Firstly, I have no idea where this category should be placed in so I took a shot in the dark. If this has been misplaced I am happy to comply.
Secondly, I have decided to take it upon myself to untangle the messy story that is Fire Emblem 7.
Currently, there is no work for this idea as I have other things to focus on, but sooner or later I intend to post my own take on Fire Emblem 7 with updated story threads, character motivations, and such.
I don’t mean to just take Fire Emblem 7 and give it a completely new story or rewrite all the dialogue. Instead, I have a few goals with a few rules.
- Maintain all character personalities and basic motivations, and keep the story, at its core, what it’s truly about. Although Lundgren is a simple villain, for example, he does not need to have an “updated” character motivation to make him better.
- Fix plotholes and decide which what should stay and what should be adjusted. Naturally, this point will raise the most eyebrows, because some things really will have to be changed. An example is with the entire mess that is the Bern arc that nobody really understands. Priority will first and foremost be given to explanations for what happens with vanilla gameplay.
- This really should go without saying, but fix translation issues.
- Don’t add things that don’t need to be added. Yes, as much as we all love Renault and want his backstory expanded on a little more, the intention is NOT to create a fanfiction, but to do Intelligent System’s work for them and tell the story they were most likely trying to tell from the beginning.
- No gameplay will be adjusted. Period. In fact, it might just be text-based only for easy compatibility with other FE7 rebalance projects, but if changes are necessary in order to adhere to above rules as closely as possible, certain changes to events may need to be made…
As a side, I will probably make a separate rebalance patch later.
Although I may not actually have this project available for display, I highly encourage feedback for this concept and if you want to spit out some plotholes of FE7, then that would make my job easier. I do not have any intention to discuss what exactly I will be doing to fix each individual plothole, but once the project is complete I can make a spoilered list probably exactly where this section is.