FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Is it only the game’s music that is causing the problem?
Can songs from other games be imported?

If so, it is possible that the game has a special song engine instead of the M4A engine.

I have confirmed that the import function works correctly in my environment with the latest version of FEBuilderGBA.
If you are unable to import songs from other games, there may be a problem with your ROM or your environment.

Just updated, it works if I use sappy, but does not work if I use VGM, it does not start

Can I put the situation in perspective?

You are using FEBuilderGBA’s “Import Song From Another ROM”, right?

You were unable to view the imported song data in the “Song Track” screen of FEBuilderGBA.
Is this correct so far?

You couldn’t play a song in VGM in that state, right?

If the answer to all of the questions up to 3 is yes, then that’s what I answered the day before.
If you can’t see it on the FEBuilderGBA screen and can’t play the song in the VGM, then the import itself has failed.
If you say “I could not play the song in the game either”, then this is confirmed.

This means that you could not play the song because it failed to import.

If “the song can be played in the game”, then FEBuilderGBA is not displaying the song correctly.
If the song could not be played only with VGM, then the VGM or its settings are not correct.
In this case, you should ask yourself, “Can other songs be played in VGM?” You can narrow down the cause of the problem by

Depending on how far it’s working correctly, it’s easier to identify "what’s wrong.
Since things are built on layers of complexity, it’s easier to identify the problem by asking, "Where are the layers working correctly? makes it easier to identify the layer that is causing the problem.

This is true not only for Song, but also for graphics.
There are at least 4 things to check

1. Is it working properly in the game?
  2. In FEBuilderGBA, is it displayed correctly?
  3. Does it cause problems with other data as well?
  4. Does other software have the same problem?

//Just because most people don’t do that much research, that’s why report7z is so useful.
//Asking all the questions is a tedious and tedious task.

Today, you said “it works if I use sappy”.
Then what does that mean for the SongTrack screen in FEBuilderGBA that you claimed the other day?
Simply, you just forgot to update the screen after importing the song?

Or, are you trying to import songs with Sappy?
The old method used to import songs using Sappy.
Are you using this technique?

I’m not sure what’s going on here, so I’d like to clarify the situation.

1 Like

I have problems with the CG Images
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iaqTyi6aFKgjD7TmcqTyeLF5ScsKlBwt/view?usp=sharing

This is a bug.
I will fix it later.

This is because the addresses of the data in CGID 0x0 and 0xA are the same.
Therefore, when writing to 0xA, the data in 0x0 is corrupted.

In the meantime, I’ll contact you about the current solution.
Once the CGID 0x0 data is set to 0x0, then import it to CGID 0x0.

=>

However, everything you can do with CG, you can also do with BG.
The functions of CG and BG are almost the same.
Except for processing that must be done with CG, such as ending, I recommend using BG.

Oh well, I see.
Thanks for your reply, I will wait for the resolve.

Fe6: Hey how would one create a very basic overworld map animation?
I’m talking like text and portraits that’s it

Alright, so I have a weird problem here- that’s actually happened to me before back when I was playing around hacking FE7. (Currently, the exact same problem is happening on an FE8 hack)

Basically, whenever I select a unit in the Link Arena, the ROM freezes, with the other non-selected units still performing their standing animations and the music still playing as normal. However, the selected unit freezes in a frame of their hover animation.

Will attach 7z when I figure out how.

Fixed CG issue in the latest version.

What is “very basic overworld map animation”?

I want to show you how to look for an unknown image.
First, if you can identify the palette, check the vicinity of the ASM where it is loaded.
This is because most images require a palette when they are used.
This is why the address of the image data is written before and after the process of loading the palette.

If you still can’t find it, there is another way.
Since the image is compressed to lz77, place a breakpoint at “08012f50 UnLZ77Decompress”.
This function is called a lot, so it is a bit tedious, but I think it works well.
When the breakpoint is matched, the r0 register is the address of the data being lz77ed.
Enter it into the GraphicsEditor of FEBuilderGBA.
Repeat this process until you find the desired image.

If you still can’t find the image, it may be an uncompressed image.
A small percentage of data is somehow stored uncompressed.
In this case, it is very difficult to find.
The only way to find it is to read the ASM near the process.

Isn’t that hacking not compatible with Link Arena?
I think there are quite a few works that do not support Link Arena.
Without report7z, I don’t know, so I can only answer that much.

1 Like

Really? Great.

Hey I’m new here and new to FE Builder in general. Is it possible to create an event that spawns a unit with a status effect? I am trying to spawn a green unit with the sleep status. Then after a talk event, the unit is “woken up” and recruited without that sleep status effect. Creating a talk event to recruit them is easy. But I do not know how to go about adding and removing the sleep effect.

Also if this is not the place for these types of questions I will refrain in the future and try elsewhere.

I think there’s a patch called “Make unit bad status” or something like that. The sleep status uses the value 2, but has a default of 3 turns. If you want to change the number of turns, add a number in front .(EX: 82 is sleep for 8 turns, F2 is sleep for 15 Turns.) I believe the maximum is 15, but I hope this helps. As for waking the green unit up, just use the same patch and set the status to 0.
Technically, you can have the status last forever through turn events. (EX: On turn 10, set sleep back to 15 turns.) This is slightly more complex since it requires the use of flags, but it’s good info to know when using FEBuilder.

1 Like

There’s the side issue of the fact that the game won’t let you speak with a unit who’s asleep.

1 Like

Good to know. Thank you!

@knabepicer And oh shoot I didn’t even think of that. Thanks as well.

I completely forgot about the sleep/talk thing!
Instead, just use a range condition where, if a certain character is near the green unit, a talk event occurs and the green unit is recruited. (If you don’t know how to do this, look at Chapter 1 of Sacred Stones. There’s an event that summons reinforcements if Eirika enters a certain area.)

1 Like

I should have been more specific, Is there a tutorial of how to make an over world map Event
sorry for confusion

I actually managed to fix it lol
It was a problem with the HPbars patch that makes the Link Arena freeze when trying to select a unit. I think it may be something to do with the warnings that the patch uses.

I have a rather obscure question. The FE8 chapter start events usually begin with a command to start playing the appropriate music track. That makes sense. However, the FE7 chapter start events do not appear to contain a command that starts the initial music track playing for the scene. Is this specified elsewhere in the chapter data? Thanks.