FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

I resolved this, I eliminated the units on the world map to start of the event and already isn’t broken, Although I think I’d better pass it on as you say to the opening event of the chapter.

Would it be possible to allow the promotion item tab to be extended? In short, make more promotion items.

1 Like

It looks like the new split patch allows promotion item expansion. I have not confirmed it yet.

It does, but if the item isn’t under that promotion list, it won’t let the unit promote. And I did give my custom promotion items all the properties that the original had.

They Don’t break the game together, however, They don’t work together, 3 promotion works with the ocean seal, but it overrides other items as a promotion option.
The one patch I shared for FE7 allowed to any number of palletes per character and class promotions per class.

That patch didn’t separate well from ups.
It cannot be used as a general-purpose patch unless it is made independent as a single patch.

Also, the attached code and the code that actually works were a little different.
So I had to spend more time analyzing it and I stopped working.

is there a way to fix this

1 Like

So, I tried using the new Promotion Split option in FE8, just to see how it worked.

I wrote the Installer correctly to the ROM; no issues there.

Afterward, however, when I clicked on the middle option, ‘PromoItemsList(Editor),’ I received an error.

This error pops up every time I click the middle option.

The bottom option, ‘SplitPromoItemsList(Editor),’ works fine, however.

This is what the full error file says:

Error Message
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Exception: linkerror linktype(SMEPROMOLIST) error  link_info:L_4_SMEPROMOLIST
   at FEBuilderGBA.InputFormRef.makeLinkEventHandler(String prefix, List`1 controls, NumericUpDown src_object, Control link_info, UInt32 link_id, String linktype, String[] args) in F:\Github\FEBuilder (7743's Version)\FEBuilderGBA\InputFormRef.cs:line 2755
   at FEBuilderGBA.InputFormRef.MakeLinkEventOne(String prefix, List`1 controls, Control link_info) in F:\Github\FEBuilder (7743's Version)\FEBuilderGBA\InputFormRef.cs:line 75
   at FEBuilderGBA.InputFormRef.MakeLinkEvent(String prefix, List`1 controls) in F:\Github\FEBuilder (7743's Version)\FEBuilderGBA\InputFormRef.cs:line 41
   at FEBuilderGBA.InputFormRef.Init(Form self, String prefix, List`1 unionPrefixList, UInt32 basepointer, UInt32 blocksize, Func`2 nextAddrCallback, Func`3 isDataExistsCallback, Func`3 loopcallback) in F:\Github\FEBuilder (7743's Version)\FEBuilderGBA\InputFormRef.cs:line 5362
   at FEBuilderGBA.InputFormRef..ctor(Form self, String prefix, UInt32 basepointer, UInt32 blocksize, Func`3 isDataExistsCallback, Func`3 loopcallback) in F:\Github\FEBuilder (7743's Version)\FEBuilderGBA\InputFormRef.cs:line 5052
   at FEBuilderGBA.PatchForm.LoadPatchStruct(PatchSt patch) in F:\Github\FEBuilder (7743's Version)\FEBuilderGBA\PatchForm.cs:line 1034
   at FEBuilderGBA.PatchForm.LoadPatch(PatchSt patch) in F:\Github\FEBuilder (7743's Version)\FEBuilderGBA\PatchForm.cs:line 315
   at FEBuilderGBA.PatchForm.PatchList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Github\FEBuilder (7743's Version)\FEBuilderGBA\PatchForm.cs:line 5266
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4240.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FEBuilderGBA
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///F:/Github/FEBuilder%20(7743's%20Version)/FEBuilderGBA/bin/Debug/FEBuilderGBA.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4210.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4210.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4240.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Naturally, I applied the Patch on FE8 USA.

I’m Having trouble with the 200 slots on supply, it only saves up to 100 items, does not save more than a 100 items upon resume after closing the game

Here is a savefile, it contains over 100 items in the units

Sorry for the late reply.
Recently, it often took about 1 minute to display the FEU and timed out, so I neglected to confirm it.

It certainly seems to be a problem.
I think it’s a bug in the Supply200 patch, as the same event occurred when I adapted the Supply200 patch to the vanilla ROM.
It seemed to work when I tested it in the past, but I think I may have been wrong.
Since EMS is only available in FE8U, it may have been overlooked. (Because I mainly use FE8J).

This routine uses Gamma’s routine.

I’d like to ask him a question as well.
Do you have a routine to fix this problem?

Please update FEBuilder GBA to the latest version.
It don’t recognize the type SMEPROMOLIST, so I think the version is old.

If that doesn’t work, please send us report7z as we want to check the version.

What’s the problem?
What’s the problem with “black out titles”?

Do you have the “256 Color Title Background Installer” Patch installed?
Did you import a title image using the “256 Color Title Background(Editor)” Patch after you installed it?
If you haven’t imported a title image, the background will be black because the image is set to null.

If this doesn’t solve the problem, please send me report7z.

Hello, I’ve been having some trouble with the skillsystem currently.

I want to give a unit multiple skills at base as seen below without making it a class skill for Baron.

But even when I do Level 255, 1, or 0, it doesn’t display.
MonaSagaV10.R.emulator-519
Am I messing up something?

Exist a patch of Magic Separation for FE8U?
I only found this patch for FE7U and FE8J

Just finished updating to latest version and my pc said it was the cause of a trojan virus. I’ve been using FEBuilder for the last two months and there hasn’t been a slight problem since the latest patch (t the time of updating date was 10/27/2020).
Is anyone else having this problem?

Every time I’ve tried updating FEBuilder for these last months it freezes when extracting. Reinstalling has not worked.

Febuilder is open source. Please access the github linked in the first post and compile the code yourself if you are worried about it.

Some antivirus programs lock out everything except downloads they recognize, such as chrome installer, or itunes. Febuilder is not high profile enough to be on antivirus whitelists, but it has hundreds of users who haven’t complained along with open source code and an amazing developer who devotes an incredible amount of time to helping out users in using the program. I am not even remotely worried about it, personally.

2 Likes

Can you send a report7z or a log? Are you installing it in a fresh directory with the installer.exe?

SkillSystems for FE8U has a StrMag split, so it certainly exists there. I’m not sure about having it as a standalone hack, but I know that skillsystems without the skills displayed on the stat screen exists by Runa iirc (and with that you could simply give all units/classes zero skills). I’d suggest installing skillsys and running a custom build to revert the stat screen to normal.

Try learned level as 20 or 21. I’m not certain how it works myself, but I vaguely recall someone explaining it before.

If you can’t figure it out, perhaps you should ask on the skillsys thread. 7743 did not make skillsys, he just made an easy to install patch of it for febuilder.

1 Like

I’ve been installing updates with the 3rd button, right here:

Report files work for ROMs rather than the software itself, so it doesn’t help.