[FE8][Complete] Bells of Byelen (24 Chapters)

Yeah, this one I’m aware of but didn’t get to before release since it’s avoidable. Should be an easy enough fix, I can probably push it out with the next patch.

1 Like

New patch uploaded with some hotfixes, though none are essential. Changes are the following:

General
  • Fixed units not displaying their animations when they only have a staff in their inventory.
  • List screen and support screen now have TSA, so menus should all be done
  • Dullahan now works, reviving Cromar properly on death.
  • Added information about QoL changes in the guide and mentions of staff range and accuracy formula changes under Formula Changes.
  • Fixed Hornet’s palettes
Chapter 12
  • Tiberius recruitment functions properly again
  • Mounted units that are deployed in the indoors section will automatically be dismounted after preps
Chapter 13
  • Fixed an enemy unit having a weapon they couldn’t use
  • Jacinth now has a sword animation

This should just leave the convoy combine problem with Scrolls and Pure Water issues as the main problems I’m aware of. If anyone knows of any others, please let me know.

4 Likes

Is there a recruitment guide? Enjoying the game and currently on chapter 9.

Yes, there’s one in the download link.

Thank you

So in Chapter 1 I let Senny and Helman escape and in chapter 9 it says i can talk to the two characters with anyone but there is no talk option for the 2 of them

Are you on the latest patch? This was a bug in an older patch that has been fixed (although the fix doesn’t apply retroactively through saves, so if you updated the patch, it would not fix the issue).

So i would have to start over? I’m on v1 when i click on the downloade gives me v1, is that not the current one?

The download has been silently updated without changing the filename. In any case, yes you would either have to start over, edit your ROM to add those units, or play on without them.

Thanks for letting me know

Made a few more updates to the patch based on bug reports.

Changelog
  • Troubadours can now promote properly while dismounted
  • Fixed an instance where a weapon with Nullify didn’t function properly in Chapter 23
  • Various typos fixed in a few chapters (thanks knabepicer)
  • Significant cleanup of supports for phrasing/tone/typos (thanks Leche)
  • Spell anim for Slim Arch now uses the correct animation

Thanks to everyone so far who’s played the game so far and reported bugs or found typos. The rate of patches should slow down soon, as less issues are coming in that need to be addressed quickly. I’m really appreciative of the response so far, and I’m looking forward to the FEE3 showcase!

10 Likes

Hello ! I’ve had some issue, please.

During chapter 9, I realised I can’t recruit Jenny and Meldan, despite the fact I freed the two prisoners during chapter 1.

Any idea why ? Thanks !

This would be because some older versions weren’t setting the global flags from Chapter 1 properly that are used to determine whether you can recruit them. The fix to this doesn’t apply retroactively, so if you’ve already played Chapter 1, it won’t fix the issue. If you want, you can open up the hack in FEBuilder and set those flags manually in the Chapter 9 start event or hack them in some other way, but otherwise, they unfortunately won’t be able to join.

1 Like

Welp, that’s a shmucks. Still, thanks for the heads up !

1 Like

Hi, i’ve found a bug while doing an ironman.

My Delilah died during chapter 4 to a peg. knight, yet she’s back in chapter 5 with all of her items.
Also autoend turns stopped working after she died.

1 Like

Sorry about this - this stemmed from the recent fix to Dullahan, which caused another unexpected issue with any unit dying. I’ve addressed it and uploaded the fix to the main patch download.

This patch also has a few other important changes to mention:

• Fixed the Pure Water issue, where it interfered with how supports are drawn on Page 3 of the statscreen
  • Growth scrolls are now unable to be combined with convoy combine, fixing the issue where they could sometimes turn into other types
  • Changed a few events so that global flags were properly set (one in Chapter 5, some in Chapter 23)

This will hopefully be the last of the hotfix patches, as it seems like most significant problems from launch are addressed. Future patches will have different names, likely be more focused on chapter enhancements or balance concerns, and come out less frequently.

7 Likes
Quick bug report for Chapter 3

Watching a friend play through this on Discord and this happened:

Capturing Emory at all causes some weird bugs. If you don’t drop him, he locks your unit in place and “overwrites” their tile on the map, preventing them from being selected because he’s “over top of them”. If you drop him, he looks like this and has 0 HP. You can attack him again for an extra free kill and EXP to remove him from the map.

Emulator is VBA 1.7.2.

1 Like

i think this should be fixed as of the most recent patch, uploaded with my last reply: It looks like the same issue that arose from the Dullahan fix, so it should be easy enough to update to that and not have any issues like this. If not, it could be an emulator issue, but I’d have to check and see there. I tested on mgba just now, and it seemed to work as intended.

My friend said that he downloaded the patch this morning right before starting to play, for what it’s worth.

Hm, then yeah it may be a VBA specific issue. I’ll note it under Known Issues and see if I can get to checking it some time.

1 Like