[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Are any of the legacy versions available? I want to try Kyle as Roy.

1 Like

That’s the point, Garcia isn’t technically meant to be a pure offense character, he’s meant to be a hybrid bruiser. And 35% growth isn’t that bad… It’s inconsistent for sure, but you can get decent level up streaks off of it. Ross is what the pure offense should be, but given how skewed his growths are, how poor his bases are and how much weaker his personal skill is compared to his dad, he’s always gonna struggle to overcome Garcia, even with 10 extra levels of growth.

1 Like

Did his growths get reduced or something ? Never checked his vanilla growths but he still stood out pretty well in my playthrough. He was just a bit low on defense and skill but other than that pretty good.

Yeah, his skill is kinda underwhelming.

EDIT :

Sounds crazy but I guess ‘Swordbreaker’ suits his personality. But maybe he will become too broken.

Ross? He actually got his SPD growth increased… In the Japanese version he had a 25% growth in that Stat… In the localization it was bumped to 30%.

I’d still argue towards giving him Heavy Strikes… Would be a much better fit as for what should be a major growth unit over a established pre-promote

Edit: if push comes to shove maybe give him Aptitude, all though I dislike it because it becomes a dud once you cap out your core stats and with the skills this game has, plus ease of booster shopping, plus the difficulty of post game, he’ll still be behind the curve

As far as I know, there’s no link to legacy versions. But maybe Blood can provide it.

Ladies and gents we have lift off. But seriously the work here seems like an awesome addition to the hack’s use of skills and alot of future hacks. Also let me say Spectrum Initiative…need i say more?

Honestly I’d be more interested for a spectrum taker, of all things. but Yeah more skills to work with is always better

A player phase Spectrum Stance would also be nice, but i’ll take what i can get.

Side note i just thought of: How about giving Valter a unique personal weapon, based on the cursed lance of Duessel’s family? Dunno about effects or stats yet, but it seems like a relevant story point to Valter’s character that should be highlighted more no?

Wasn’t there a counterpart of gungnir that was basically a cursed prototype? (idk i’m getting mythology and Fate mixed up) bc that could work as valter’s prf

Edit: wait, i’m dumb, wrong hackrom lmao

1 Like

I mean a simple name like the Gae Bolg would be a cool enough reference… Spear isn’t exactly cursed, but it has some nasty tricks it can do, which is more than enough to convey “dangerous”.

1 Like

Thing is, “cursed” is kind of too vague of a phrase to build a weapon around since “cursed” can mean so many things. Possible identifiers for cursed include but are not limited to.

1. Skill: life or death, being +10 might -10 defense can work as cursed.
  2. Devil effect, kinda pointless but is the generic “cursed” weapon effect.
  3. Nosferatu Effect, blood drinking weapons are considered cursed.
  4. God aweful hit, self explainitory.
  5. Being effective against all units that aren’t monster units, too broken to be allowed.
  6. Poison coated but that poison inflicts sleep/silence/stone.
    7.inflicts multiple “seal” effects on hit namely seal speed, defense and strength/magic.

I could go on, but those are the big ones I can immeadiately rattle off.

1 Like

A fury skill would also be a nice fit, since the idea of this particular curse seems to be raw power gained at the cost of lost sanity and heightened bloodlust so I’m thinking:

• A buffed Fury… Like a +4 to everything.
  • Decently high might, around 10.
  • Decently high weight around 13 or so, just so he has to invest to get doubles online.
  • 1-2 range
  • Either a high number of uses, or straight up unbreakable.
1 Like

All the above ideas are pretty good. Here’s my idea :-
Reaperastra (Any better name you might think ? Go ahead) : Mt : 19, Hit : 70, Crit : 10, Wt 11, Range 1-3, Uses : – (Will always do 16 damage regardless of Valter’s strength. Nosferatu effect and inflicts 10 damage to user after every battle. -15 luck.)

Description : A spear which acts on the scent of blood. Reaps the prey and the predator. (Would be good if weapon’s stats were invisible.)

My ideas are based upon Sacred Stones Redux (Gungir), Code of Black Knight (Hades) and Order of Crimson Arm (Belial).

Side Note : Does Valter move ? Because I think he should move. Maybe he should appear after Caellach is defeated to act as the main boss for map.

1 Like

Actually no he doesn’t move and he should… Maybe he should spawn a few turns in and start to move after 2 or 3 more turns.

Your idea is nice, but I don’t agree with making weapons stats invisible as information is key to fights in FE.

This was the hackrom i was thinking, i got mixed up and thought i was responding to that thread lmao

Yeah…i’ve also recently found out that the monster-slaying weapons Sacred Redux had, were legitimate weapons from the original game, but only available in the japanese version that was linked at the time to a Jump Fiesta event. So Bright Lance, Beacon Bow, Shadowkiller and Fiendcleaver are all legitimate weapons that can be added here aswell.

@adalvar @ReturnOfTheBlackKnight @Aeroponce
Honestly I think far too many of us are getting ahead of ourselves here, some of these ideas while neat would heavily bust one of the most irksome maps in all of sacred stones.

Think about how much more frustraiting having valter suddenly move with a BS 1-3 range weapon on the turn after ephraim/erika join the fray, whom he will likely bullrush and oneshot.

For example, for the lance described to work like that Valter need 0 strength and the lance itself to pierce defense. Valter himself is actually fairly fast and has Impale normally, so for anyone to survive him with that exact lance they either need over 48 hp or to be faster then him AND have high enough luck or good enough supports to not be crit, while avoiding any proc skills.

It’s just too much. Basically Valter gets one or the other, to move or a stupid personal weapon that isn’t fun to fight.

Personally I don’t think there should be enemy exclusive personal weapons that are that strong, above average sure but not so strong it isn’t even funny.

The strongest weapon I have in the older version of the rom I have is Basilikos a Creature Campaign exclusive weapon that has Identical Might and Hit while being 1 range with 13 weight and 0 crit. Hell all the weapons that have higher then 15 Might are either sacred weapons or are creature campaign locked, so valter randomly having a weapon that matches one of the postgame weapons is honestly unacceptable.

1 Like

I mean I get your point to an extent but I think all of the concepts talked can be implemented if done so with care.

Valter either in vanilla or in this hack is far from being a challenge so he has decent but of room for improvement… Non-throne bosses should not be stationary, it makes no sense either story or game play wise. Have Valter either spawn or start moving with reinforcements after defeating Caellach. By then you should have your army reunited and with control of the top half of the map. This is one of the major chapters in the last leg of the campaign so it should have a spike in difficulty and a few twists and turns…most of the campaign needs a higher level of difficulty overall.

Besides my idea for a weapon does come with drawbacks, no crazy Impale or anything, just a Stat booster with a drawback attached, has 10 might, 13 weight, no crit, lowerish Hit and is 1-2 range, not 1-3. Again one of the issues in both versions of the game is how much it backloads both a sizeable chunk of its difficulty and access to more exotic content into post game.

Besides this would be a boon for him, once you get him in Creature Campaign. His skill spread is decent, but not over the top (Daunt - Canto+ - Fiery Blood - Pursuit - Luna - Lancebreaker)… His stats are middle of the pack even in hard mode… And he oddly comes with a Luna tome in his final chapter so there’s that. He needs a good bit of extra spice, especially when compared to the monster that is CC Caellach

I was more saying giving Valter

That plus moving would be too much. if not completely unfair since his movement range is so large.

Honestly neither him nor callelach need anything special since they’re extra CC units.
Not everyone is going to even do that to begin with.

Maybe but before that, both are major enemies. Valter is the first major antagonist that the twins go up against and he has a decent amount of build up across the campaign as a force to be reckoned with, the only person to injure Seth. Only to end in wet fart of a boss battle. Caellach is the same, except tied to Joshua… And is also a wet fart. Besides one good about this hack is that CC are awesome and key additions to your post game army