[FE12] Old Mystery of the Emblem 2.0

That is correct. Gameplay only changes with the FE3 mechanics variant of the patch.

Hello I have a question, is it possible to stack the patches for FE12?

The ones I want to stack patch onto FE12 are: No Prologue and More Standard Terminology!

:blush:

It is impossible to apply multiple .xdelta files to the same rom. Trying to stack the patches will cause the checksum to fail.

Ahh, that’s a shame there, I’ll just stick to No Prologue patch then! :sweat_smile:

Hi, I’m trying to use my XDelta patcher to get my english patched ROM of New Mystery patched with the “More Standard terminology” patch but it didn’t work for some reason, keeps giving me checksum errors. Can anyone help me?

More Standard Terminology is to be applied to the base Old Mystery of the Emblem hack. There is no need to apply the patch to the “vanilla” English FE12: the Heroes of Shadow translation already uses all the relevant standardised terminology.

Oh so I need to patch my New Mystery Eng Patched ROM first with Old Mystery, then add “More Standard terminology” onto that? Got it, I’ll try that, thanks!

Finished playing OMotE and alongside the BSFE Archanea Saga Bonus Chapters a while back and I do enjoy alot without Kris the Self Insert Avatar alot more and while I don’t agree with the outdated Translation names, FE12 is alot enjoyable! I do hope someone makes a Box Art of FE12 OMotE someday~

If this is still a thing, do you plan to add back the following:

1. The greater diversity in enemy names like the Soothshires showing up in the Battle of the Pass/Chapter 18 and Gra soldiers appearing among Archanean troops in Return of the Prince/Chapter 15?
  2. The ladyblade’s effectiveness against barbarians and the Fire/Ice Dragons weakness to eachother?
  3. The original stats of the bosses and their high defense stats?

Controversial take: i liked these

1 Like

1: That would be desirable.
2: DSFE doesn’t have much in the way to play with for effective damage slots: there’s still an unused effective against ballista which I could repurpose for the Lady Sword, but elemental breath probably won’t be around.
3: That would likely come in a version that would nerf everyone’s growths back to FE3’s level and with the accompanying adjustments that would entail.

Do note that it might be a long, long time before I update this again: someone was making new FE12 tools years ago before dropping off the face of the earth, and Old Mystery as it stands is at about the limit of what I could do in 2020.

What can you not do with the current tools for FE3 and FE12?