FE5 - Trouble with New Theory header modification

Before asking, make sure to search! Press the :mag: in the upper right to search.

I have been trying and failing to patch Thracia 776’s New Theory mod. It gives out a checksum error and im certain it has to do with headers.

As the readme says, the header should be FE5, however, it’s the means to change that header that are super confusing…

I have tried to use a wepbage but its in Japanese and I can legit make no sense of anything at all. I’ve also gotten a program called SNEStuff for the same function but, again, I’ve no idea how to make sense of it…

please please please help my dumbass patch this game please

1 Like

I dont know if phone screen shot help with it but here google translation

Icon “wybierz plik” is where you click to send tom
Also after you get rom keep it and make sure its end is .sfc other wise ROM will not work (i may be diffrent on pc but i try the foolproff option becuse i am idiot myself) also keep ROM with added headers so you dont need to do this many time (like me who needed to do this 5 times and still do not finish the run of game)

so what i’d have to do is change the rom’s name, put it in that webpage, and click addition? i’ll try it out.

edit: doesnt seem to be it… i think im not understanding how this works at all sorry haha

I click icon it shoud show your files select fe5 ROM click executed button and it shoud work(sorry about bad explaining my english is bad.)

oooookay i see what i was doing wrong…
i was adding the header AFTER patching not BEFORE !!

thank you so much Ignis, my lil polish guy
what would i have done without you

1 Like