[FE1+2] Divine Accord - Updates to the FE1 and FE2 patches

Greetings FEUniverse. This is a bit of a passion project with the aim of properly updating the translation patch for FE2, while also tying up some loose ends with my old FE1 patch from 2017. While I used Quirino’s translation as a base, FE1’s script was completely overhauled and given more polish to make it feel more like an officially localized game. FE2’s patch is a bit more straightforward; some things were rewritten, and the names were updated, but overall, Artemis’ original patch required less work.

Aside from the two patches, there is also some bonus content, such as scans of the world maps, mockup box art, a PDF describing the specific name changes, a small minigame that I wrote called Armored Knight Pong, and the readme, of course, listing all the changes in detail with full credits.

With FE1, there is also a separate patch that includes a thicker font, for convenience, preference, or for hardware play. I wanted to make one for FE2, but the strict character limits in that game make names like Mathilda and Luthier impossible. That said, there’s still a lot to be done. Feedback and criticisms are welcome.

v1.1 Download (Newest Version)

v1.0 Download

Screenshots

17 Likes

Very cool stuff

2 Likes

Hey, this looks familiar, ehehe

So glad to see it finally done and published! It was an honor testing it for you

1 Like

Epic gaming.

Will miss “the infamous General Dozer has initiated a coup” tho, some things are too iconic to replace

1 Like

Good work. My FE2 translation was somewhat controversial for min-maxing the amount of dialogue at the expense of nicer kerning, and this is a nice alternative for those who value different things when we unfortunately can’t have both due to space limitations, lack of workarounds like dictionary encoding because nobody hacks FE2 and FE2’s spaghetti code.

I mainly want to make sure that you rectified a particularly egregious error: the “group gained 1/2 exp” battle message is supposed to be the number of hits “Hits: 1/2” just like the first game. I’m not sure how Group experience is calculated, but its not by the number of hits.

1 Like

It was indeed rectified

4 Likes

I have released version 1.1, which fixed some of the errors and typos that were brought to my attention.

Is this patched to a headered or unheadered rom?

Hello, I played through with this patch recently, although I’m not sure if it the 1.1 so it’s possible these bugs might be corrected already, and came across a few errors in FE2

I tried uploading screenshots, and then linking to them, and it’s told me that I’m not allowed to. I literally just made my account so it’s possible I’m tripping some kind of spam protection

The NPC that promotes Celica in the desert fortress is being labeled as Blessed Sword

The text formatting for dead unit’s ending screens seems to be broken (in my case, Gray’s epilogue textbox contained “DragonMawRests in”)

Again, might already be corrected, I kept being unmotivated to make an account to report them here. Other than that, thanks for the work on the patch

1 Like

Holy crap dude! This is my first time using feuniverse forums, and I was actually going to upload my FE2 patch. I quite literally just finished and uploaded it to romhacking dot net and serensforest.

And wow! You did a lot more than my project got done! ALSO! I figured out how to edit the Credits text, and even constructed a python script that gives me the hex values that I can paste over the exact offsets.

I actually credited you in my patch because i used the same font you used for your FE1 Translation Addendum!

My patch uses an altered font table though. I did that so i could make the squished text look less jarring. However, it made it so i was unable to change Silk to Silque reliably. It would be great if maybe we can work together to get more stuff done! :))

I’m not allowed to link since i just made this account, but here’s the address to the forum post I made for my project: forums.serenesforest.net/topic/108317-fe2-updated-gaiden-english-translation

:)))))

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for the feedback. The thing with Irma’s name was corrected in v1.1. But I wasn’t aware with the formatting with the epilogue text box. I’ll be sure to fix that in the next update, thanks for letting me know ^^.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I saw you upload your patch in the FE5 Discord a few days ago and was meaning to get back to you so we could potentially collaborate, since I couldn’t figure out how to edit the cast roll text at the ending to save my life, lol.

That would be amazing! I actually just finished an update to my patch that takes inspiration from your patch :slight_smile: I reviewed your script for ideas, and I think I only borrowed a few lines, but there were so many coincidental similarities. It’s funny, you and I chose the same words in some spots to save space lol.

That FE5 discord patch I made is super duper outdated. I only meant for it to be a one-off patch, but I just started getting so into it! Check my Serensforest post for all the changes and the current version!