FE7 - Another Rebalance/Rehaul - Version 3!

BTW, I’ve been made aware that the save files I packaged in don’t work properly for some reason, I simply used the Gameshark save from GameFAQs and imported it into VBA to make the save.

Also; Emblem Seals don’t work in Lyn’s mode, thanks ltranc for letting me know. Builder won’t let me play around in those addresses currently without adding a bunch of garbage, so I will probably give Wil a ‘training’ bow (Ala Rolf) for Lyn’s part of the story to compensate if it’s a wide spread issue.

1 Like

Couldn’t you just unlock all modes from the start though?

1 Like

I don’t know what it is, but that patch seems to mess with the main menus. Specifically the the slot where Transfer Data is at, pressing it with the patch drops you into Lyn’s prologue but all of the units are ally, causing crashes and softlocks. That’s why I opted to give a save instead.

Weird. Oh well, I always play normal mode anyways-

1 Like

Is this hack still active in any way? I’ve been playing it and I thought it was really good but I’d love to see a full changelog

1 Like

I’m still around, but I’ve been between a few different projects.

I couldn’t really give you a changelog in its current state because I nitpicked through basically everything over the course of two months and one dangerous illness recovery, but when I make 1.1 I aim to basically remake it to clean up and optimize the patch further, so maybe then I can log more of the minor changes. Though it might need to be marked in two logs, as some I feel are spoilers and it seems like people enjoy how ‘different’ it is in subtle ways to the vanilla game.

I’m also contemplating doing the same sort of rebalance to FE8, but I haven’t put the same kind of time into that game as I have 7, so I don’t know if, say, the weapon balance would do as well there.

1 Like

Cool. I hope you’re doing better.

1 Like

Spoiler Log; might not have remembered everything right off as I rebuilt it, as I typed it out at work as I built at home.

Awesome! Can’t wait to give this a try and I’m really sorry if I sound stupid but can you explain to me exactly the differences and how to get the different branching chapters? I wanna be 100% on them before I play. Thanks for all you’re hard work!

1 Like

There isn’t much difference in reality.

Spoiler

Though Linus’s map is much easier to get than Lloyd’s now.

Oh, editing accidentally put this at the top of the stack again, my bad, that was unintentional.

Uh. While I’m here then, I seem to have missed a few enemies in Eliwood Hard on Linus/Geitz’s map, so there’s about 8 enemies who were not fixed with the right stats or weapons.

Also somehow I feel like I made Eliwood Hard a little harder than Hector Hard, probably because you need to concentrate EXP resources a little tighter as it doesn’t spam as many enemies.