FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Fixed! Thanks so much!

What happened to the “Cunning” skill?

It was only a display skill with no actual effect. You still had to use the vanilla flags to have a unit do thief skills. So it’s been replaced by a skill that has a function. If you want it back for any reason you can do a custom build.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks.

Already have a much bigger problem, FEBuilderGBA suddenly isn’t displaying text:

Please download again.

Did you make the text color the same as the background color?
I think the text is not displayed or the text color seems to be set to the same color as the background.
You may to rename config/config.conf.

The text was supposed to be white, unlike the background. Aside from that, I downloaded FEBuilderGBA again, but now the buttons won’t work when I try to test roms.

Try changing the letter colors, it happened to me once too

No, I mean when I launch my rom, none of the hotkeys work. I hit the key for Start, but it doesn’t register.

Nevermind, I fixed the issue.

Got another problem, this time my rom freezes before any combat happens.

The battle animation ID 0x20 Brigand animation is broken.
Please put the correct data in this animation.
You should export from vanilla and import.

1 Like

Hi, maybe this is a stupid question, do you know how to increase the world map nodes?

Settings -> Options -> Function 2. Although iirc you might run into some issues with it. At least when it comes to roads, those can disappear, I don’t know for sure if that’s the case with nodes as well. If you decide to try it out, be careful and make a backup.

If you increase the Worldmap Node, you have to expand the save data.
It’s very difficult and I don’t recommend it.
If you really want to extend, please allow Extends from the settings menu.
There are no save data expansion patches, so you need to do a Custom Build and write your own.

Hi, I was wondering how I can change the moving map animation’s sound effect. I changed a class to be a Pegasus knight unit and everything works fine but the sound effect is changed to that of a Cavalier when the original class was a foot unit
I’m using FE6 as the base game

Atleast in FE 8 US, under “Advanced Editors”, there is a button labeled “Movement Sounds”. Although I’m not sure if that function is available in FE 6, sorry. Hope this helps a bit.

1 Like
NAME=ç§»ć‹•éŸł(Installer)
NAME.en=MovementSounds(Installer)
NAME.zh=MovementSounds(Installer)

In FE6, MovementSounds are hard coded in ASM.
Therefore, patches are needed to make them modifiable.

MENU -> Tools -> Patch
Search MovementSounds for patches.

1 Like

Thank you
While I’m at it, is it possible to have battle dialogue for recruitable characters that only happens when they’re an enemy unit? When I try do have a unit have battle dialogue like that it still happens regardless of whether or not they’re an enemy or player unit

I recommend you have the completion flag for that dialogue set in the recruitment event for that unit. That way, if the convo isn’t triggered before recruitment, it will never trigger.