FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

“Class,HP,Aid,etc.”. Basicly everything that is over the list of Units.(Even tho I personally never tested if “Name” and “Max” are supported somewhere in FEBuilder)

Hi,
I have a question regarding the tactician name input screen in FE8.
I have installed the patch Reservered TextID:0xEFF as the display of the tack name.
But when I use that string as the name of the character in FeBuilder, the game crashes. I extended the string table to 0xfff, and now it doesn’t display anything.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks

Please send report7z.

I send report7z. in the Discord server.
Is that correct?

I answered with discord.
You forgot to install the “Reserved TextID: 0xEFF as the display of the tack name” patch.

1 Like

The support screen has been renewed.
To set up support, you was necessary to write a pointer in the unit settings.
Since this is a hassle, it can be omitted.
Specifically, it looks like this.

2 Likes

This is gonna make my life so much easier when it comes to supports. Thank you.

Hi I have a question. I’ve created a custom promoted class using one of the unused classes. I have it set as a promoted unit alongside a Rogue for the thief but when I use a master seal instead of getting an options screen I get a black screen. Am I missing something?

did you already insert the animations?

If you mean battle animations then yes, unless your’e referring to another type of animation

then send a reportfile

I think you missing report7z.
For problems such as freezing, I can not answer(help) to you about not looking at the data.

There are 3 common possibilities.

Can the class after the promotion be equipped with the same weapon?
For example, a class promoted by a swordsman must be equipped with a sword.

If they can’t equip it, it will crash.
There is a patch to work around this.

Are you using a font that cannot be used for the name of the promotion class?
There are restrictions on the characters that can be used in class names that are displayed in a red font cursive format.

other than that.

same weapon. This was the problem. The new class uses axes and lances but no swords. Thanks for the help

You can also apply the following patch and make it work by turning off the weapon from the Promotion screen.
This patch avoids this freeze by displaying motion without weapons.

NAME=CC時に武器表示無し
NAME.en=Display/Hide Weapon On Promote
NAME.zh=系统_在转职时没有武器显示

Ok thanks

I am having an issue with chapter 1, units not load correctly after the cutscene.
It is weird because if I skip the events no issue occurs.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/652858326442311693/654781623354523698/20191212211719.report.7z

I can not access your report7z.

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access denied.</Message>
<Details>
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to discord/attachments/652858326442311693/654781623354523698/20191212211719.report.7z.
</Details>
</Error>

Is there a way to change the name in the stat display screen from Str to something else? I’m using the Melee and Magic Menu Fix and I can’t find a way to change it.

Do you mean you want to change this?
TextID 0x4FE Str
TextID 0x4FF Mag

I do not understand why you can not access.

I uploaded on dropbox: