FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Oh, there was such a patch.
I made that myself, but forgot I made it. lol
If you can count by specifying a range, I think it is possible to use that.

2 Likes

Added support for import / export of individual instruments.

Until now, there was a function to export / export the entire instrument table, but since there is a demand for import / export for individual instruments, we have added the function.

Hello! Time to finally make my first FEU post!

My question today is about FE6. While looking for ways to speed up weapon experience gain, I noticed that itā€™s all universal, and that thereā€™s a number that can be changed in the hex editor for when you attack with a weapon and then also for when you deal a killing blow with a weapon. I realized that this doesnā€™t affect staves and that thereā€™s no spot made obvious to edit to give them the same effect. If a universal staff weapon experience value exists within FE6 that can be edited, could a patch be added to make it more accessible? Or if not, could I instead just learn the right hex address to edit?

sorry
i mean in fe8, i can change the chapter title through this:

but i cant find the same function when i open a fe7 rom

WEXP cannot be set for weapons in FE6.
This can be set in FE7 and later.
Presumably, all weapons in FE6 work as if they are set to 1.
If you want to change this behavior, you will need to write your own ASM.

Chapter titles vary in format depending on the series.

FE6 Image
FE7J Image
FE7U Text
FE8J Image
FE8U Image

As you can see from this table, FE7U is the only exception that allows you to set it in text.
In FE7U, the system uses a special font to draw and display the data set in text as an image.
However, there is a limitation that only alphabetic characters can be used for the generated characters.
There is a patch that allows FE8U to generate chapter titles from text, just like FE7U.

Your question is that you want FE7U to be set up with images like FE8U.
The answer to this is: impossible.
As explained above, there is no function to specify it as an image since it is automatically generated from text in FE7U.
If you really want to have that feature, you need to write and create your own ASM.

The universal staff wexp value is equivalent to the wexp value for attacking with a weapon, unless Iā€™m remiss.

I understand that WEXP for individual weapons is something that exists only in FE7 and 8. But I was referring more about the editors under patches that exist for universal WEXP in FE6. There are two editors, one for weapon experience when attacking and one for weapon experience when you defeat an enemy. They were both at 1 because thatā€™s how it is in vanilla FE6. I changed both values to 2, and saw that my units were gaining WEXP a lot faster. But I noticed that this effect doesnā€™t apply to WEXP obtained from using staves. I was hoping to find some random value to be able to edit in a hex editor to change the staff WEXP from 1 to 2 along with actual weapons, but Iā€™m guessing there might be a chance that since staves donā€™t do traditional attacks, getting WEXP from them might have been something that was implemented through ASM.

So Iā€™ve been working on my romhack for a bit of time now and managed to resolve some issues with one of my friends
Lately Iā€™ve been having a few issues now involving 2 chapters, Escape! & a new chapter I added.

• With Escape, Iā€™ve been having an issue where after completing the chapter and the conversation between Eirika & Tana has ended, Iā€™m sent back to the opening of the game (with the introduction of each region). Iā€™ve been trying to figure out why and havenā€™t noticed anything odd with looking through it.
  • Then thereā€™s the other chapter I brought up earlier, a new one I added. When starting the map up, Iā€™m immediately brought to enemy phase and after the first enemy has moved (a armor knight moves over a few tiles), Iā€™m immediately met with a game over. Iā€™ve made sure to have the game over flag set to 65 (and Ephraimā€™s death quote meets that), but it still continues to do this.
    Iā€™m hoping I could get some answers on why both of these happen.
    7z link (New Chapter is located at 3B)

I canā€™t download your report7z because the file has authentication set up.

Ah my bad heck, this should work now.
Fixed 7z link

With Escape, Iā€™ve been having an issue where after completing the chapter and the conversation between Eirika & Tana has ended, Iā€™m sent back to the opening of the game (with the introduction of each region). Iā€™ve been trying to figure out why and havenā€™t noticed anything odd with looking through it.

This is because you have not edited the Worldmap event in the prologue to set Flag 0x89 ā€œWorldmap Initialization flagā€ to ON.
As a result, the system misunderstands that the worldmap has not been initialized yet, and as a result, when you try to display the wordmap, it reverts to the OP.
However, no matter how many times you play the OP, you are removed the Flag 0x89 event, so this flag will not be valid and the OP will play indefinitely.

Then thereā€™s the other chapter I brought up earlier, a new one I added. When starting the map up, Iā€™m immediately brought to enemy phase and after the first enemy has moved (a armor knight moves over a few tiles), Iā€™m immediately met with a game over. Iā€™ve made sure to have the game over flag set to 65 (and Ephraimā€™s death quote meets that), but it still continues to do this.

This is because there is no single Player Unit.
Therefore, the game engine assumes that all the players have been wiped out and displays game over.

As you can see in the debugger, the trio shown on the screen is set to Esacped.
This unit is in a disengaged state, meaning it is not in the party.
Therefore, the number of people in the party is zero.

There are many ways to fix this,
but the best way in vanilla is to issue a REVEAL command to remove the detached status.

UPS
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17wUVA97Ihr1bzljCdjjGRQJrnC7jvwA0/view?usp=sharing

Hello, I was making this hack where 1-2 range axe/lance cannot double. Is there any way to make this happen since the 1x attack per combat patch cannot be installed with Skill System and I donā€™t want to mess up the weaponā€™s weight.

ā€œcannot doubleā€
What does this mean?

Does that mean you donā€™t want to attack twice?

In vanilla, as you say, there are patches.
However, this patch is not available for SkillSystems.
I donā€™t use Skill Systems, so I canā€™t answer for Skill Systems.

You may want to ask a question in the Skill Systems thread.
If there is any way, I would like to support it in FEBuilderGBA as well.

1 Like

With the latest Skillsystem, if you set 0xC in the weapon ability (place where you set if a weapon is nosferatu or devil or inflicts stone), it will be a weapon unable to double.

3 Likes

I put C in here andā€¦ it just works.
Much appreciated!!!

1 Like

Hi, I am new here. I have some questions regarding the status page.
I had used the latest Skill system Patch, and was using the Personal Data 4th page of the status screen.
The ā€œDislikeā€ word image is glitched, and I am not sure how to fix it, as I donā€™t know where the image is located.
.7z here

About the FELint text limit
We now issue a warning for text longer than 5636 bytes.

However, this is a rather lenient number.
FE8ā€™s text buffer is 4096 bytes.
Normally, a warning should be issued at 4096 bytes, but there is a palette buffer below the text buffer that is used for fading out.
Therefore, breaking this buffer will not freeze the game.
Below the palette buffer used for fade-out, there is a section where the game data is stored, and if this section is destroyed, the game will stop.
Therefore, for the time being, we will warn at 5636 bytes, which is the size of both the text buffer and the palette buffer.
If it ever crashes at a smaller size than this, we will raise the bar in the future.
We recommend that you try not to exceed 4096 bytes as much as possible.

This is because TextID: 0xF1B has an incorrect character code entered.

If you change this string correctly, it will work normally.

Hi, Iā€™ve got an issue regarding summoning:
Once a phantom is summoned, the option to summon doesnā€™t go away, granting a free 10xp.
How can I fix this?