[FE7] [RELEASED] Fire Emblem: The Blazing Silver PME (Update v1.0b Out!)

Here another story bit for the end of Chapter 15/16 Noble Lady of Caelin. Madoka confronts both Adira and Dreyfus inside Castle Caelin alone.

(Outside of Castle Caelin)
Thorne: General! We have the castle surrounded. How shall we approach this?
Quincy: Well Lord Thorne, i suggest i send in my soldiers in first to apprehend both Lord Dreyfus and Lady Adira.
Aireth: I don’t know about that. But it not like we get any other option available.
Quincy: Agree.
Madoka: … I must go in there.
Anthea: What!
Quincy: Huh? Marquess Pherae! You can’t be serious about this?!
Thorne: My lady. Are you sure about this?
Madoka: Yes Thorne. I must face both Adira and Dreyfus alone. It’s is my duty as marquess to bring those two in.
Thorne: If that is what you think you should do, then i will go along with it.
Aireth: As do i as while marquess.
Quincy: No we absolutely cannot do this!
Anthea: Yeah i actually have to agree with General Quincy for once.
Thorne: General. We have to at least give this a shot. If Lady Madoka can pull this one off, then we kill two birds with one stone.
Madoka: Absolutely.
Quincy: … Permission granted.
Anthea: What! General no!
Quincy: But if we don’t hear anything back from you then we come right in to save you.
Madoka: Thank you General.
Anthea: This is super risky. We shouldn’t do this. Can’t i at least come with you?
Madoka: No Princess Anthea. This is something i have to do alone.
Anthea: But i…
Madoka: Stay out here. I will be fine.
(Madoka slowly approaches the entrance to Castle Caelin.)
Madoka: Part of me is kindly worrying if i should really go through in doing this. But i have to. It’s like what Thorne said. If i arrested both Marquess Laus and Zem here, then the rebellion will be weakened dramatically.

(Inside Castle Caelin)
Soldier: What going on out there?
Soldier 1: I do not calculate why the Lycian army hasn’t break in to take back the castle from us.
Soldier: They must be planning something out there.
Soldier 1: Without the doubt.
(Madoka Enter)
Soldier: Hold it stop right there!
Soldier 1: Wait! That Marquess Pherae herself!
Madoka: Lay down your weapon. I come here with no weapons to defend myself. All i want is to see both Marquess Laus and Zem at this very moment right now. I won’t hurt you, nor will harm come upon you. All you have to do is step aside and let me through.
Soldier: Ohhh. I can’t bring myself to hurt her. Not even under Lady Adira orders.
Soldier 1: Me to. Let just get out of here before General Algernon had us executed for this.
(Both Soldier and Soldier 1 leave)
Madoka: Both Adira and Dreyfus should be in the throne room. Time to stop the both of them here.

Madoka: Marquess Laus! Marquess Zem! Surrender now! It is over!
Dreyfus: Crap! She made it through your troops! Now if i was in charge of this attack, this would have never happened with my soldiers.
Adira: Shut up you imbecile!
Madoka: The both of you have no where else to go from here. The only change to be spare with your life intact is to surrender.
Dreyfus: What… we lost.
Adira: No way! We can’t lose here! Especially not to some pacifist crybaby such as yourself Marquess Pherae!
Madoka: You don’t get any other choice in the matter. My allies will be here shortly. And nether of you will be spare until them. This is your last chance to come clean with me.
Adira: I will never admit defeat! I would rather die than let you beat us!
Madoka: Then it would seem the two of you have made you choice.
Adira: ……
Robin: Batter Up!
Madoka: Huh?
(Robin appears out in the nowhere and smash a glass bottle to the back f Madoka head knocking her out.)
Adira: What the hell?!
Robin: I just can’t with you people. Always with the monologue and crap like that. When all you have to do is your damn job. Oh well. It makes my part a hell a lot easier.
Adira: Robin! What did you do?!
Robin: Relax she not dead, at least not yet anyway. This is your chance to get the hell out of here now, and return to my master.
Dreyfus: Ohhh i see. Well done Robin.
Adira: Wait! What about Castle Caelin?!
Robin: You army will stay behind and fight off against the Lycians with their life.
Adira: Of course. Very well then. General Algernon!
Algernon: Yes my lady!
Adira: I’m placing you in charge of the castle while I’m gone. Do not let the Lycians take back the castle.
Algernon: As you wish Lady Adira.
(Algernon Leave)
Dreyfus: What are we gonna do with Marquess Pherae? Shall we take her with us?
Robin: No.
Dreyfus: What but!
Robin: We have everything we need to complete our goal back at the Dread Isle. She is in no use to us.
Dreyfus: But i could…
Robin: That’s enough out of you two! Head to the Dread Isle now!
Adira: Of course Robin.
Dreyfus: Grrr… Fine.
(Both Adira and Dreyfus Leaves)
Robin: You there.
Soldier: Yes Master Robin.
Robin: Throw Marquess Pherae in the dungeon with the other prisoners here. This castle must not fall back into our enemy hands at once.
Soldier: Yes sir. It will be done Master Robin.

5 Likes

So! Because we have just 4 bosses left, I’m officially removing the boss submission limit!
Anyone can now make a submission to replace either Migal (Taken), Beyard (Taken), Zagan (Taken) or Boies (Taken)!
Thanks a lot again for all the submissions guys! :sparkling_heart:

Now lemme just reinforce about the remaining NPCs, to be clear who can replace who:

• @Taylor as you replaced Lyn you can also submit a replacement for Reissmann.
  • @Dex as you replaced Matthew you can also submit a replacement for Leila.
  • @Mintywater as you replaced Marik you can also submit a replacement for his subordinate Igor.
  • @AnneEgge as you replaced Bartre you can also submit a replacement for the cameo of Sophia.
  • And @MaxTheUltimateSwordmaster remember that you can still post a replacement for Child Roy!

And that’s that! Soon enough I’ll make the post about the class bases, dragonstone stats & possibly other mechanics. Until later on today. :star:

3 Likes

Can Chidori (Zuiho’s tome) get effectiveness against fliers? Like since it is named 1000 birds it having an effectiveness like that could fit. (Plus it makes Zuiho’s tome more unique.)

Wouldn’t it make more sense for Hawkeye to submit a replacement for the Sophia cameo, seeing as Hawkeye has a special conversation in there, and not Bartre?

Ah, is it about Aureola Tritra? I completely missed about renaming it to Chidori, and I’m not sure if i was gonna be able to rename it since Aureola will also appear on the final boss (Gabriel) inventory and i was thinking at first that having the final boss with an Aureola in it’s inventory would help in creating more implications about how it’s a holy being (unless @FuriousHaunter is okay with me renaming Aureola to Chidori).
I can however have the tome be effective against fliers (pegasus & wyvern riders) no problem.

I actually completely missed the special interaction between Hawkeye & Sophia. The reason i made Bartre & Karel replacers be able to replace the cameos is because both of these two units also appear in FE6, so i just thought appropriate. But if you want to leave it to Hawkeye replacer then np Anne! @Taylor if you wish you can also replace the cameo Sophia.

3 Likes

Slot: Boies
Name: Jared
Class: Lance Cavalier
Affinity: Ice
Portrait:
IMG_3699
Credit to HauntRS_0337 for the recolor/edit

Description: A knight of Laus and subordinate to Knull.
Battle Quote: Insignificant trash! You cannot hope to win against the regime at this rate! I Lieutenant Jarod, will not fall here!
Death Quote: Damn you… Captain… Knull…
Personality: Jarod is a knight serving House Laus and the subordinate to Captain Knull. Yet he despises his superior captain.
Inventory: Heavy Spear. Short Spear. Dracoshield

Boon: Str
Bane: Res

Slot: Zagan
Name: Pallardó
Class: Thief
Affinity: Dark
Portrait:
IMG_8525
Credit to CanDy

Description: A former merchant leading a kidnap attempt on Madoka.
Battle Quote: Oh dear. It’s would have seem i may have failed to kidnap the marquess. But i still got all this loot with me. Might as well skedaddle while i have a chance.
Death Quote: I knew… i should have just stay… as a merchant… the money would have come… eventually…
Personality: If you play Three Houses then you should know who Pallardó is. If not well here a link that should help you fill in.
Inventory: Runesword. Talisman. Secret Book. Angelic Robe

Boon: Skl
Bane: Lck

3 Likes

I don’t care too much though if you want to, you could just copy paste the tome to an unused item slot, rename it and remove effectiveness.

Again i don’t really care, I think the Idea is still carried over, I only suggest using an alt version cause effectiveness would make fliers very bad, but maybe that’s fine anyway lol.

2 Likes

This one looks like itll be a fun one. Cant wait to try it!

2 Likes

Oh. I thought Zuiho got her own tome… Okay, if it is the final boss tome, I guess it works without effectiveness. (Because that would be dumb lol. Unless we make it’s effectiveness classes that the player cannot have so when the final boss has it’s, it’s no problem.)

2 Likes

If it’s alright with you @TritraSerpifeu, i would love to just have it be vanilla Aureola as prf tome for Zuiho (as well as Gabriel’s inventory as Furious said). It will still be effective against Dezdana (eff vs evil monsters) only if it’s alright with you, plus I’ll reduce it’s weight a little so Zuiho can wield it better.
ALSO since Zuiho rejoins in Victory or Death, I’m planning of her receiving Aureola right there instead of final chapter only, since Olympus already has his inventory full, so she even gets to use it a little earlier than vanilla Aureola. :star:

2 Likes

I suppose that works. It also fits that she has the same weapon as the final boss. I also currently think about miku’s death like in vanilla FE7. Like maybe Miku has a powerful form that is akin to the final boss, a form where she loses shape and looks like something barely able to be understood. Maybe that is where Miku produces the tome Zuiho will wield.

2 Likes

If you lower it’s weight you’ll also have to lower Gabriel’s con the same amount. to keep the speed loss.

2 Likes

Dev Log #4a
So, I finally get to talk about the class stats & dragonstones! (Will talk about other mechanical things later in letters b and possibly c)

Let’s start with the classes:

So I have to admit that I’m not the most hardcore FE player & I had to analyze extremely hard all of them so they become as ‘balanced’ as possible, and I ended up with the following stat distribution:

• Unpromo Class Bases: Total of about 40 to 46 Sum (Including HP & Con, Excluding Luck).
  • Promo Gains: 18 Sum (Again Including HP & Con, Excluding Mov).
  • Promo Class Cap Stats: Total Sum of 28 added on unpromo 20 (Pow, Skl, Spd, Def, Res).

So it might be definitely hard on how to understand what does all those numbers mean ‘Mason!’ lol.
Lemme give as an example the Mercenary/Champion classes:

• Mercenary [M] Bases: HP 19 Pow 4 Skl 5 Spd 7 Def 3 Res 0 Con 8
  • Mercenary [F] Bases: HP 17 Pow 3 Skl 6 Spd 9 Def 2 Res 2 Con 7

As you can see both of the male & female totals sum up to 46, as said in the unpromo bases. Now:

• Champion Promo Gains (M & F): HP 3 Pow 2 Skl 2 Spd 3 Def 3 Res 2 Con 3 (Total 18)
  • Champion [M] Bases: HP 22 Pow 6 Skl 7 Spd 10 Def 6 Res 2 Con 11
  • Champion [F] Bases: HP 20 Pow 5 Skl 8 Spd 12 Def 5 Res 4 Con 10
  • Champion [M] Caps: Pow 26 Skl 28 Spd 26 Def 25 Res 23 (28 On Top Of Unpromos 20)
  • Champion [F] Caps: Pow 25 Skl 28 Spd 27 Def 24 Res 24 (28 On Top Of Unpromos 20)

And that’s that, i really do hope that it might be easy(?) to understand a little of how the classes stat numbers will look in the hack. One thing that i would love to know is, if making the bases of the promoted classes like that is the right call, because these are the ones that the prepromoted units will get it from other than their personal bases, if MAYBE they should be just a little big higher in some areas.
Lemme give as an example Amelia (doubles as a unit screenshot!):

fe7theblazingsilverbetadevlog04

Compared to vanilla FE7 Marcus, who sum of stats (including HP & Con) totals 109, Amelia’s sum of stats totals 113, basically being just about the same overall.
I do hope that this looks like the best way for these classes to work, again i analyzed super hard so that they look the best & most sense sounding, and i hope in the hack release they feel great to play, as they are basically the same as vanilla with a few touch ups from my playtesting. :pray:

8 Likes

Dev Log #4b

Now, about the Dragonstones at long last too! These will be their stats in the hack:

• Firestone - Might 5 Hit 80 (Unsellable)
    Pow +5 Skl +10 Def +5 Res +5
  • Icestone - Might 5 Hit 80
    Pow +5 Skl +5 Def +10 Res +5
  • Galestone - Might 5 Hit 80
    Pow +5 Skl +5 Spd +5 Def +5 Res +5
  • Magistone - Might 5 Hit 80
    Pow +5 Skl +5 Def +5 Res +10
  • Darkstone - Might 10 Hit 70 (Poisons Target)
    Pow +5 Skl -5 Spd -5 Def +5 Res +5
  • Divinestone - Might 10 Hit 90 (Eff vs Nergal/Dezdana)
    Pow +5 Skl +10 Spd +5 Def +10 Res +10

So these are their stats & stat boosts. To be clear, all of the dragonstones besides the Firestones can be sold, the Firestone specifically not being able to be sold is so that Manaketes always have a basic dragonstone to be able to attack (plus all Manaketes that were submitted for the hack will always start with a Firestone). The other dragonstones you’ll be able to obtain thorough the chapters in both the ‘PME’ patch as well as the ‘Vanilla Base’ patch, villages, chests etc. However since obviously there is no playable manaketes in vanilla, the dragonstones there will basically just be shop fodder.

The Icestone, Galestone and Magistone will be able to be bought in one of the secret shops in case a player miss any of them. The Darkstone and Divinestone however are special cases to be obtained late-game.

The idea of the Darkstone is that it’s a very difficult dark power for normal manaketes to control, hence why the Skl & Spd penalty (a price for it’s higher Might & ability to poison targets for DoT effect).

Finally, all dragonstones will deal magic damage, against target’s Resistance. I know that most of dragonstones in vanilla FEs do physical damage - against target’s Defense - instead, but i’m not sure if it will make that much sense here since all of them are elemental attacks (Magistone for example grant Res boost as you can see).

And that’s that! Phew! Hope these stats & stat boosts makes sense, again i made them with having Manaketes in the early game in mind (such as Tulli herself). Feel free to comment if anyone has any input on them. :+1:

4 Likes

Maybe we can add enemy manakete’s towards endgame. Like if manakete’s exist, the enemies probably have them too.

3 Likes

Alright, the final bosses slots are covered.

Slot: Migal
Name: Ursus
Class: Marauder
Affinity: N/A
Portrait:
{CapibaraInSpace} F2U OC 24

Credits: CapibaranInSpace
Description: A mountain bandit leader.
Battle Quote: Grrr! It can be that difficult to kill these fools! I will do it myself!
Death Quote: Y-you… You will… pay for… this…
Personality: Your average bandit leader: cunning, brutish and has no qualm in killing or abducting innocents.
Inventory: Steel Axe, Hand Axe
Boon: HP
Bane: SPD
Slot: Beyard
Name: Gretel
Class: Archer
Affinity: N/A
Portrait:
{Ghostblade913} OC Female Brigand Scar

Credits: Ghostblade913
Description: A low-ranking thug from the Black Fang
Battle Quote: I can’t fall Lady Caroline… Not a second time.
Death Quote: D-damn it…
Personality: A small time crook, not too smart nor strong. Quite the coward.
Inventory: Iron Bow, Vulnerary (droppable)
Boon: STR
Bane: HP

7 Likes

Yeah. And even if they are flaws in the hack’s play style. We still have room in v.2 to improve the gameplay.

2 Likes

Will we got all the boss slots all filled out. Now all there is left is just the npc Reissmann, Leila, Igor, Sophia and Child Roy. And one more thing. Has anyone have done those disguise portraits for Thorne, Anthea, Aireth and Madoka yet?

Cause i feel like we need those. I even already did a story bit on one for Chapter 23/24 Four-Fanged Offense right here.

3 Likes

Just to be clear, I don’t have any interest in replacing the Sophia Cameo. Personally, I think the Hawkeye replacer is better suited for replacing the Sophia Cameo, seeing as Hawkeye has a special conversation when he visits the ruins she is in.

2 Likes

Slot: Leila
Name: Delta
Class: Peg knight
Affinity: Light
Portrait:
Kanna F2E OC 65
Credit to Kanna

Personalit: A spy that’s known for her silent flight. Her past is unknown to anyone but her life belongs to Xilian. Even due to her being bound down she is extremely cheerful outside of her work. Otherwise she is completely silent.

3 Likes