[FE8] Port FE7 to FE8 [NEW VERSION]

Guys. Sorry I was offline. Do you have a discord for this?

I am working on the tutorials for the moment.

Guys. should I make a discord for the project?

Sure, why not? Will it be a private one or a public one?

letā€™s make it semi-private for now. We invite people who are interested in working on the hack

Very good, do it.

Tbh, if you skipped the tutorials entirely, I doubt anyone would even remotely miss them.

1 Like

It is a feature that can be replicated, so it will be. I wish we could just skip stuff tho, because then I would redesign the problemchapters in the game.

1 Like

Share your event or the .ups and Iā€™ll take a look and see if I can fix that for you. There are a few ways to do conversation cutscenes and I canā€™t know the issue without seeing the event.

I currently do not have the up to date patch. So when/if I get it back and the issue still persists, then I will let you take a look at it. Thanks for the offered help.

I fixed the error with CG

2 Likes

These two things are not equivalent. Skipping adding the tutorials is extremely low impact in terms of ā€˜things the player misses out onā€™ while itā€™s high impact in terms of ā€˜things that require time to add.ā€™ Nobody plays the tutorials past their first time in FE7ā€¦ nobody. The point of having this rebuild in the first place is almost entirely going to be for rom modders who want to work with FE7, but who also want all the cool FE8 innovations. You might also get a minute sliver of people who just want to play it for the novelty factor.

And when you look at your potential playerbase, or rather, the base of people who will actually put this project to use, you realize itā€™s almost entirely going to be people who have played the game one or more times, who now modify it for fun along with the other games, and so on. Itā€™s not going to be Random Joe Blow who has never played FE in his life, who also happens to need a tutorial guiding his hand.

Meanwhile, redesigning and revamping chapters is actually a big time tradeoff. It will take a lot more work, and while the payoff will also be bigger, game design is very subjective. You might drastically improve those chapters in the eyes of some people, but you might also make them worse. Unlike adding tutorials, which is a net 0 (because nobody cares or will use them) revamping chapters will actually add an increasing time cost to this project, and could, but not necessarily would, have a negative impact on how people perceive the project.

Oh, and thereā€™s also the purism angle. For purists, who only want to see raw FE7, they still are 0.01% likely to care about tutorials, while making chapter modifications would defo be a dealbreaker for those people.

Ultimately though, itā€™s your project, so just make sure youā€™re having fun with whatever you do. Donā€™t turn it into a fulltime job and burn yourself out. Nobody wants to see that!

2 Likes

Yeah, if you decide to port the tutorial, why not do that last? Might as well prioritize whatā€™s more useful.

That is basically what I plan on doing personally. I cannot speak for everyone else working on the project tho.

1 Like

I had to update the topic I added a link for go a folder in my Google Drive where is most of the assets we use for the project if it isnā€™t used in the repository.
All is f2u and f2e. Was get obtained from the original roms and other fonts. If it has a ā€œby NAMEā€ that person was who gets the asset if is not so were I who get the assets.

Hey guys, Iā€™m looking for people who want to be beta tester of the project, if you want to be one send me a private message.

Make a discord

The discord is already there, just to send the invitation.

1 Like

Where

Summary