FE: Echoes, FE: Warriors: FE16, FE: Mobile, Erin - CONFIRMED

To be fair, Fire Emblem has grown dramatically, especially in the west. Also, it’s been, what, 25 years since Gaiden was originally released? Even with the Virtual Console releases in Japan in the interim, it’s entirely possible that the current generation of players over there didn’t even bother buying the VC version(s) because they’re young enough that the games feel “dated” with “old graphics” (etc.).

Releasing an updated version of the game is a great way to try and give the current generation of players (especially those in Japan that started with Awakening or Fates) another opportunity to actually play the game and it’s only a boon to Nintendo/Intelligent Systems that Fire Emblem has blossomed elsewhere since Shadow Dragon’s time, meaning that they’ve got a larger fanbase to offer the updated game to.

Plus, they’re building this on an adapted engine from a game that came out four years ago - it’s not like they have to build something new entirely from scratch. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if Shadows of Valentia’s development staff is a small(er) splinter from the main teams tasked with making something to fill the gap between Fates and FESwitch, so it’s probably not impacting FESwitch’s development much at all.

Now, if they remake Radiant Dawn or Shadow Dragon as an Echoes title, then you might have a point. If they stick to the really old games that are legacy enough to warrant updates AND space them out as fill-ins during the gaps between the new, mainline releases, then I don’t see what the problem is.

Also, calling it now (well, actually, I called it yesterday on Skype), watch out for Echoes: Inheritors of the Crusades and Echoes: Strife in Thracia as the titles for FE4/5’s eventual remakes in 2019 and 2021.

4 Likes

I wasn’t expecting the Gaiden remake at all. I thought I was just tuning in to see some Warriors information or something.

Absolute madmen.

3 Likes

Lets play, name what the echoes title might be! the contenders are

fe1/3/11/12 (all wrapped into one cause why not), fe4, fe5, fe6, fe7, and fe8! now bear in mind this isnt what might be the next one if this echoes theory thing is a thing, but rather what each of there subtitles might end up being!

I’ll start

fe1/3/11/12 - Legendary Emblem, or The Hero King. maybe.

fe4 - Inheritance of Light

fe5 - civil war! Tharcias Liberation

fe6 - Grudge of Dragons, Dragons Grudge

fe7 - War of Shadows (possibly a good one for fe5)

fe8 - Dark Revival

i am not very good at subtitles, derp

but seriously i wanna hear what people would think it would hypothetically be.

fe1/3/11/12 - Not This Shit Again

fe4 - Generations

fe5 - Despair

fe6 - Roy’s Adventure

fe7 - [nothing]

fe8 - Shadows of Valentia 2

6 Likes

perfect, 10/10, you will never escape fe1 and it will chase this series till its death.

We’ll be on the fifth FE1 remake and they still won’t acknowledge pantsless Marth

4 Likes

#MakeMarthPantlessAgain
that should be like special dlc in shadows of valentia or something.

1 Like

Marth, the Hero King. He appeared in Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~.… and elsewhere.

1 Like

hey hes the closest thing to a recognizable face this series has.

1 Like

I just realised that the release cycle for the new games is repeating itself. We’ve got two handhelds, another handheld to be released, and then another one coming out on console.

So we can reasonably expect the console game to perform averagely and then have a sequel that bombs, and then for the series to slowly decline after that, until the inevitable reboot in 10 years’ time.

3 Likes

Watch IS remove marriage and children mechanics, sales decline dramatically.

3 Likes

I wish to have more faith in humanity then that.

2 Likes

I think the reason why I am just so erked by it is just more that I’m not fond of any of the recent titles, so in my head they’ve done nothing good lately and are going to instead just sit on previous accolades.
It’s like Final Fantasy, if the 7 remake came after 12 I’d have no issue, but it came after the three 13 games and 14 so it just doesn’t sit right.

It’s just me, though, it seems.

1 Like

I can toats see why you would be wary ya. Fe13 and 14 were not all that spectacular, and if ya want to be cautious about it then i dont blame ya. Im gonna go with wary optimism though if only cause my gut feeling says this might not be that bad, and what was shown in the trailer looks alright as well. again cautious optimism though.

Lyn is at the top of the FEH poll

That means FE7 would be the next remake?

2 Likes

I’d feel bad for them to skip over Jugdral but it would be a logical move is SoV fails to sell.

Feels good to not have Lucina wipe the female vote again, either way.

1 Like

Lyn reclaims her rightful place as top waifu

2 Likes

Lyndis violates enemies with criticals. Gave her a Wa Dao one day, even Karel was scared. Would like to see that fight, Blade Lord Lyndis vs Sword Demon Karel.

lucina is 2nd tho