FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Hi. I downloaded the Melee and Magic Menu fix patch.
I found enemy units with unusual levels of the Mag stat, which neither they nor their class should have.
I presumed the patch was broken and went to uninstall it. Now, the Pow and Mag stats remain split.
I was not able to specify an unmodded version during uninstallation.

Trying to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for your time.

This is for fe6 and relates to custom instruments. more details in the report
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JILj9ET4Zlz-tqA4q2onX1B3NiMiLQf_?usp=sharing

I imported a custom .WAV file as an instrument, (it is in instrument slot 77) but it won’t make any sound. the song that uses it is called “Clash with the Immortal venus”(It’s from knights in the nightmare) and it should sound like a gunsho

Please write down the SongID properly.
“SongID 0x15 Clash with the Immortal venus”.

I wasted about 30 minutes of my time because you didn’t write the SongID.

As you can see in sappy, the volume is low.

Increasing the volume of the track didn’t improve it, and there is no velocity set, so the volume of the instrument itself is low.
Please change the ADSR setting of the instrument.
Currently, the ADSR for this instrument is 0x5,0x1A,0x0,0x1A, please change it to 0xFF,0x0,0xFF,0x50.
This will solve the problem.

How you set the ADSR is a matter of preference.
You can change the setting values to find the right one.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. If there is a next time, I will make sure to specify the song ID properly;
May I ask how you found the ADSR value?

For the ADSR value, I using the ADSR value of another instrument that works properly.

about ADSR , If you search google for ADSR, I think that many DTM web pages will be hit.
Please refer to the explanation written there.

I am a Chinese player, how to add character skill button in Chinese version

This is not bug.
This is because the implementation of the Skill System is different between FE8J and FE8U.
In FE8U’s Skill System(SkillSystems), there are 3 configuration items.
In FE8J’s Skill System (FE8N), there are 2 configuration items. (One is for backward compatibility and is actually one setting item)

FE8CN is fan translation based on FE8J.
Therefore, it will be used FE8N, the Skill System of FE8J.

If you open FE8U in a Chinese environment, you can check it by displaying 3 items.
MENU->Settings->Option Setting3 Lang

@7743 What do I need to do to upgrade and acquire skills on fe8j,

I think this can bring a better experience to the game

FE8N (FE8J’s Skillsystem) does not have the ability to learn skills through LevelUp.
Skills are learned from units, classes, and items.

It seems that the game is probably based on FE5 Thracia 776’s Skills.
Somehow, many FE Hackers like FE5 Thracia 776.

FE5 Thrace 776 also does not have the ability to learn skills through LevelUp.

Is there an Chrome Os version of FE Builder GBA? If not(and if it’s not a big troubble), can you make one?

Hello!
I am currently having an issue with my hack “freezing” on the NPC phase, but I have no idea why. To clarify the issue, on an NPC phase, the game camera will stop and the UI will disappear, though when this happens the units visible are doing their idle animation and music is still playing. So it really doesn’t freeze the game to 0 fps.
After I tested it out and friends tested it out, it seems to happen around a reinforcement spawn in Chapter 1 (after the prologue). If anyone may know of a fix or how to help it would be appreciated.

Report7z file:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16_FWmnVWKsdG35SAauXXfnVbJzg3lw4e?usp=sharing

The one on turn 1~255 Has no units to be loaded that’s the problem

Just click extend list. That’ll fix it. I think

Thanks I will try this. Ironically while I was making the report7z my friend ask why this event (on the same location as the event we thought was the issue) was there so I changed it to a dummy event. Well anyways thanks for the help.

I’m having this proble where the mnap freezes (FE6)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/131ceM4WABp_Wk9m3UShWThQMhiYrvqS3?usp=sharing

This is because TileID 0x34 does not exist.

The tile for this wooden bridge is TileID 0x34.
However, FE6 only has TIleID 0x31.
Subsequent Tile IDs were added in FE7.

You accessed a Tile ID that doesn’t exist, so it freezes.
if you setting appropriate TileID for this tile will solve the problem.

I don’t attach ups because it’s a very simple fix.
If you don’t know, ask again.

Oh right, snags were not a thing in FE6.

Sorry for the back to back questions but how do you program an event battle in fe6? It seems to be very different than how you program one in fe8.

I made a mistake in the definition file of the English version of EventScript FE6.
Please update FEBuuilderGBA.
Then you will be able to browse the EventBattle structure.

Thank you for your help

Anyone know why the Skill Systems Heroes Movement patch isn’t displaying in the patches menu?