[FE8] An Unexpected Caller (22 Chapters) [COMPLETE]

Excited to see this release. Was fun to “sample” and “remix” vanilla in this way. The limitations we gave ourselves fostered some neat ideas, and it was always enjoyable to see how certain characters, maps, and dialogue, were recontextualized to make something that felt fresh (despite its appearances). The end result is zany narratively and fun to play.

Kudos to Archer for leading the charge and keeping up the momentum this time.

3 Likes

You will not harm Puzon.

5 Likes

You will not inflict bodily damage towards the man called “Puzon”.

4 Likes
5 Likes

• Counter in C8 should reset in start event
  • Oni Katti no longer claims to have rapier effectiveness
4 Likes

quick question, is there supposed to be no dialogue outside of battle quotes in the first few chapters? i can’t tell if it’s intentional or not since there’s dialogue shown in the screenshots

2 Likes

yeah its intentional

cool thanks :+1:

1 Like

This was unexpected.

1 Like

Well now.
The FEE3 feed for this one popped up unexpectedly, and now this too, pops up unexpectedly.

It must be a sign!

I’ll play this when I have the chance for sure!

2 Likes

You will not harm Puzon.

1 Like

You will harm Punzon

1 Like

Completed, you say? Well then, let’s give it a try…

Edit: okay, no. When I saw the Telephone format I thought that maybe this would be good. I mean, Bells of Byelen is awesome after all, with a serious story and all. Meanwhile, I am 3 chapters far in this one and nothing makes sense. Will and Lynn not knowing each other, characters from fe8, Knoll appearing for no reason in a village, saying that “Knoll says trans is right”, whatever he meant (thanks for the no explanation longbow, by the way). It feels like this is some kind of meme or joke game, which is fine, but it’s not my cup of tea. I can only hope the rest of you enjoy what I can’t.

knoll fire emblem says trans rights

6 Likes

Yes, that’s it. Thanks for the correction.

I was a bit iffy on this hack, but now I’m sold

15 Likes

Honestly, Telephone hacks have always had a kind of unhinged sense of humor in places.

Kind of a tradition with community-made group hacks, really.

Though this one feels a tad… hm. What’s a good word for it…?

Eh, maybe it’ll be better in context.

1 Like

just finished the hack, it’s epic
i cried when puzon said it’s puzoning time and then missed with the mani katti because some sicko at intsys gave it 80 hit

8 Likes

he puzed on my on till I unexpected caller

3 Likes

Pushed out 1.0.4, which fixes a potentially devastating bug in Chapter 15

Puzon also received some fairly major buffs due to some feedback, I think units are in a solid place atm but lord feeling bad sucks so:

• +5% Str
  • +1 HP/Skl/Spd/Res
  • Gale Blade +1 Might
7 Likes