FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

I edit something but this did that create some errors

My problems

This is because we have reduced the number of subtitle data by one.
It looks like I shouldn’t change the number of these tables.

Click Extends and increase the number of data by one.
That will solve the problem.

Thank you, that has resolved all.

The command line feature has been added to VGMusicStudio and is now supported by FEBuilderGBA.
(However, the command line feature has not yet been merged into VGMusicStudio, it is still in the pull request stage).

Here’s the VGMusicStudio I built.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/145137778710151168/774580025188941844/VGMusicStudio-luncherOption.7z

You can enable this version of VGMusicStudio by setting up this version of VGMusicStudio in the part of the settings screen where you set sappy.

For impatient people who can’t do such a complicated thing.
In the case of the latest version of FEBuilderGBA, the Init Setup Wizard allows you to install it automatically.
In the Init Setup Wizard, simply select VGMusic Studio.
The rest will be downloaded automatically.

Also, midfix4agb is now supported.
I think it will be easier to reproduce songs with a lot of BEND.
Since midfix4agb also has no exe distribution, the binary I built is here.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/145137778710151168/775008685360807956/midfix4agb.7z

Here, too, with Init Setup Wizard, can be installed automatically.

When importing midi, miyoon filter, midfix4agb can be selected.

4 Likes

Now I have trouble switching between chapters.
My error

P.S. I forgot to mention that the Knight class color palette is broken in the class presentation on the title screen.

Hi, I was testing the final version of my hack, but there is a bug where everytime I load a save, the magic stat for all units is reset to 0.
It started happening when I installed ExModular save supply 200 and uninstalled “Include skill/4 in AS calculation”, so it might have something to do with it.
I need help D:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/boc1hdkixtf8ufv/Cobk+betatesting.REPORT.20201116013126.report.report.7z/file

Exmodular save changes how save data itself is stored and read, so I think it’s unavoidable that if you install a patch like that, you run into issues with old saves.

Of course, that’s normal. The problem is that even if I make a new save it starts fine, but whenever I try to load it all my characters get their magic stat reset, making it impossible to complete the playthrough.

In other words, as soon as you press “new game” and then “suspend”, as soon as you try to resume the game all your magic is gone.

Please find the backup of right before you uninstalled the “include skill/4 in AS” patch. I would recommend the diff debug tool as a quick way to test many backups in a row with f5 and savestates.

I believe someone else had a similar issue recently using skillsys + S rank bonus

Make a savestate before you suspend, then test it on many versions until you find the first version that sets magic to 0.

We can then use the compare differences part of the tool to revert only the changed data between having the patch and uninstalling it. As long as you have the backup before and after installing/uninstalling a patch, we can undo it.

Another way to do it might be to compare the differences between vanilla fe with skill/4 in as patch, skillsys 200 supply installed, and skillsys + skill/4 patch, though I am not as confident in trying this.

Here’s the video I made on the diff debug tool, though I don’t explain finding the differences at the end very well.

1 Like

It just occurred to me that an easy fix might be to download and install the custom build, changing none of the settings (so that it will be identical to the skillsys aug patch you updated to). If uninstalling the AS patch reverted some code to vanilla that shouldn’t have been changed, ‘updating’ skillsys might fix it. Of course, please make a backup before you update.

1 Like

The diff tool worked!

Before trying that, I first tried to update skillsystems, but it destroyed the ROM so badly that literally as soon as I pressed the A button it would crash with a death screech :v
However, once I used the diff tool with the earliest backup, it got working well without affecting any events.
The only downside is that my supply is back to 100, but honestly that’s not an issue. I’ll test more the next days to check nothing too weird happens. Again, thank you!

1 Like

When you start a new game the game loads normally but when you finish the events of the map of the world it shows those of the second chapter and instead of going to the first map it goes to the second, also if you complete it it sends you to the beginning of the first chapter; it is as if it was an infinite loop.

This is because MNCH is used to move Chapters.
If you don’t want to understand the troublesome events of Worldmap, I recommend that you use only MNC2 and not WorldmapEvent at all.

Wolt in the unit list appears before Roy.

This is because Wolt’s Unit order is 0.
Therefore, it is displayed before Roy of Unit Order 1.

I forgot to mention that the Knight class color palette is broken in the class presentation on the title screen.

This is because Palette ID: 0x3B does not exist in your ROM.

Only palettes up to 0x17 are registered in your ROM.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

• I have fixed the palettes, putting on all the palettes to FF.
  • Wolt with order 34 now show late Roy.
  • Ok, I will continue without world map events for a time.

Since the english translation of FE6 got a recent update, will the support in FEBuilder be updated in the future? Or will it stay the same? I am just wondering.

Where can I find the updated FE6 english patches?

Updates are still in progress, but further major changes to the romstructure are unlikely.

1 Like

Are there any problems other than “No Support Conversation Table Displayed”?
I think other than this problem, it seems to work correctly.
this patch somehow rewrote the assistive conversation routines and FEBuilderGBA can’t get pointers to the assistive conversation table.

The patches-section seems to have issues with “Preparationstore even in Hard” and “World Map”. Otherwise, I was unable to confirm any issues myself aside from Support conversation. Thanks for investigating compatibility on your Program.

SkillSystems 20201128

This is Skill Systems’ 20201128 build.
The update method is the same as before.
Select the Skill Systems you were using before and press the Update button.

Please make a backup before updating.
If you have any problems after updating, please send us report7z.

For those who want to do a Custom Build, we will publish the source code.
Source Code
https://github.com/FEBuilderGBA/FEBuilderGBA/releases/download/ver_20201128.23/SkillSystem_FE8.20201128.7z

Thanks to Vesly for helping with the work.

Support “Modern Character Growths (Growth = Character Growth + Class Growth)(SkillSystems)”
The default is off, so if you want to use it, please enable it using the following patch.

NAME.en=Modern Character Growths (Growth = Character Growth + Class Growth)(SkillSystems)
INFO.en=This Patched supported by SkillSystems.\r\n0 is disable. 1 is enable.\r\nPatches the game to calculate growths using a different formula.\r\nCharacter Growths Per Stat = Growth Rate (Character Editor) + Growth Rate (Class Editor)\r\nNote that this does not alter the game's auto-level routines, so keep this in mind when changing growth rates.\r\n
COMBO=Default(Vanilla)|0x0|Enable(ModernGrowths)|0x01

Fix Supply 200 glicth.
However, the fix is not a big deal.
You do not need to update for this.

Just add this fix and it will work in the August version as well.

//need this
  ORG $A324A
  BYTE $C7

ORG $A32D2
  BYTE $C7

I merged some patches.

5 Likes

This happened when I tried to import from another GBA game, tried to play the tracks, but this warning appeared, in the import screen it says every song has no tracks, but I tried regular FE7 FE8 AND FE6 US versions, and I think it would not work, as It does not seem to be able to preview the songs.