I didn’t rip all of the maps yet, but here is what I have currently:

Spoilered because they’re massive.

Maps 1-5

Ch1
Ch2

Maps 1-6

Maps 11-16

12 Likes

What a coincidence, I’ve started screenshoting every bit of text and translating the story (with google, so its quite terrible) and so far it seems to be decent and not as stereotypical as you’d expect. It’s not a serious project, I work on it when I feel like it. Of course, I’m saving and organizing the screenshots per chapter as well.

1 Like

Nice! Still hoping for a proper English patch someday, but it’s really nice to have rips of all these maps to look at!

Reincarnation of Light and Dark has always fascinated me, honestly. It’s one of the earliest Fire Emblem fangames out there, and it has a surprisingly-unique mechanical identity, too. I’d love to be able to play it with an actual understanding of the text sometime; Norikins’s post has me extra curious about the story, now, too.

this is awesome to see

Edit: If we’re posting stuff we’ve found about Super SLG, I found this webpage that maybe tells the game’s script? I’m not sure because I can’t read it of course. Google Translate gave me a rough idea of what’s happening though.

i think this might be the first time that i see sky tiles properly used in a FE game (maps 1-6).
it’s good to know that i’m not the only one (at least not usually) doing this kind of experiments with perspective~

Yes, this is it. It is incomplete though, for some reason chapter 1 has only a brief overview and not the actual text. I suppose I know what gaps I need to fill in.

Unfortunately, any sort of ingame translation is a long ways off. The vast majority of text is coded normally, with the exception of the GUI, which is just images of the text. Darrman was able to make his menu patch that way. My theory is that SKOB made it this way on purpose, so if they ever needed to localize it to sell in other countries, anyone could make a quick dirty menu edit to make it playable.

what is the story, if you don’t mind telling?