FE6 no Gaiden patch?

Hey, I’ve tried to patch a clear rom of FE6 with NUPS and Tsukuyomi with this patch by Scraiza : Dropbox - FE6 No Gaiden Patch by Scraiza.ups - Simplify your life , but it didn’t work any idea ?
Also, NUPS said the file didn’t match, so maybe there’s something wrong with the patch ?

1 Like

Did you use the Japan rom or not?

1 Like

Oh yeah it was with a clean Japanese rom, I’ve also tried to patch with the translation patch with another rom and it worked.
So it’s not the fault of NUPS.

1 Like

I don’t know about that patch specifically, but NUPS makes checksum errors which you can just set it to ignore, so make sure you try that first.

If it doesn’t work, try opening the patch with FEBuilder and it’ll ask for the base ROM to patch it without errors (if your ROM does match). You can also use FEBuilder to check if your FE6 ROM is an unmodified copy in Settings → Version.

If none of the above works, it might be a problem with the patch itself, so you should report it to Scraiza.

2 Likes

Alright thanks I’ll try later.

So I did everything that Shuusuke mentioned :

• The FE6 rom was clean
  • The rom breaks when NUPS ignored the errors
  • FEBuilder couldn’t patch (with the latest version)

So I’ll ask Scraiza, but could I just delete the gaiden chapters with FEBuilder, without the game breaking ?