[FE7] [Rewrite] Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword

Neither of them seem like combatant types to me. So I don’t think that either of them would be able to logically join the army.

I guess one other suggestion is Bernard being recruitable. Maybe have Eliwood talk to him and tell Bernard about Darin involvement with the Black Fang. And Darin leaving Bernard to die. To this Bernard decide to join Eliwood army to get revenge on Darin for deceiving him and other laus soldiers. What about that?

I think with him it’s a similar situation to Selena from Sacred Stones or Gale from The Binding Blade. He’s hopelessly loyal to the point he’ll follow his Marquess’s orders no matter what they are. In fact, he’s probably even less likely to switch sides than either of them, as there’s nothing in the story I can remember that hints at something that might persuade him. Such as Selena learning her kind emperor has been replaced by a zombie or Gale’s girlfriend Milady being on Roy’s army.

Can recuit both IIoyd and linus ( no need to kill 1 of them?)

Haven’t thought that far, but Lloyd is certainly plausible, there’s evidence in the original to suggest he would have joined if the player had gotten to him with Nino sooner.

Aren’t both Lloyd and Linus the Camus archetype of this game though?

Yeah there are. I pretty sure they are the Camus archetype.

I would say no, they aren’t fighting you even though they know you’re in the right, they’re fighting you because they think you’re either evil or you killed their brother, sure the Reed brothers are good people but they’re certainly not like any of the Camus.

1 Like

Yeah, and he literally says he acknowledges the brutality of Laus’ actions in his death quote.

lol Bernard was the Camus all along.

1 Like

That is true. So why not make Bernard recruitable then?

I’d say it’d be easier to make Erik recrutable than Bernard.

Hi guys, been a while.

I haven’t had much time to work on this lately due to real life commitments, so I’ve only just started working on chapter 5.

In the meantime, I’ve created a Discord server alongside my co-writer for any interested peeps who follow the project to join.