted to hit as many boss conversations and secrets as I could!

While I wish her arc was more thoroughly explored, I like the concepts behind it. Iā€™m also a little curious as to why Amaryllisā€™s sword is her prf lmao.

As mentioned earlier, heā€™s easily one of my favorite characters in the game. I always love to see dynamic side character arcs and Orville certainly provided. I especially appreciate how unassuming his first appearance is, like youā€™d never think heā€™d have such an extensive arc with how he shows up. That lack of predictable trajectory was one of my favorite parts of Tear Ring Saga, and I very much enjoyed it here too.

Honestly Iā€™d go so far as to say that heā€™s a more interesting character than Aerin ngl

I feel like I picked her cause I think she had some conditional cutscenes in the earlygame? Either way, she did grow on me a bit.

When I realized this man shared a name with my absolute favorite FE4 character, I just knew I had to give him a shot. Sure, there may have been a bit of favoritism involved, but who doesnā€™t have that one unit of each hack they play?

I really enjoyed how self-reflective he is despite being an older guy. Despite his many years and slight stubbornness he seems to acknowledge that thereā€™s still much he doesnā€™t understand about the world, and I think thatā€™s charming. Itā€™s also very interesting seeing him both giving and receiving guidance in his supports as it shows some very different sides of him.

I also think it is hilarious that his 5% strength from the Metisā€™s tome procced

(here he is killing the vessel)

Though I kind of wish we got to see her develop more as a person over the course of the game, I do appreciate how iirc she gets a boss conversation before she can promoteā€”in other words, the only way a player will find it is if they go out of their way to test that itā€™s there. I really love anything that rewards a player for investigating story dynamics and that conversation (if Iā€™m not misremembering) was no exception.

Ashe is in a somewhat similar boat to her sister in that while she has a lot of presence, I kind of wish she was more dynamic or had a more concrete arc to follow. Thereā€™s kinda-sorta one involving finding her father again but with how short the recruit conversations are with Adelhart, it felt a little anticlimactic.

This guy is a really cool concept, and as mentioned earlier his first scene really left an impression on me. He doesnā€™t have that much writing, but heā€™s consistently soft spoken for such a big guy and from the way he speaks I get the feeling heā€™s got a really low opinion of himself. Iā€™m kind of curious now whether his temperament was always like that or if he had his change of heart when he was sent to raid his home town. Overall, I liked him a lot even though he didnā€™t say much.

Otto has such strong Tomas/Ronan vibes and honestly that charm is a big part of why I stuck with him.

Iā€™m not sure what to make of her fully yet as I havenā€™t seen the other promotion. But her support with Clement definitely had me hooked. I do wish the church was a bit more of a prominent force in the story, as perhaps if it were more relevant we couldā€™ve gotten a more concrete arc out of her. But regardless, the alt promotion is super neat nonetheless and I very much like the concept behind her even if I havenā€™t actually seen it yet.

You, Zolrathian knightsā€¦

Exposition bot moment. Man she did a lot of monologuing. I did find it interesting how she seemed to feel some strange camaraderie with Charon though, despite all their differences.

Defecting out of sheer spite made me laugh. Itā€™s a pity she feels like one of the worst units in the game though ngl

I wasnā€™t sure what to make of Elias. He doesnā€™t do too much aside from being a more reasonable voice after he joins, but I liked the idea of a levelheaded guy/rash girl lord duo.

A story point with some fun potential told through growth rates. Sheā€™s a little underexplored since she joins so late and has like 3 lines total, and I wouldā€™ve loved to see her stats pre-operation, but I definitely like the ideas and concepts behind her.

Longbow General.

Thanks for making this hack!

6 Likes

This is a really detailed and incredible post ā€“ thank you for taking so much time to write it all out! I can really tell how deeply you explored the game through how many boss quotes and supports youā€™ve checked out.

Blessed Heart was the first time I ever wrote a work of fiction longer than a couple pages, and it shows. Itā€™s very helpful how youā€™ve managed to pick through what worked and what didnā€™t ā€“ and Iā€™m really glad that there were many parts you genuinely enjoyed despite the scriptā€™s flaws. I plan on learning as much as I can from this for any future projects, and I might just add in some additional bits and pieces you felt were missing such as extra battle conversations if I update the game in the future.

Also, that incredibly buff Clement confuses and frightens me. Godspeed, you crazy bastard.

Thanks for playing Blessed Heart!

3 Likes

Can you add a fixed growth version?

The fixed growths patch conflicts with skillsystems, and Blessed Heart has a pretty old version of skillsys installed that doesnā€™t inherently support a fixed growths option.

Iā€™ll look into it to see if itā€™s feasible regardless, but I canā€™t promise anything.

I understand

Reallt enjoyed this game and the soundtracks were awesome! Great job

1 Like

Congrats on the release! I just got done playing and this was a lot of fun to playthrough, the story was very solid, I liked quite a bit of what you had going on here
-All the supports were finished, last like 4-5 hacks I played released without putting these in and it always takes me right out of the story if I get a support but it ends up being Colm x Neimi lol
-The pacing of the game is fast which was awesome, I thought the incentives to go quick was there almost every chapter- although I did end up not using full deployment most of the time since 14 plus characters seemed excessive. I donā€™t know if I have a good answer for this, I like smaller maps that are more focused personally, you do have a lot of maps that are bigger with parts of the map going unused. Are you going for more artistically pleasant maps?
-The characters are great in this, You have a good range of personalities here, Its always a good sign if Im struggling to choose who to use for maps if I like too many of the characters.
-The naming schemes were pretty good, but if your using Asgard as Norse and Ashkari as Greek the names were mostly correct but occasionally would not follow it. Not sure what Zolrath was based on haha, I know this is minor but its something I always look for.

• Others have already said this but bows being 1-2 doesnt feel right. My bow users were wayy to overpowered. Sera was MVP for sure.
    -I liked both Menelaus and Amaryllis but wish they had a bit more screen time- maybe a couple scenes early? Its fine as is but I wanted more.
    -Aerin could be more intense IMO, other characters are calling her stoic and focused but we never see her not in war mode so its a bit of tell not show

Overall I really liked it though, you did great work!

2 Likes

Due to my ever growing mass of forgotten memories Iā€™ll keep it brief.

I enjoyed my time with blessed heart even if some units left me wanting. More from an ā€œwhy does it feel like Iā€™m missing somethingā€ place then anything.

My only real complaint comes from a few of the early maps can be a bit constricting with enemy density and having to get units away from being swarmed. Oh and the battle theme started to hurt my ears after 50ish times of hearing it start.

As per the archerā€™s being too good thing, are people crazy? The only archer worth anything is Sera and even then until sheā€™s a sniper sheā€™ll lose 4+ speed from anything other than an iron bow. Otto is only moderately better with a shakey speed growth and literally every one else who can promote into a bow using class has crap speed.

Callahan 30%
Flynn 35%
Wilbert 30%
Orville 25%
Adelhart 15%

The only outlier is Farran with a whopping 55% but then you lose your only option for a Berserker.

Even my sera wasnā€™t great until the end having spent levels 8-19 with 12 skill. So I donā€™t really see it.

People arenā€™t joking about the bows being strong ā€“ itā€™s worth reminding you that Pegasi can promote into bows via Arbalest, and that more expensive bows such as Alloy, Killer, Falcon, and Silver weigh in the 6-7 range, which is quite comfortable for Sera specifically.

I originally made bows 1-2 range with the idea of placing a check on fliers, both on the player and enemy side, but they make for strong general use weapons due to being typically stronger, lighter, and more accurate than thrown weapons.

Eh, i suppose its mainly due to me not using the pegs, not using any more than 2 fliers, and a serious dislike of the arbalest anims (they are really jank looking to me). Mixed with my preference to use a more balanced roster of units.

Iā€™ve gone ahead and added a new link to a Tier List Maker to the resources section of the OP and on my discord. If anyone feels like making a list, post it on discord for me to see!

I also wanted an excuse to announce that Iā€™m starting work on a new, fun little update for some alternate ways to play the game. Iā€™ll share more details later.

2 Likes

nice! Ive been loving the game so far. Mind if I ask you, are there support limits on the game like the vanilla classics?

1 Like