[FE8][COMPLETE] A Vestrian Tale (1.2, November 3rd 2023 update)

Hello peeps, a new chapter got released. This thing has been in basically complete state on my laptop for almost two weeks. I thought I would be able to complete chapter 8 before the start of my vacation, by I got distracted by some rather trivial matters and now I am out of time. Nevertheless, a sizable chunk of writing for chapter 8 is done and just waits to be inserted.
Well, I’m going for a swim. Have a good one lads, see you soon.

4 Likes

Greetings, peeps. After almost 3 years, the game is finally complete. I am pretty sure there are still some rough spots around the edges, but there is always room for improvement.
I thought I would be in the mood for grandious statements after all this time, but eh, I think I’ve
changed my mind. I am simply pretty satisfied to have delivered a complete project, even if I took a lot of time. With that being said, have fun with the hack. I am eagerly waiting for yer feedback B)

18 Likes

Hack good.

2 Likes

Congrats on the release Roze! I played a build of Vestrian Tale a long time ago and it was one of my favorite demos around. Currently up through Chapter 2 right now and this hack rocks. I really enjoy how you have utilized and balanced the Capture mechanic (probably my favorite part of the hack) because of how much it can affect the way you engage fights as well as how often enemies have good items worth taking. Enemies are fair and hit decently hard, story is good so far, and units are fun to use and each have fun little niches that they fill (and when they don’t, you rounded them out with a skill that gives them one). Great stuff Roze, really enjoying this so far (except for the two 99% hit rates I’ve missed so far :slight_smile: )!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you are enjoying yourself. Missing a 99 is an integral part of the experience, ya will get lucky next time :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations Roze! This game looks really interesting, I’m looking forward to playing it!

1 Like

Greetings peeps. Fire Emblem E3 is right around the corner. The proper time to deliver some goodies.
A lot of people have played AVT in the last couple of weeks and for that I am thankful. I took notice of the feedback given by several players and I made some changes to the game based on their suggestions. I am not a changelog guy, so over here you I will very quickly enumerate the overall changes:

1. The enemies in chapter 7, 8 and Finale have been slightly buffed. Capturing in those chapters is going to be a challenge to be reckon with, but by that point of the game your inventory should be plumper than a figgy pudding.
  2. Ms. Parsley, Alyssa and Terry got some buffs. Some are much more visible than others. These units are definitely not going to change the tides of battles, they were never intended to be anything too special. But they are probably a more interesting option than before.
  3. I hunted and fixed some bugs. Is the rom completely bug free? I do not thing so; certain critters were difficult to pin up due to their high volatility.

And that’s it for now. I might touch up some other stuff in the future, but for now I am quite satisfied with the state of the ROM.
With that being said, stay safe and enjoy Fire Emblem E3!

4 Likes

Hello, beautiful people. Fire Emblem E3 has descended upon us! The trailer for AVT was dropped a few hours ago.

Watching all of the presentations made in the past years makes me kinda nostalgic.
Stay tuned for more FEE3 goodies, this year has some true bangers, such as Two Milkmen Go Comedy, Drums of War, (epic) Pokémblem, Cerulean Coast and many many more.
Stay safe fellas, have a good one.

14 Likes

Greetings fellas, new update has dropped.
Here’s the list of the changes:

Changes

-Liquirizia’s speed growth is adjusted to 60%.
-New Graceful Charity: 20 fix damage, 100 hit, cannot double, debuffs Atk/Spd/Luck by 3.
-Every “lore” house gives 50 exp.
-Master Seals cost 3500 gold. No further capturable master seals have been implemented in the game.
-The number of units usable in Finale has been raised to 11.
-Lotsa Kash’s strenght has been fixed.
-The Chapter 6 End Event bug has been fixed.
-New event inserted.
-Iblis’ final quote has been fixed.
-Ch.5 Ally BGM has been fixed.
-Ranger movement has been increased by 1.
-Bipatte aquires Swap.
-Chapter 7 reinforcement numbers has been reduced.
-Enemies in chapter 7 have been debuffed.
-Iblis and Jerez are now force deployed in chapter 4.
-Chapter 5 enemy density has been reduced.
-Northern snag has been added in chapter 5.
-“Girlboss Marzano” and “Lord Alva” are no more.
-Liquirizia/Alyssa convo fixed.
-Aged Cheese description has been changed.
-Chapter 8 enemy density has been slightly reduced.
-Enemies in chapter 8 got a slight debuff.
-Brave sword merc removed from Finale.

In the last weeks, a good amount of bugs and typos were found, plus I needed to correct some buffs made in 1.1, I went a little bit too heavy in certain areas. With that being said, have a good one peeps, stay safe.

5 Likes

Greeting fellas. @lowres is cooking an AVT 0% growths LTC, make sure to give it a look :eyes:

8 Likes

Yeah the hack’s pretty good imo.

5 Likes

edit: I was stupid, probably left one unit at the corner in the escape mission and my emulator’s overlay covered it so I didn’t notice.

By the way the game is awesome! Half way through the game and it’s a bit on the hard side for me (I’ve only beat FE7, FE8 and one or two romhacks) but still manageable.

1 Like

I didn’t realised I was on version 1.1 until the final chapter. Never mind, I just carried on.

The game was very fun. Some chapters were not easy with some surprises (e.g. last chapter before the Final) which I had to restart once or twice. Capture mechanic was new to me and it’s awesome and I was often torn between getting which weapons. Story started out differently (playing as a team of thieves) which was refreshing and converged to standard FE story line while still believable (kind of).

Editted: Final team updated for reference.

Final Team Members

I love thieves (in Fire Emblem, not in real life)! And a hack with thief as lord is awesome! High speed and the only one who can use Dark magic, which was quite strong in late game. Love him.

Helena has been a great killer and assistant throughout, and did I say I love archer too?

The first unit I promote (at level 10), Ginepro did quite well with his magic and healing. Another essential unit.

I did not expect to use Anatolij so much, but he was essential given high con (for capture), high str and modest spd. He’s the sleep edge user which trivialised some of the bosses.

Alva was fine, she’s not as strong as most but her high mov and modest con help a lot with rescue and capture in dire situations.

Major damage output given res is usually very low across all units in this hack, despite not being able to double most of the time. Also a frequent capturer with his high con.

Holy, he’s THE tank with great damage output. Also with some interesting secret events he’s blessed with high mov as well which was unbelievable.

Like Alva, he’s not very impressive in offence, but still assisted a lot.

The dancer doing dancer’s role. His skill also helped allies a bit.

Jack of all trades, iron blade/arrow + mend provided good assistances to allies. Didn’t expect I’ll choose her as final team but I didn’t train any other staff users.

May have another playthrough some day to try other units and find secrets I missed! Great hack and I really recommend it!

1 Like

Regarding the version, worry not. It was I who forgot to change that piece of text. It is sometiing that I’ve fixed recently. Thanks for playing the game :sunglasses:

I believe I was really on 1.1 though as deployment slot was 10 on final chapter. Any way, thanks for the hack! I had a great time.

Oh yeah, in that case you definitely were on 1.1. In that version lategame is a toughy, but ya managed fine. Stay safe :sunglasses:

1 Like