FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Meanwhile i was working appeared a pair of errors: after receiving an angelical robe appears a visual glitch in chapter 20 (0x1E: The Liberation of Illia) during the end event and in chapter 16x (0x15: The Pinnacle of Light) during the end event appears a visual glitch, if you press start to skip the cinematic, this last error occurs some times and another no

Why are you attaching this chapter data?
I want you to attach the chapter data where the problem occurs.
RE6 BETA v5.84.0 (Illia).emulator
RE6 BETA v5.84.0 (Illia)_2.emulator

“0x1E: The Liberation of Illia” because you are using a LOW instruction.
This LOW instruction does not contain a REMA that terminates the conversation.
Therefore, the conversation has not ended.
Yet you are bringing up the item menu, which breaks the screen.

Fix

Are you referring to this screen, “0x15: The Pinnacle of Light”?
This black rectangle is a specification.
If you pass an item with some of the backgrounds displayed, this can happen.
There is nothing we can do about this, so please give up.
Please pass the item without showing the background, or use a different background.
Another option is to make the background black.
RE6 BETA v5.84.0 (Illia)_3.emulator

1 Like

I have had a somewhat superficial question for some time, is it possible to change the name of some of the global flags?

The Event Flag Namer editor can be used to change the name of flags. Note that flag names are not part of the actual ROM, they’re kept in a different file since they’re only relevant for development.

1 Like

Hi 7743,
Are there any plans to update and fix the Gaiden Magic bugs in FEBuilder? I’m not skilled enough to add into the game via Event Assembler.

Not scheduled at this time.

A hang-up detection feature will be added to automatic feedback.

Since it is detected on the FEBuilderGBA side, you can use this feature without having to do anything if your game uses automatic feedback.
A hang-up here refers to a phenomenon in which the emulator stops with a strange screaming sound.
Infinite loops and forced resets are not included. (This is because we have not come up with a method to reliably detect infinite loops and forced resets.)
Screaming hangups often occur when the stack is destroyed.

In the event of a hangup, the chapter and save data are sent with the message Hang-up detection.
If the debugger is connected to the emulator for a long time and then suddenly disconnects, and the disconnection continues for more than 3 seconds, a feedback report will be sent, indicating that a crash has occurred.

Since it is difficult to notice a hang-up in a full-length game, it is best to understand that this is one more way to detect it early.
Of course, it is assumed that the game supports automatic feedback and that the player is playing using FEBuilderGBA.
This feature is experimental, so please let us know if there are any false positives.

Detecting a forced reset or a simple infinite loop can probably be done if the value of the r15 register can be obtained.
However, the registers are too small to locate in the emulator’s memory.
Currently, we can only see the 0x02000000 and 0x03000000 areas, so detecting these there seems unfortunately impossible.

1 Like

the world map is really a bit problematic in FE8

The world map is difficult, so if you don’t understand it, don’t get it.
You must understand the relationship between worldmap base, worldmap node, and worldmap event to make it work.

When you are issuing SKIPWN for the opening event, give up already.
You have not initialized the world map correctly.

Also, the worldmap node table has less number of cases than vanilla.
You must be doing something strange.
At this point, you should probably give up on worldmap already.

There’s a helpful guide on the World Map by PentV:

Maybe this’ll help!

Really? I don’t want to do that

in fact, I was trying to follow this other one and I don’t understand what happened, the first one worked, but the one that followed it didn’t work anymore.

Add DISABLE_CHEAT functionality to updateinfo.

DISABLE_CHEAT=1

If you include this in the updateinfo, it will disable the cheat function in FEBuilderGBA.
The default is DISABLE_CHEAT=0, which enables the cheat function.

Users are seeing the FEBuilderGBA debugger more and more often, e.g., via autofeedback.
It is human nature to want to press the cheat button when it is present.
For this reason, we have added a function to disable the cheat function.
It is a simple lock, so it can be removed quickly if you want to, but I think it is sufficient for casual users.

https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guid:febuildergba:work_support

If you are interested in auto feedback, download this file, rename it to the same name as gba rom and place it in the same directory.
If your ROM is myhack.gba, rename it myhack.updateinfo.txt.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/725478895226191892/1116339537937969212/YOURROMNAME.updateinfo.txt

Then, Open rom by FEbuilderGBA, press F5, and have a player unit with 1 HP assault the enemy.
A report of the death should be added to the following site

This sheet is public auto feedback.
It is provided for testing auto feedback.
If you want to create your own sheet(private sheet), you will need to do some more configuration.

You can zip myhack.ups and myhack.updateinfo.txt for distribution so that you can see other people’s play reports.

Autofeedback base64 values are now easier to use.

fe8kaitou.emulator

MENU->Tools->lz77 tool ->base64
It is now possible to start the emulator directly from the base64 value.

Hi,
I was wondering if it exist a patch or a edit of someone that made fe8 able to have a item similar to second seal, which will completly change a character class based on the unit ID.
If not, is there a way to make promotion based on a unit ID instead of a class?

Thanks.

Slightly change the version information sent.
Add the emulator name to the VERSION field.
Only mGBA displays the version number correctly.
The others display the date of the emulator exe as yyyyMMDD.

fe8kaitou  //ROM Name
20230611   //ROM file time yyyyMMDD
32750      //ROM capacity kb       32750kb(32MB)
VisualBoyAdvance-M //Emulator Name
20150526   //Emulator version or time yyyyMMDD

fe8kaitou  //ROM名
20230611   //ROM file time yyyyMMDD
32750      //ROM capacity kb       32750kb(32MB)
mGBA     //Emulator Name
0.10.1.0   //Emulator version or time yyyyMMDD

https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guid:febuildergba:work_support

A new simple problem

chapter 0x07 is loaded as an extra map instead of a chapter so the win condition for beating the boss is not activated and the win condition for beating everyone is activated as if it were a skirmish.

This problem was caused by your use of the world map.
Anyway, I disabled the world map completely with MNC2fix and proceeded again from ch1 and it worked.
The data in ch7 is lost in skirmish and should be discarded.
I think ch6 is also giving an opportunity to stray into SKIRMISH.

Also, the EndEvent for ch7 was blank, so it took a long time to verify.
It was hard to verify if it was cured or not, so I added MNC2.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470029781795078175/1118934296279920702/REX7_Beta_00xx00.PATCH.20230615212458.7z

1 Like

I’d like to report a bug with the “Added a game option that staff and dances do not display anime” patch.

The patch works correctly by replacing the vanilla subtitle help setting as stated in the description.

However, the problem is that turning the sound effects off also disables the staff and dance animations.

This is a bug.
Thanks for the report.
I have fixed it.
Please uninstall and reinstall the patch after updating FEBuilderGBA.

1 Like

This time I feel weird I have never had trouble with character classes.

Because you have not installed EMS.
It is required to extend the class table.

Please install the following patch.
Note that save data will not be compatible.
Please use state save to carry over your data.

ExModularSave with Supply 200 ver20220401
2 Likes