FE6 Reverse Recruitment, Except It's In FE8

V1.1:

V1.2:

A slightly silly idea I’d had in my head for a while. Basically, take the popular Reverse Recruitment hack (in which characters who join last, join first, and vice-versa), and transplant the cast into a separate game (in this case, FE6’s cast into FE8).

Join Karel and his merry band of ex-prepromotes in a cross-universe quest to defeat Princess Shanna of Grado and her Imperial Generals, such as Lugh The Moonstone & Zelot The Tiger Eye!

Some notes:

• Recruitment order is mostly based on the newer FE6 RR patch by Itranc. Stats are mostly 1-to-1, with a couple alterations when applicable (ex. Shin, who replaces Dozla, is a prepromoted Ranger instead of an unpromoted unit). Creature Campaign units are included.
  • Playtested up through Chapter 5x.
  • Door & Chest Keys boosted to 5 & 3 Uses respectively. Garret has been given a Door & Chest Key as well.
  • Fae starts with a Rotten Claw & Poison Claw so you can actually use her long-term outside her Stone, both have their stats shown in descriptions.
  • The Ch.3 stealables are now droppable.
  • Ch. 5x has some extra goodies so you can flex your new Thief.

Credit:

• Lenh/ObsidianDaddy for FE6 Blink Portraits.
  • Itranc for making the FE6RR patch that inspired this.
  • 2WB for the FE6 Divinestone sprite rip (V1.2)

Character Swaps (Spoilers!)

Summary

Erika → Karel
Seth → Yoder
Franz → Dayan
Gilliam → Juno
Vanessa → Niime
Moulder → Douglas
Ross → Zeiss
Garcia → Hugh
Neimi → Fae
Colm → Garret
Artur → Igrene
Lute → Sophia
Natasha → Cecilia
Joshua → Perceval
Ephraim → Melady
Forde → Cath
Kyle → Raigh
Orson → Bartre
Tana → Elffin
Amelia → Echidna
Innes → Larum
Gerik → Thea
Tethys → Klein
Marisa → Geese
L’Arachel → Gonzalez
Dozla → Shin
Saleh → Fir
Ewan → Wendy
Cormag → Oujay
Rennac → Barthe
Duessel → Lilina
Knoll → Astolfo
Myrrh → Noah
Syrene → Trec

Caellach → Zelot
Riev → Sue
Ismaire → Dorothy
Selena → Saul
Glen → Rutger
Hayden → Clarine
Valter → Lugh
Fado → Chad
Lyon → Shanna
Lot/Wade/Dieck/Elen/Lance/Bors/Wolt/Alen/Lance/Marcus/Roy: :cry:

Epic Screenshot:

Summary

V1.2 Changelog:

Summary
  • The Myrrh Dragonstone has been changed to Fae’s Divinestone (icon & flavor text change mostly aside from the reduced uses that Divinestone has compared to Myrrh’s stone).
  • A bug has been fixed where in Melady’s Ch. 9, Echidna would show up as a Recruit with her Axe Rank instead of a Fighter. She has accordingly been given an Iron Axe.
  • Fixed errors in Garret’s description.
  • Sieglinde & Siegmund have -3 Wt.
  • The Mage in Ch. 7 with an Energy Ring now drops it, since you don’t have a permanent Thief yet.
  • Melady has been given the Reginleif in her starting inventory instead of a Killer Lance. There is also now a droppable Reginleif in Ch. 8, since you don’t get any extra copies in vanilla for some reason.
  • Sophia and Raigh have had one of their Flux Tomes replaced by Evil Eye (so they have more Speed to offset their awful Con). Evil Eye also gives 1 WEXP and is E-Rank Dark instead of Rankless.
  • 5x Bartre now has an Elixir. Also Monica is replaced by… someone more fitting for Bartre.
  • To break up a bit of endgame monster spam, a few Necromancers (renamed Arcanists) are included among the generic enemies in the last three (non-Fomortiis) chapters, with slightly altered flavor text and +2 to their class bases to make them more of a threat.
  • All of Karel’s endings, along with the dialogue text for the Prologue & (most of) Chapter 1, have been updated to reflect the new characters. (There’s a lot of dialogue in this game and this patch was made late at night when I was too tired to go through the whole script; I may release further updates to change the rest if I feel up to it at some point, though.)
10 Likes

For anyone who’s still curious, I was able to capture some higher quality screenshots during my play testing run (I used my phone off my PC for the initial one which is why it’s lower quality). Spoilers ahead of course! And thank you to everyone who Hearted and is enjoying the patch already :slight_smile:

Summary

1 Like

So having done some more playtesting, I noticed a few things that could use touchups, plus a few small things that I figured could make the experience fun. Hence, V1.2!

Changelog:

Summary
  • The Myrrh Dragonstone has been changed to Fae’s Divinestone (icon & flavor text change mostly aside from the reduced uses that Divinestone has compared to Myrrh’s stone).
  • A bug has been fixed where in Melady’s Ch. 9, Echidna would show up as a Recruit with her Axe Rank instead of a Fighter. She has accordingly been given an Iron Axe.
  • Fixed errors in Garret’s description.
  • Sieglinde & Siegmund have -3 Wt.
  • The Mage in Ch. 7 with an Energy Ring now drops it, since you don’t have a permanent Thief yet.
  • Melady has been given the Reginleif in her starting inventory instead of a Killer Lance. There is also now a droppable Reginleif in Ch. 8, since you don’t get any extra copies in vanilla for some reason.
  • Sophia and Raigh have had one of their Flux Tomes replaced by Evil Eye (so they have more Speed to offset their awful Con). Evil Eye also gives 1 WEXP and is E-Rank Dark instead of Rankless.
  • 5x Bartre now has an Elixir. Also Monica is replaced by… someone more fitting for Bartre.
  • To break up a bit of endgame monster spam, a few Necromancers (renamed Arcanists) are included among the generic enemies in the last three (non-Fomortiis) chapters, with slightly altered flavor text and +2 to their class bases to make them more of a threat.
  • All of Karel’s endings, along with the dialogue text for the Prologue & (most of) Chapter 1, have been updated to reflect the new characters. (There’s a lot of dialogue in this game and this patch was made late at night when I was too tired to go through the whole script; I may release further updates to change the rest if I feel up to it at some point, though.)

Added Credits:
2WB for the FE6 Divinestone sprite rip

Happy playing, everyone!