FE copypasta dump

“Heheh… Quan has no clue we’re here. He’s got a woman with him, too. That’d be a mistake. Let’s bid a fine farewell to Leonster’s Lanceritter! The desert’s hinderin’ their movement. No way they can put up a fight here! Let’s move! The future of Thracia is in our grasp!”

This post encapsulates the hate/love I have for FE4/5.

It’s got a complicated and deep story with a lot of facets to it, and FE4 in particular is one of the few times when the player absolutely FEELS what the MC does deeply after the timeskip: Betrayal, anger, and shock. That alone elevates it to art.

But you spend more time fighting the clunky interface and highly experimental mechanics of both games than the actual enemies, and the impact of Seliph’s story is basically usurped by Leon far too early on. It’s depressingly obvious that Shougou had a serious hardon for the Prince of Leonster (only rivaled in the annals of Japanese creators by Kishamoto’s poorly-concealed erection whenever Sasuke appears on the page) and it detracts from both games. They’re among the games that have aged most poorly in the last thirty years (ranking higher IMHO than traditionally chosen titles like FF1, Super Mario Kart, Star Fox, Goldeneye, and Double Dragon), and honestly there ain’t much reason to play them except to say, “I played the most obscure and unplayable FE games.” Masochists, completionists, or snobby elitists only need apply.

Sweet Naga, I want IS to remake them. Or maybe just FE4 and leave Prince Leon of Leonster’s side story where it should be - in Shougou’s spank folder.

1 Like

Sothe: Zephyr (LOL) - 緑風(笑)
Midorikaze kakko warai* (* kakko : bracket)

緑風 ( midorikaze / literally “green wind”) is Sothe’s title in the ending of Radiant Dawn. Here’s how the player would get to learn about him (taken from Nico Nico Pedia):

Path of Radiance:
Beginning
What’s with him? Such weak stats to start with…
What’s this? Blossom? So this is Radd position coming? (Radd: Mercenary and Caesar’s friend, known for his high, speed-centric growths)
Level up
XDDDD That growth’s like cheating XDDDDDDD
What Manakete is you??? Gonna train you!!!
Level 20
Um… huh? The level’s stopped raising…? Ah I know!!
In a while he’ll get a scripted class change! Just like Ike and Volke!!
Late game
Still no class change… Even Ike and Volke have changed their class, but…
…Ah, enemy. Wait, my side’s so weak? After I focused on him so much…
…Nah, it’s time to see him class changed! Time to see the reward for all that!
Final chapter
…No class change for him in the end…
cries

Radiant Dawn:
Opening movie
Cool! Grown up Sothe!!!
Will sure become something great!
1-Prologue
Whoa!! Great initial stats! Isn’t this the Jeigan position?
Own everything as a thief!!!
Mid-Part 1
Huh…? Using him this much seems unreasonable…
I’ve got this feeling that things wouldn’t go so well…
1-Endgame
XDDDDD Black Knight’s here!! So strong!!
Sothe? That beancurd? Not using him anymore!
3-6
Ultra-beancurd. Ultra-weak. Nothing to steal. Ultra-useless. Still required to be used.
Tibarn
Resist, will ya? So this guy’s taken hostage and wouldn’t speak xDDD
4-Prologue
Okay, alright… I’ve had enough with him… Required in the chapter again? But he’s so weak…
Heather’s been class changed before, but him…?
Oh… Alright, he class changed! Yesh! Alright, let’s see the true power of Blossom! Gotta see gotta see!
…Just a common class…
And on top of that… Volke’s got a special class…
And still needed in the final chapter? I don’t want him anymore…

Sother suffers so much from… a lot of things, really. He’s a whisper. This means that he gets Bane, which when activated will make sure he won’t kill the enemy, no mater how weak that enemy is. This also means he gets much lower skill and speed than Volke does. And because of the chapters he shows up in, he’s even worse than Heather, not to mention Volke. And then there’s his famous line “ミカヤは俺が守る” (Micaiah is mine to protect), which fans often change to “ミカヤが俺を守る” (Micaiah gets me protected). Nico Nico Pedia also quptes the following comparison between the two:

Volke

• Exclusive class, exclusive battle animation
  • Debuts in Izuka’s farm and can easily reach the max level
  • Initial stats similar to the other player-raised characters
  • Will not get attacked thanks to his skill Stillness
  • Highest critical boost of all units
  • Skill that occasionally gets enemies killed: Lethality
  • Will honestly return 20000G in Endgame

Sothe

• Main character, but no exclusive class, no exclusive animation
  • Debuts in a map where he can steal lots of vulneraries
  • Gets to be player-raised all the way to having the low stat limits reached
  • Will likely get attacked by the Endgame spirits thanks to his stats
  • Highest meme-inducing ability of all units
  • Skill that occasionally gets enemies not killed: Bane
  • Will honestly offer 1200G from selling Kard early-game

i found this wellmade-pasta from the other post:

okay, from these comments I see a few reasons why Jagens are bad/shouldn’t be used

1. they carry you through the game
  2. they fall off later
  3. it feels like cheating
  4. they steal exp

now then allow me to argue that these arguments are objectively incorrect

1. USE THEM LIKE A NORMAL UNIT if you don’t throw your jagen into a mob without anyone else and watch them go wee then it’s your fault that they’re carrying you
  2. okay? They’re supposed to? I never got this argument, Fire Emblem gives you more than enough exp to go around, even more so if you choose to grind, bench them when they stop doubling or are taking too much damage (or put a brave weapon on them and watch them go weee)
  3. It’s not, these games are designed around using the Jagen to set up kills and take care of the enemies that your other units can not, this is why some people think bosses are too hard early game, they don’t use their jagen
  4. USE THEM LIKE A NORMAL UNIT if you use them as if they were just another unit and have them kill at the same or slightly higher rate than your other units then you’ll be fine, as long as your not actively giving your Jagen all of the exp there will be enough exp to go around

now then, I think that everyone who gives Jagens a shot instead of sparingly or never using them can agree that Jagens are among the most powerful units in each game, you can solo sacred stones and path of radiance with seth and titania, use frederick either as a stat backpack or a decent combat unit, give Jagen a brave lance or forged ridersbane and watch him go brrrrrr ect. So why does everyone hate Jagens? Probably because they look either stupid unfair or stupid to use, however fire emblem is a very different series that plays by its own logic so, if you haven’t tried out a Jagen yet

GO DO THAT

you cheesy bastard

class idea : savage shamen . use axe and dark magic and have no shirt .

Lord: void

Weapon:lance

Str:6

Skill:5

Con:10

Def:8

Luck:0 (knoll much)

Other soon

3 Likes