[FE6] FE6 - Dual Lords (V 0.9 Released)

Time for the 0.9 release. As far as when 1.0 will come out, it may be a bit. I realized these last couple days I have far too much of a perfectionist attitude, so I want to take care of that first.

The changes in this release (from vanilla) are :

• Lilina has a new lord class, can seize, is involved in story like Lyn or Hector in Eliwood’s campaign, has 2 prf weapons (both of these, and Roy’s Rapier, are given through events). like Roy, and it is game over if she dies (she is not required like Roy is).

• Lilina’s lord class can use staffs, Roy can use lances from the start of the game. Roy also promotes with Knight Crest. They both start with 6 move and get 7 upon promotion. Same for thieves(rogues). Bard/Dancer, and Fae’s manakete all have with 6 move.

• Male and Female Rogue class has been added. They promote with Hero’s Crest.

• Status Staffs are dead (unusable). All player obtainable status staffs are replaced with Physic.

• “Bad” units like Roy have had their growths redistributed, and some had bases boosted. A few units like Hugh, Oiger, Barth, Astolfo, and Sophia are pre-promotes. All units come at a (hopefully) reasonable level for the time they join.

• Fog of War removed.

• Ambush reinforcements moved to player turn. Along with this, repeated reinforcements removed. In the late game the one and only wave is promoted.

• Throwing Axe animations use regular (bigger axes)

• A few small map changes. These include annoying mechanics like desert treasures were removed from ch. 14 and spread out through out the game, Sacae ch 18 random reinforcement removed. Sacae ch 19 made easier to traverse (shown in screenshots), Chapter 20x of Sacae only has one seizable point, Ch 21x chests actually have treasure and are not trapped, and 12x “treasures” (besides the white gem) have been changed to red gems.

• Gaiden (x) chapter requirements overhauled. No turn limit, and the only living unit requirements are from the chapter before the gaiden (no more forgetting to recruit Ziess).

• Final battle redesigned. Screenshot at bottom of post. Nothing is effective vs final boss, but it is always treated as if you beat final boss with the binding blade.

• route splits chosen by yes/no prompt. Optional casual mode available the same way.

• Staffs give 20 exp as default (double) and staffs only take 10 uses to rank up.

• Cit boost was disabled and killer weapons and wo dao’s crit was lowered by 10 points.

• Fae’s dragonstone has 50 uses and more can be bought for 15k a piece from both secret shops.

• Hard mode option available from the beginning.

• Bows have 1-2 range, and only shortbow and aircalibur is effective vs fliers.

Other than what is listed, unless I forgot something, everything else is same as vanilla.

Now for the thanks :

• CedAodh for the changes to staff weapon exp.

• Whoever did FE6 Staff default EXP (no one currently listed in FEbuilderGBA)

• circleseverywhere & 7743 for the casual mode flag

• Hextator & 7743 for the 01command hack (used for loops in custom animations).

• TR143 for the optional fixed growths patch

• FE 6 analysis material for select-able hard mode from beginning

• And, of course Hextator & 7743 for the anti-huffman patch

DC version credits :

Weapon EX lock by 7743

Delphi shield negates all special effects by Fe6 analysis material.

Now for the link. Note that everything in the resources folder is free to use, so long as I am given credit for whatever part of it is mine in the end. Also, for those who don’t know the fixed growth version is a mod where growths are fixed, which tends to make the game less RNG dependent, but more difficult since you often end up with less stats at max level. Without futher ado here is the link :

Last, some screen shots :
1-7-24 9.11.51 AM

1-7-24 10.07.56 AM

DC version Screenshots :

Thanks all for the kindness you’ve shown me!
-Yerek

5 Likes

You have piqued my interest and I am readily awaiting the full release of this hack!

2 Likes

This looks like fun! The only qualms I have with it is the infinite durability. I’m not a big fan of that. Would there be a way to remove that?

1 Like

I thought about it, but since this hack is just me, it doesn’t seem plausible to make that by the end of this month. That change in particular would require a complete rebalance. However, over time I want to make a ‘community version’. I am aware my tastes are not typical, and want to make a version with changes the people who play it want. I will note this post as something to strongly consider for that version. As for when that would release, I simply can’t say yet.

Fair enough. I appreciate you even considering this because this seems so interesting! What other balances did you make for infinite durability besides the merchants?

1 Like

Items were reworked to try and make most items (iron and steel being the exception) good throughout the game. This included might, accuracy, and weight changes for all weapons. Idea being straight upgrades being rare. For example you could use a killer weapon with 1 less might than a steel weapon, or use a silver weapon for more consistent damage. To keep with those two as an example, due to killer weapons being so good, they also require A rank in that weapon type. Along with this is availability. You cannot get killer weapons until chapter 9 and there is only one of each killer weapon type in the game. Same with brave weapons (you get those much later). Other weapons like silver have two of each and are given relatively early, but take a while for anyone except pre promotes to be able to use due to weapon rank. Also, to make sure it was clear, only staves rank up in 10 uses. Weapons are unchanged in terms of WEXP gains. The starting a C rank was to make it so you have access to a few more weapons than only iron at the start. Namely iron, slim, and steel.